Dual Monitor

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.
Vincenzo_Beretta

Dual Monitor

Post by Vincenzo_Beretta »

Today I was finally able to set up a dual-monitor configuration on my system. But, while Photoshop and the usual stuff benefitting from this configuration (with tools on the secondary monitor and the image I'm working on on the main one) works (not to mention about the ability - at least! - to have a game and his PDF manual open on different monitors at the same time, thus ditching the feared alt-tab!) I'm not able to use the increased real estate for Harpoon Classic Commander edition. Is dual monitor supported (out of the box or with some tricks) or HCCE is programmed for single- monitor only?
CV32

RE: Dual Monitor

Post by CV32 »

I haven't attempted it, but Tony tells me dual monitor support is readily achievable with HCE. He also says going back to a single monitor is a bit more of a nuisance. Ask him on IRC, Vince, or raise it on HarpGamer if he doesn't reply here himself.
Brad Leyte
HC3 development group member for HCE
Author of HCDB official database for HCE
Harpgamer.com Co-Owner
TonyE

RE: Dual Monitor

Post by TonyE »

I don't often use dual monitors for HCE itself but I do verify now and again that it still works.  The game opens up maximized, you just have to unmaximize the main window, then you can size it across multiple monitors.  When I'm really into playing HC I'll do that in busy scenarios where I need a bigger view of the group window.  I would have to agree that the additional monitor for me most often doesn't contain HC as there isn't a ton of benefit for my style of play.

As for going back to a single monitor, the game doesn't take note that there is no longer a 2nd monitor available so if you played with two monitors on day 1, stretching HC across both and then only have one monitor on day 2, any windows originally placed on the 2nd monitor will still want to show there.  That means you need to wipe out the window positions using the handy dandy clear game options utility http://harpgamer.com/harpforum/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=228 then launch the game again (and reposition your windows...).
Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
Harpoon (HC, HCE, HUCE, Classic) programmer
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner

Return to “Tech Support”