Somebody for one of the 'Human Only' scenario ? (game running)

Post here to meet players for MP games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess.

Moderator: Vic

Shambling Strider

Somebody for one of the 'Human Only' scenario ? (game running)

Post by Shambling Strider »

Hi,

I'd like to try one of the Human Only scenario who is coming with the game. Did not try any yet.

It should be on a slow pace, because I'm not always having time on weekdays. So, maybe somebody's willing for a one turn by week (or more when it is possible) game ?

Maybe there is some workaholic father with an obsessionnal taste for good games who is sneaking out here ?

Any scenario should be good.

Have fun with this great game who is tasting like these good old board wargames, without all the trouble of the manipulation of all these ?%$/ piles of counters !!!

Thanx Vic !

Attachments
ATWWII.jpg
ATWWII.jpg (1.39 KiB) Viewed 115 times
War is patience.
kirkgregerson

RE: Somebody for one of the 'Human Only' scenario ?

Post by kirkgregerson »

I will play you in WaW v32, seems to be a great global game.  Would like to try allies, if you don't mind.  You can find the scenario at http://www.advancedtactics.org/scenariobank.php.  You need to register to get downloads there.  It's easy to dl and install.  Le me know if you up for a game.

-Kirk
BvB

Post by BvB »

I would do anything you like and you can send turns as slow or fast as you like.  Baron von Beergut
Enlisted during Nixon, retired during Clinton then went postal - joined the USPS, then retired from that during Obama.
kirkgregerson

Post by kirkgregerson »

yes, that sounds good get webers WaWv32 scen if you don't already have. Rising prod, special units? Send me axis turn, I like to try allies if that ok.
Shambling Strider

Well, Thanx for your answer BVB and Kirkgregerson ! Maybe we should try to find 2 other players to play WaWv32 with five players for the five country ?

So, here is the new offer : waiting for 2 more players who are able to play at least one turn by week. Sounds good for you guys ?

By the way, if you two prefer to begin a game now (3 players), I've no problem with this. Assign me a country (or two?) and let's start the game !

I'll be back tomorrow.

Cheers
War is patience.
BvB

Post by BvB »

Up to you sir.  The way that scenario works it starts with two human, the German and The West.  The other 3 dont get involved till after France surrenders. So that could be a while.  Kirk and I just started, so either:  a) if he says ok, then you can join that as either Russia, Japan or China;
b) start a new one and you can be whomever you want; c) start a different scenario all together to be whomever you want.  I will go with the flow or stand aside if you found another opponent. 
On the W@W32 scenaro I am in that with another crew and I got stuck as the China player.  That is such a small position one might consider allowing either The West or the Russia player to run it. 
Any way good luck with whatever you decide.  Salute!  BvB
Enlisted during Nixon, retired during Clinton then went postal - joined the USPS, then retired from that during Obama.
Shambling Strider

Very good BvB. I'm your Russian. Probably the worst you ever seen, but a happy Russian. I'm sending you my email adress.

Thanx for the invitation !
War is patience.
BvB

Post by BvB »

Like I said, as long as it is ok with Kirk.  I think he wanted just two people... so if it is ok with him it is ok with me... BvB
Shambling Strider

Ok. If Kirk prefer only two players, there's no problem !

I wish you a good game !
War is patience.
BvB

Post by BvB »

If you want a seperate game either way, anyside I will give it a try.  Maybe then you can get a 4 or 5 player one. The turn sequence is West, Russia, China, Germany, Japan, and back. So I would suggest Russia also play China if you dont find a 5th.  Initial game is Germany to West back and forth.
The game with Kirk is currently in Jan28 1940 so it will be a while to get anyone else anyway. He can decide if he wants it two player or multi and if multi then I guess he will let you know... BvB
Azghaf

Post by Azghaf »

Hi all,

Willing to join in if there is space, would like to play one of either China or Japan as I'm already loaded up with current game vs Bartheart (WAW 32 Axis).

Shout if you still need a player.

Dave
BvB

Post by BvB »

I think Kirk wanted a faster turn around so we will keep that just him vs me.  Strider wants a no rush game where it would be ok to do a turn a week.  So Azghaf, I would say if either that is ok with you then you can be China or Japan in a game or if we can recruit enough then another game altogether can be started.  Good luck sir... BvB
Shambling Strider

Hi,

Is it possible to start a 3 players game (BvB, Azghaf and me) ? West, Germany/Japan and Russia/China maybe ?

I'm asking because I did not play this scenario yet. I have no problem to be the last player starting (Russia/China I guess).

Give me some news.
War is patience.
BvB

Post by BvB »

Ok so both you and Az favor being Russia/China but no one sounds like they want Germany or The West.
So I went and started a game with me as Germany.  My email is bvbpbem at prodigy dot net.  So if you guys send me your email I can send it on.  Then decide who wants to be west and the other be Russia/China.  Then if anyone else shows up and wants to join they can be Japan.  If you two share a password then if one of you cant continue the other can take over for a while and also see each others turns to see what is going on.  I have no problem with slow turns that Strider mentioned. So as long as that is also fine with Azghaf we have a game... salute and good luck on the battlefield... Baron von Beergut
Shambling Strider

Thanx Baron.

I'm in as West. I'm sending you my email adress (already did, no?). We'll see if Azghaf is still interested when Russia, China and Japan are coming up, and then see who are ready to play. In the worst case, we will play just us two. By the way, I'll check directly with Azghaf. I'm playing the Ardennes with him right now.

Just hope now I will understand how to manage the supply in Atlantic and Mediterranean...

See you on the field Heir Von Beergut.
War is patience.
Ccr

Post by Ccr »

Hi All
If you're still looking for a China/Russia player and can bear to put up with an inexperienced pbem player I will happily play.
Let me know.
Azghaf

Post by Azghaf »

Hi Baron, Strider,

Apologies for not getting back to you sooner, happy to play Russia/China, send me the turn when Paris has fallen.

Cheers

Dave
Shambling Strider

Hi,

The situation is as following : Baron is playing Axies and Azghaf has Russia/China. I give to Ccr the choice between West and Japan and I will take the remaining one. If Ccr choose to play West, I will transfer the file that Baron transmitted to me and inform all of you of the email adress of each players. And then, we'll have a 4 players game.

Thank you all !
War is patience.
Shambling Strider

Hi Baron, Azghaf, Ccr,

We have a game running now !

Axies : BvB
West : Ccr
Russia/China : Azghaf
Japan : Shambling Strider

You will all receive soon an email with the adress of each player.

By the way, I'm really happy to play Japan. [:)]

I'm proposing that this thread become the place to ask for some rules tips to the other players or to keep a footprint of this game. What are you thinking ?

Wish you all a fun and challenging game !

War is patience.
Ccr

Post by Ccr »

Hi all

Turn 1 sent to BvB

Looking forward to the game.

Any top tips on how to get West supply points round the globe efficiently - |building masses of cargo ships seem a rather expensive option! (but perhaps the only one!)

Ccr

Return to “Opponents Wanted”