No serial number with digital purchase of H3

Here is the place to get and give support to your fellow gamers. This is NOT an official game support conference but a place for general tech support. All questions are welcomed, basic, advanced, software or hardware.
Piggy

No serial number with digital purchase of H3

Post by Piggy »

I ordered the digital + physical copy version of H3:ANW but the confirmation email did NOT contain a serial number.

I tried retrieving it via this page: http://www.digitalriver.com/dr/sat5/ec_ ... 43&pn=1#q2

But I get an error, despite having cookies enabled, Ive also tried it on 3 different PC's, so its obviously an issue on your end guys. The error is: "Message 99998 - To protect ourselves against fraud, we need to set a cookie on your computer. In order to continue your purchase online, please reset your browser to allow cookies. You can make your purchase and then set cookies off again in your browser. If you already allow cookies, there may be a problem that can be corrected by deleting the cookie file. 20009SC01"

No reply from tech support...

When I ordered H3:CE a few days ago I got my serial number with the confirmation email.

So... what do I do? I dont see anywhere to have my confirmation email resent to me, not that a new one would contain a serial number, but it just might.
Erik Rutins

RE: No serial number with digital purchase of H3

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi Piggy,

Did you try the advice on how to deal with cookie issues:

If you're using Internet Explorer, go to the View menu and select Internet Options. Within the Internet Options window, select the Advanced tab at the top right, scroll down until you see a selection titled "Cookies" and make sure the "Always accept cookies" box is checked.

Also, have you tried going to www.findmyorder.com to see if you can retrieve your order info there?

If that fails, I can look up your order for you if you e-mail me at erikr@matrixgames.com with your personal contact info.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Piggy

Post by Piggy »

I enabled cookies, but with my version of IE I must do this through "tools" - "IE options" - "privacy" - "advanced" which then opens a window that has 3 options for cookies, "first & third party cookies are allowed", as is "always allow session cookies", still doesnt work.

The other link just gives me an order reciept, which I already have in my email, but neither contain a serial number.

Im going to email you a copy of my confirmation email.

Thanks.
Piggy

Post by Piggy »

Did you get my email Erik?

Ive had a response from customer service, which suprise suprise, said in great detail how I have to enable cookies and or delete old ones, which considering I had already told them I did this in my original email is just a tad frustrating!....

So you're my only hope at the moment, just curious if you got my email?

Andrew

Marc von Martial

Post by Marc von Martial »

Please make also sure that your firewall solution is not blocking cookies also.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Sent you a response with your serial number last night, Piggy.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Piggy

Post by Piggy »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Sent you a response with your serial number last night, Piggy.

Got it, thanks for everything Erik!

Cheers.
htmlord

Post by htmlord »

Exact same problem with the cookie error, running Firefox 2.0.0.14, set to accept all cookies.  Cleared all cookies to test that there wasn't a corrupted cookie (20009SC01, perhaps, as noted).  Still no joy.  Tested with firewall disabled, still no luck.  Though my problem was with a purchase of PureSim 2007 and I'm running Mozilla, otherwise we're looking at the exact same problem.  Also, the confirmation email lists the serial as "Not Available" and the findmyorder.com site just gives me an error when I attempt to log in with either set of info (email/cc# or order#/pass).  Digital River having some problems?
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Please e-mail me with your order/contact info and I'll see what I can do. There are no general store problems that I'm aware of, so I assume these are transient glitches.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

Return to “Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers”