More Chaos

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Pascal_slith

More Chaos

Post by Pascal_slith »

I may be repeating myself, but here's a suggestion I've had in the past.

The outcome of campaigns etc in the Atlantic, Mediterranean, European and western USSR theater definitely had an influence on the availability of men and materials in the Pacific theater. Currently this is only simulated by required withdrawls of Royal Navy ships and by the variable arrival dates choices.

Why not extend withdrawls to Soviet and US units? Had the German campaigns in the USSR gone better for them, the Soviet units in Siberia would have certainly been used to some extent. Had the Germans had more success in the Atlantic, more DDs, DEs, CVEs, tankers and cargo ships would have been kept there and maybe even taken from the Pacific.

The easiest would be to increase the variable arrival dates choices to include +/- 120 days and even +/- 240 days or more if that is possible (I gather these are hard coded somewher in the software, unfortunately). This solution, though, does not take care of withdrawls.
So much WitP and so little time to play.... :-(

bradfordkay

RE: More Chaos

Post by bradfordkay »

You might want to read all the "official" AE threads from the beginning. In doing so you will find that unit withdrawal is completely revamped.
fair winds,
Brad
TheTomDude

Post by TheTomDude »

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

You might want to read all the "official" AE threads from the beginning. In doing so you will find that unit withdrawal is completely revamped.

Hm I thought its still there but with a fixed withdrawl date for every single ship ?!
Gem35

Post by Gem35 »

ORIGINAL: Pascal

I may be repeating myself, but here's a suggestion I've had in the past.

The outcome of campaigns etc in the Atlantic, Mediterranean, European and western USSR theater definitely had an influence on the availability of men and materials in the Pacific theater. Currently this is only simulated by required withdrawls of Royal Navy ships and by the variable arrival dates choices.

Why not extend withdrawls to Soviet and US units? Had the German campaigns in the USSR gone better for them, the Soviet units in Siberia would have certainly been used to some extent. Had the Germans had more success in the Atlantic, more DDs, DEs, CVEs, tankers and cargo ships would have been kept there and maybe even taken from the Pacific.

The easiest would be to increase the variable arrival dates choices to include +/- 120 days and even +/- 240 days or more if that is possible (I gather these are hard coded somewher in the software, unfortunately). This solution, though, does not take care of withdrawls.
T responded to this question in the Naval Thread.
fb.asp?m=1637602
It doesn't make any sense, Admiral. Were we better than the Japanese or just luckier?

[center]Image[/center]
[center]Banner By Feurer Krieg[/center]
Pascal_slith

Post by Pascal_slith »

Thanks for the thread reference. It's a start. I would like this for LCU's and air units too, though.

Or again as an alternative to all this a larger range for the variable availability settings...
So much WitP and so little time to play.... :-(

Gem35

Post by Gem35 »

I believe some of the LCUs have a "disband" date set for them in the new expansion.
It doesn't make any sense, Admiral. Were we better than the Japanese or just luckier?

[center]Image[/center]
[center]Banner By Feurer Krieg[/center]

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”