Western Front Help!!!

This forum is for official support and troubleshooting FAQs.

Moderator: Jason Petho

Baz

Western Front Help!!!

Post by Baz »

Hi Guys,

Just bought John Tillers Campaign Series and as I work away from home for long periods of time I got my son to play test it - no problems there!

I notice that some of you say that you are playing the original 'Talonsoft Western Front' on Win XP, and in one case even Vista!!!!!

How did you get it to work? I have my WF with me, it installs ok but I cant get it to run past the campaign/game set up screen. I dont have any problems with EF or EFII.

I run on both XP and Vista, so the OS isn't a problem.

Anything that gets it running and cures my withdrawal symptoms will be greatly appreciated [&o]
Sweed

RE: Western Front Help!!!

Post by Sweed »

ORIGINAL: Baz

Hi Guys,

Just bought John Tillers Campaign Series and as I work away from home for long periods of time I got my son to play test it - no problems there!

I notice that some of you say that you are playing the original 'Talonsoft Western Front' on Win XP, and in one case even Vista!!!!!

How did you get it to work? I have my WF with me, it installs ok but I cant get it to run past the campaign/game set up screen. I dont have any problems with EF or EFII.

I run on both XP and Vista, so the OS isn't a problem.

Anything that gets it running and cures my withdrawal symptoms will be greatly appreciated [&o]

I have the old Talon Soft version of both WF and EFII. I haven't had them on my drive since buying my new computer but IRRC with xp I had to go to the properties tab under the WF desktop shortcut and set compatibility to windows 98.

Hope that does it for you. If not I'm afraid I don't have any other ideas for you.

Return to “John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support”