On playing older scenarios

Norm Koger's The Operational Art of War III is the next game in the award-winning Operational Art of War game series. TOAW3 is updated and enhanced version of the TOAW: Century of Warfare game series. TOAW3 is a turn based game covering operational warfare from 1850-2015. Game scale is from 2.5km to 50km and half day to full week turns. TOAW3 scenarios have been designed by over 70 designers and included over 130 scenarios. TOAW3 comes complete with a full game editor.

Moderators: ralphtricky, JAMiAM

PaulWRoberts

On playing older scenarios

Post by PaulWRoberts »

Here's quick question:

Is there any real danger that slightly older TOAW scenarios (say, COW generation, not Volume I) will play "wrong" in TOAW III due to engine changes? How much have things changed in scenario design since COW, and is this a real worry?
Silvanski

RE: On playing older scenarios

Post by Silvanski »

What I heard is that transport assets need to be adjusted in some cases.
I believe that the "fixed reconstitution" setting was introduced later, so that is something worth considering to put in place for some scenarios.
Then there's other things like replacement prirority, supply stockpile (in some cases rather low)

I usually compare with more recent scenarios of the same theater/time period to see what can be done to update an oldie
The TOAW Redux Dude

Return to “Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III”