Problem with screen resolution - Fixed

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Hidde

Problem with screen resolution - Fixed

Post by Hidde »

I have posted a question in the TSATG forum but as there is not a lot of activity there I like to post it here as well. The first problem is fixed i think but I have another that affect several games I have installed:

Well, I googled some and it was indeed a problem with Microsoft.NET.
I fixed it..sort of. The game starts now as it should but there's something wrong with the resolution.
It's a bit hard to describe but I can see only about half of what should be there on the screen and the graphics are stretched. It's not possible to scroll. The mouse pointer can go "outside the screen" though and when I click without seeing I can hit a button and exit or load or whatever I happen to click at.
I've checked my installed games from Matrix and TSATG, TSJC, Gates of Troy and Panzer Command-Winter Storm are all this way but Napoleon in Italy is not. Other games show this behavior too but some does not.
When I used a program called Faststone Capture to try and get a picture of the screen it changed it somehow and it looked as i should. When I canceled the screen capture it went back to the wrong display. Go figure.

Anyone having an idea about this? Thanks.

Edit - Was a stupid case of wrong driver. Nvidia told me I had the latest but then I searched a bit myself and downloaded a better one.

Return to “General Discussion”