AT Campaign - People's Democratic War

Discuss and post your mods and scenarios here for others to download.

Moderator: Vic

tweber

AT Campaign - People's Democratic War

Post by tweber »

I just posted a 12 scenario fictional campaign featuring a variety of tactical situations. PP are the currency of the conflict and careful allocation of pp across the scenarios is the key to winning. Be careful not to overinvest in order to win a battle but lose the war. This campaign can be played as a 2 player game or vs the AI+.

Here is the scenario description:

The People’s Democratic War – An Advanced Tactics Campaign

This is a fictional 2 person (or person vs AI) campaign. Play either the People’s Democratic Front or the Democratic People’s Front in a series of battles on land and sea.

Scenarios: There are 12 scenarios – 9 are balanced and 3 are unbalanced. If the ‘Matched Play?’ variant is selected, the 3 unbalanced scenarios will be play at the end of the game with the sides switched. The PDF goes first for the first scenario. In subsequent scenarios, the player who lost the previous scenario goes first. In the case of a draw, the order remains the same.

Score: Each scenario has scoring rules. The winner of the scenario can get up to 10 points (unlimited points if the ‘No Mercy?’ variant is played). The loser of the scenario gets no points. Points for the campaign are cumulative (e.g., so you can get 120 points if you overwhelm you opponent during every scenario).

Scenario length: A scenario lasts for 12 turns. Players can double the number of turns with the ‘Double Scenario Turns’ variant. A player may also concede the scenario by playing ‘Concede Scenario’ action card. This card shifts the score for the scenario by 3 in your opponents favor. Note that players cannot concede scenarios if the ‘No Concessions’ variant is played.

AI: A player may select the AI. After the first scenario, all subsequent scenarios will be played at the AI+ level. The AI will always concede a scenario when it is down by 7 vp in the scenario. Also, if a player plays a unit action card (e.g., buy infantry), then the same unit is also delivered to the AI.

Action cards: Standard action cards available for every scenario include unit purchase cards (buy infantry, tanks, artillery, planes, or boats), sabotage and investment cards. A player may play the sabotage once per scenario and it inflicts a 50% readiness penalty on the opponent. The investment card may only be played in the first round of the scenario, the investment (in pp) is returned with interest during the first round of the subsequent scenario.

Political points: PP are carried from scenario to scenario. PP can only be produced in scenarios that are balanced. Players may play the ‘Cheap PP’ variant. This variant reduces the cost of PP and increases the cost of action cards by a factor of 10 (net impact is to make R&D cheap).
tweber

RE: AT Campaign - People's Democratic War

Post by tweber »

First Scenario - First Blood

Both sides start at the other end of a ridge bisected by 2 roads and a river.

Attachments
firstblood.jpg
firstblood.jpg (110.35 KiB) Viewed 70 times
tweber

Post by tweber »

Second Scenario - 3 Bridges

Similar to first scenario but now the river bisects the map. Terrain favors mechanization.

Attachments
3bridges.jpg
3bridges.jpg (78.31 KiB) Viewed 70 times
tweber

Post by tweber »

Third Scenario - Neighoring Tribes

There are neutral AI regimes in the center of the map. You can get them to declare war on your oppenent or even annex them. Influencing neutrals is expensive so you may also bypass them.

Attachments
neighboring tribes.jpg
neighboring tribes.jpg (83.02 KiB) Viewed 70 times
tweber

Post by tweber »

Fourth Scenario - Quality vs Quantity

One side is at R&D level 4, the other has 4x the forces and production but at R&D level 1. R&D research is off for this scenario. The terrain is open with a center obstacle. See if quality is better than quantity.

Attachments
qualityvsquantity.jpg
qualityvsquantity.jpg (72.58 KiB) Viewed 70 times
tweber

Post by tweber »

Fifth Scenario - Sub Warfare

There is a stalemate in a large central island that must be supported overseas. Both sides have U-boats and fleets. Keep you supply open while cutting your opponent's supply. Note that engineers and transporters are disabled for this scenario.

Attachments
subwarfare.jpg
subwarfare.jpg (53.99 KiB) Viewed 70 times
tweber

Post by tweber »

Sixth Scenario - Island Hopping

Both sides have 2 carrier fleets with marine units. Grab and hold more islands. A third fleet is available for purchase (but is expensive).

Attachments
island hopping.jpg
island hopping.jpg (29.65 KiB) Viewed 70 times
tweber

Post by tweber »

Seventh Scenario - 2 Peninsulas

Fight your opponent at land and sea across 2 peninsulas on either side of a narrow straight. A fleet is available for purchase.

Attachments
2peninsulas.jpg
2peninsulas.jpg (60.6 KiB) Viewed 70 times
tweber

Post by tweber »

Eight Scenario - Invasion

The invading force has 3x the forces and 3x the forces the of defenders but starts 5 points in the hole. The defender may not concede this scenario.

Attachments
invasion.jpg
invasion.jpg (36 KiB) Viewed 70 times
tweber

Post by tweber »

Ninth Scenario - Bushwhacking

Find and hold the supply dumps in this very tough terrain. Terrain and location of central supplies are randomly generated and the map is shrouded.

Attachments
bushwhacking.jpg
bushwhacking.jpg (23.38 KiB) Viewed 70 times
tweber

Post by tweber »

Tenth Scenario - Common Enemy

A enemy AI+ regime starts in the center of the map with twice your combined force and production (not including AI bonus). Work together to hold out and even beat the AI. However, you are still at war so do not left your opponent get an advantage.

Attachments
commonenemy.jpg
commonenemy.jpg (86.35 KiB) Viewed 70 times
tweber

Post by tweber »

Eleventh Scenario - Land Grab

You start out with limited supply and your town will not produce any more. The terrain is gentle and there are 4 hidden supply dumps. Fix your supply situation and grab as much territory as possible. You are scored based on the number of hexes you control over your opponent. Terrain and supply locations are randomly generated and the map is shrouded.

Attachments
landgrab.jpg
landgrab.jpg (21.02 KiB) Viewed 70 times
tweber

Post by tweber »

Twelfth Scenario - Siege

One side starts with 2x the forces and 2x the production but 5 points in the hole. Move out and capture the enemy city (or hold out).

Attachments
seige.jpg
seige.jpg (85.05 KiB) Viewed 70 times
tweber

Post by tweber »

Scenarios 13-15 repeat scenarios 4,8 & 12 if the 'matched play' variant is chosen.  However, the sides are switched.  The scenario should unpack correctly but all scenarios should be in the campaign folder of the scenarios directory.

From a design standpoint, making scenarios is not 2 difficult.  2 pointers:

- You load a new scenario with an event (use the execload comman).  I use execload"campaign/scenarioname.pt2". 
- The game variables 400-499 are passed with the execload event.  I use these to track score, pp, and who won the last round from event to event.
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

Thanks Tweber!

I've seen the capabilility in the editor to do campaigns and was wondering if anyone was going to give it a try.

Thanks for doing this! I"ll have to give this a look.

Rick
alaric318

Post by alaric318 »

Tweber... dear Rick... it is not only one campaign, it is a 12(!!!) long scenarios campaign, for me, only the work to make it available deserves a 10 in score as a "Scenario", will play it for sure, modular campaigns allways have been my own favorites, thanks for make it available, Tweber, this is for themself as another game [:)]
it indeed looks very promising and take the game to another game, indeed,

thanks very much for make it available and the time invested on this hard work,
, heck, if i not say that i will failed to truth,

with best regards,

murat30/alarick.
There is no plan of battle that survives the contact with the enemy.
Delyn Locksmiths

Post by Delyn Locksmiths »

Do you need the latest WaW installed? Seems to ve looking for some graphics files. I clicked continue so I'll let you know if its critical.
tweber

Post by tweber »

I used the WAW units and graphics so you should grab that (version 33).
SSFSX17

Post by SSFSX17 »

The Quantity vs. Quality scenario is horribly unbalanced in favor of the Quantity faction. I would suggest setting the Quality faction to only have half the production of the Quantity faction, and the Quantity faction should need to hold more victory points in order to score.
"People are easily amused by quotes." - Some guy with a cool-sounding name
SSFSX17

Post by SSFSX17 »

The research seems to be bugged - both the standard research and the tweber-style research systems are there at the same time.

Now that I've finished the campaign, I'd have to say that it's mostly brilliantly designed. Unfortunately for the AI, giving it all the action cards that you use is not enough to help it overcome its stupidity.
"People are easily amused by quotes." - Some guy with a cool-sounding name

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”