Spitfires on patrol

Battle of Britain II “Wings of Victory” re-creates the famous and desperate air battles over southern England in 1940 at both the strategic level of the Air Commander and that of the individual plane and pilot. Relive what Churchill called "their finest hour", join the fight in the Battle of Britain!
moni kerr

Spitfires on patrol

Post by moni kerr »

When setting up patrols and intercepts the game selects the nearest Hurricane squadron to do the task. If I want a Spitfire squadron to patrol or intercept I have to first commit all available Hurricane squadrons first before the game selects the nearest Spitfire squadron. Then after I've gotten all the Spitfires I want, I have to then delete the Hurricane missions that I don't want but had to set up first in order to get to the Spitfires.

This is really tedious and time consuming. Is there any way around it? Any way to just have the nearest squadron respond to the request?
Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who kept their swords.--Ben Franklin
Hard Sarge

RE: Spitfires on patrol

Post by Hard Sarge »

you may need to go into more detail on how you are doing this, as it is not what I have been seeing ?

then again, I am normally set up with Paired squadrons, and I get Spits and Canes in the air to patrol and intercept

Ron Belcher

Post by Ron Belcher »

I am doing what Hard Sarge is too. It may be me, in my use of those two together, I see a great advantage and benefit. Again, it may just be me. What about you H_Sarge ?
Artwork graciously provided by Rogueusmc
moni kerr

Post by moni kerr »

I'm using single squadrons. I find paired squadrons take too long to assemble.

For example, I have a Spit squadron (65) based at Lympne. When I click the base and then patrol, rather than having 65 patrol its own base, its the nearest Hurricane squadron which gets assigned. To get 65 up, I have to keep assigning patrols until all the available Hurricane squadrons are used up, then 65 gets selected.

All my squadrons are set at 5 min, as there doesn't seem to be a preference for selection. The only ones that get left out of the selection process are squadrons which are released, refueling or still in the air. A squadron set for 2 min readiness doesn't seem to get priority to scramble, although common sense dictates that it should.
Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who kept their swords.--Ben Franklin
moni kerr

Post by moni kerr »

After rereading Wildman's tutorial I have got the solution. The Task bar. It allows you to switch to the type of plane you want. That plane becomes the new default, and it is a simple matter to switch back and forth as necessary.
Ron Belcher

Post by Ron Belcher »

Ahhh .. the 'ol proverbial task bar at the bottom, eh !? [;)] I was so involved with the pairing up, I overlooked the simplist correction of them all! Must've been blinded... [8D] None the less, way to go! [&o]
Artwork graciously provided by Rogueusmc

Return to “Battle of Britain 2: Wings of Victory”