JTCS ACTIVTY

John Tiller's Campaign Series exemplifies tactical war-gaming at its finest by bringing you the entire collection of TalonSoft's award-winning campaign series. Containing TalonSoft's West Front, East Front, and Rising Sun platoon-level combat series, as well as all of the official add-ons and expansion packs, the Matrix Edition allows players to dictate the events of World War II from the tumultuous beginning to its climatic conclusion. We are working together with original programmer John Tiller to bring you this updated edition.

Moderators: Jason Petho, Peter Fisla, asiaticus, dogovich

R.E.LEE

JTCS ACTIVTY

Post by R.E.LEE »

Hi i just noticed AAR are very old no recent stuff,im hoping theres alot of people that bought this game and are playing it? as my copy is a few days away,plz someone tell me they sold well,and many are just waiting for a patch thats supposed to be on the way,it would be great to see an ARR that finnishes and is recent,anyway-oh ya also any old CS veterans out there plz tell me which large senerio to play when i get the game,that the AI is the best challange in.I know all AI suck but there must be a few tough senerios thanks alot.
R.E.LEE

RE: JTCS ACTIVTY

Post by R.E.LEE »

One more thing roughly whats the most units in a single senerio for one side?like do some have 3 or 4 hundred.god i hope so.[:D]
countblue

Post by countblue »

Just sort the scenarios after complexity and youll get the highest level ones at the end of the list.
These are the scenarios with the most units.

Countblue
berto

Post by berto »

Although I have other gaming priorities so I am not actively playing JTCS now, I did buy the Matrix re-release, and I have plans to purchase (and eventually play again) versions of this game far into the future. In terms of sheer turn-to-turn enjoyment, this game system is more fun for me than probably any other out there.
Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... hp?f=10167
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

This game really shines when playing against other humans, either online or via PBEM.

You can find opponents and current After Action Reports at The Blitzkrieg Wargame club

http://www.theblitz.org

Take care and good luck
Jason Petho
R.E.LEE

Post by R.E.LEE »

Thanks guys,i did check out the blitz,but theres so many damn versions and mods that it looked real confusing to find a game.also i didnt see a listing there for MCS.I guees i was hoping someone new of some challanging AI senerios.
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

The listings at the Blitz have been reorganized, the listings encompass all scenarios, for all games. You can find them newly listed under a title similiar to this in the scenario database section:

CS: The Matrix Games version of West Front Scenarios

etc.

Play the Operation Sealion Linked Campaign if you want a challenge as a new player. It is against the AI.

Jason Petho
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

ORIGINAL: R.E.LEE
plz someone tell me they sold well,and many are just waiting for a patch thats supposed to be on the way

We've been happy with the sales, a lot of folks own it and are playing it and a lot of people are also waiting for the v1.03 update. Jason and his team have done a great job with it.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
R.E.LEE

Post by R.E.LEE »

Thanks Jason do i play as allies or the wonderful glorious germany war machine,for the best challange,i would assume the allies?
ORIGINAL: Jason Petho

The listings at the Blitz have been reorganized, the listings encompass all scenarios, for all games. You can find them newly listed under a title similiar to this in the scenario database section:

etc.

Play the Operation Sealion Linked Campaign if you want a challenge as a new player. It is against the AI.

Jason Petho
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

You play with a core German parachute unit throughout the campaign.

Jason Petho
TAIL GUNNER

Post by TAIL GUNNER »

ORIGINAL: R.E.LEE

One more thing roughly whats the most units in a single senerio for one side?like do some have 3 or 4 hundred.god i hope so.[:D]
There's a complete 1250 turn Overlord scenario at platoon scale. I'm in the process of updating the German OOB.
Let's see, there's also a complete Market Garden scenario....a Stalingrad scenario.
6th Panzer Armee in Ardennes....many more I'm sure I'm forgetting.

There's plenty here to keep you busy the next 20 years or so...[8D]
"If you want peace, prepare for war."
R.E.LEE

Post by R.E.LEE »

Thats awesome,are they in the game i bought or is overlord a mod,man i cant wait,i guess in overlord i should play german?im not sorrry i ordered this game.Stalingrad must be awesome especialy when 6th army is surronded,i hope air supply can be good,goring should be replaced,can i replace gorring or are you stuck with leaders.It is soooooooooo hard waiting for games to arrive,some day ill get a credit card.
R.E.LEE

Post by R.E.LEE »

Thanks i found em all Jason.but also found matrix divided ground mods,however i understood MDG didnt come with MCS?
ORIGINAL: Jason Petho

etc.

Jason Petho
Warhorse

Post by Warhorse »

The mods for Divided Ground, like my Korean mod and the Vietnam one are for the original Talonsoft version, which you will need the disk for, unfortunately. You can find them on ebay pretty easily though.

Mike
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

Return to “John Tiller's Campaign Series”