Supply bug

Empires in Arms is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. Empires in Arms is a seven player game of grand strategy set during the Napoleonic period of 1805-1815. The unit scale is corps level with full diplomatic options

Moderator: MOD_EIA

KenClark

Supply bug

Post by KenClark »

I had a problem last turn building supply depots in friendly territory. This is what happened:

-I am GB.

-I sent two heavy fleets into Stettin (Prussian port) one turn previously.

-Prussia gave me access

-I had a supply depot pre-existing in Gibraltar

-I built a supply depot in Edinburgh the same month

-It wouldn't let me build a supply depot in Stettin.

As far as I understand it, I should have been able to get sea supply from Gibraltar, and possibly Edinburgh (although tracing supply to the Edinburgh depot built in the same turn may not have been legal).

Of course, this was the same month I was lent the Saxony corps (Prussian-controlled) and a Prussian corps by Prussia and it wouldn't let me move the Saxony coprs anywhere other than Saxony and/or French controlled territory (even though Prussia had given me access) whereas the Prussian corps was able to go anywhere, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
bresh

RE: Supply bug

Post by bresh »

ORIGINAL: KenClark

I had a problem last turn building supply depots in friendly territory. This is what happened:

-I am GB.

-I sent two heavy fleets into Stettin (Prussian port) one turn previously.

-Prussia gave me access

-I had a supply depot pre-existing in Gibraltar

-I built a supply depot in Edinburgh the same month

-It wouldn't let me build a supply depot in Stettin.

As far as I understand it, I should have been able to get sea supply from Gibraltar, and possibly Edinburgh (although tracing supply to the Edinburgh depot built in the same turn may not have been legal).

Of course, this was the same month I was lent the Saxony corps (Prussian-controlled) and a Prussian corps by Prussia and it wouldn't let me move the Saxony coprs anywhere other than Saxony and/or French controlled territory (even though Prussia had given me access) whereas the Prussian corps was able to go anywhere, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

You can only place depots in your own controlled cities, or in supply lines in areas where you have own corps(those of your MP or minor free state), atleast my test show you cant use lend corps to place supply lines.

Regards
Bresh
Marshall Ellis

Post by Marshall Ellis »

KenClark:

Was there a corps in Stettin?

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

KenClark