Game crashes after movie intro

Post bug reports and ask for support here.
Prince of Eckmühl

RE: Game crashes after movie intro

Post by Prince of Eckmühl »

Here's something to try (since you've tried just about everything else).

1) Go Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Microsoft .Net Framework 1.1 Wizards

2) Select FIX AN APPLICATION from the icons that appear in the dialog box.

3) Select PCKHARKOV.EXE from the list of programs that appear in the next box.

4) Select OK

If that doesn't work, you might want to consider returning to the Wizards and try the TRUST AN ASSEMBLY option, PCKHARKOV.EXE.

PoE (aka ivanmoe)
Government is the opiate of the masses.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Old Eagle101,
ORIGINAL: Old Eagle101
I stopped playing PCK I installed 3 more games, "Making History, HoI2_DD, and Steel Panthers_GE"
Now when I try to run PCK I get the same error as HEad does.
Same exact thing only my numbers are (3748) and (3216)

1. Have you tried uninstalling the software you installed later yet, to see if that makes any difference?

2. Could you post a DxDiag file for us please and (most importantly) could you e-mail me your most recent Log file from the /Logs sub-folder in your main installation directory?

I odn't now what is causing that, but we'll keep investigating until we find it and fix it.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Raindog101

Post by Raindog101 »

I also tried to start "Advanced Tactics" it was also corrupted with the same error message. I suspect that somehow MS .net 1.1 and 2.0 became screwed up. I uninstalled both and tried to reinstall 1.1 and I got an error message that it couldn't be installed on system.

So I reformatted HD reinstalled PCK and it again works fine.

(except for the smeary red font)
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

I also tried to start "Advanced Tactics" it was also corrupted with the same error message. I suspect that somehow MS .net 1.1 and 2.0 became screwed up. I uninstalled both and tried to reinstall 1.1 and I got an error message that it couldn't be installed on system.

It sounds like enough people have cj=ommneted on the red font that Erik is going to see what can be done. AT is the other game I've been playing lately, so I hope I avoid whatever problem is plaguing you.

Good luck!
Rick
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Well, I'm glad it's working but I'm hoping that's not the only solution to whatever you ran into. If it happens again, providing us with the other info requested might make it possible for us to figure it out. If indeed .NET was somehow corrupted on the system, then that's definitely something we can't fix within the game, but I'd like to figure out how it happened. Have you tried to reinstall those other games yet that appeared to create the issue in the first place?
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Prince of Eckmühl

Post by Prince of Eckmühl »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

If indeed .NET was somehow corrupted on the system, then that's definitely something we can't fix within the game, but I'd like to figure out how it happened.
Erik, would you advise folks not to uninstall certain Matrix games?

PoE (aka ivanmoe)
Government is the opiate of the masses.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

ORIGINAL: Prince of Eckmühl
Erik, would you advise folks not to uninstall certain Matrix games?

No, uninstalling should do no harm at all.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
hEad

Post by hEad »

ORIGINAL: Mraah

hEad,

Thanks for putting up with me ... one comment ... your screen shot .. mentions Common Language Runtime Debugging Services ...

What's that? You're not having the same trouble as those language folks, eh?

I'm sure considering all possiblities you've ... been-there ... done-that [;)].

Rob

Been there done that, got the tea towel mate!

Its good in a perverse kind of way that someone else had the same problem. I haven't managed to get around installing xp on another hd - back at work and minimal time for anything.
I stopped playing PCK I installed 3 more games, "Making History, HoI2_DD, and Steel Panthers_GE"

Now when I try to run PCK I get the same error as HEad does.

Same exact thing only my numbers are (3748) and (3216)

Sigh.

Uninstalled, reinstalled .....

Same error.

I have/had making history on my system. Got excited when i read this - thought if i uninstalled the program, there may be a solution. Unfortunately not.
Here's something to try (since you've tried just about everything else).

1) Go Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Microsoft .Net Framework 1.1 Wizards

2) Select FIX AN APPLICATION from the icons that appear in the dialog box.

3) Select PCKHARKOV.EXE from the list of programs that appear in the next box.

4) Select OK

If that doesn't work, you might want to consider returning to the Wizards and try the TRUST AN ASSEMBLY option, PCKHARKOV.EXE.

PoE (aka ivanmoe)

tried this with the wizard. It said that there was no error to fix. I haven't tried the assembly option - it seems to suggest serious consequences so i wasn't game. What does it do any way?

I also have .net 2.0 on my system. If this meaningful in the context of there being a problem?

Raindog101

Post by Raindog101 »

HEad,
After I reformatted the HD, I installed Making History. PCK still worked. I just installed HoI2_DD_Arm. PCK still works. So it wasn't those two games that caused the error.

Check out the following forum:

Check out this forum

They are dealing with the same error on another app. (I think)
Raindog101

Post by Raindog101 »

Here's another:

Here's Another

Apparently it is a problem with .net framework 1.1
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

OldEagle, could we get a DxDiag from you please? Working on a theory...
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
Raindog101

Post by Raindog101 »

OldEagle, could we get a DxDiag from you please? Working on a theory...

Sent Email.
hEad

Post by hEad »

HEad,
After I reformatted the HD, I installed Making History. PCK still worked. I just installed HoI2_DD_Arm. PCK still works. So it wasn't those two games that caused the error.

Check out the following forum:

Check out this forum

They are dealing with the same error on another app. (I think)

Thanks mate. I checked it out and attempted to alter the security level of the assembly.dll of .net 1.1 - and alas it made no difference.

A totally unreleted question; I'm trying to install xp on an old hd that i have. I think there is remanents of win98 on it and thus it is formated as FAT32. When i try to get xp to boot off it, it wants win98. For me to format it, is it advisable to do it through right clicking in my computer and selecting format NTFS? (this is not my C: if I have not made this clear) Just trying to get myself a clean install to see if the game works for me.

I can't format my main drive just yet because i need to back up the huge amounts of crap that 'i am sure i will need one day'.

Looking forward to giving your theory a whirl Eric.
CINCINATVS

Post by CINCINATVS »

PCK doesn't run anymore after the movie intro; editscen, editcamp, randoms ones run fine.[/align]Re-install PCK without success[&:] [/align]
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

We've had one report that this may be related to an invalid date field in edited/created scenarios. Please do me a favor and after uninstalling, manually delete the entire Panzer Command Kharkov installation folder and all files before re-installing. Please let me know if that makes any difference.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
Raindog101

Post by Raindog101 »

We've had one report that this may be related to an invalid date field in edited/created scenarios. Please do me a favor and after uninstalling, manually delete the entire Panzer Command Kharkov installation folder and all files before re-installing. Please let me know if that makes any difference.

Could be, but on my system it also corrupted "Advanced Tactics-WW2" with the same error message. Both games rely on .net 1.1 and both were fouled at the same time.
CINCINATVS

Post by CINCINATVS »

It works back, thanks. [:D]
How to identify this invalid date field in one of my created scen ? ( past and try ? )

C
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

ORIGINAL: CINCINATVS
It works back, thanks. [:D]
How to identify this invalid date field in one of my created scen ? ( past and try ? )

Excellent. Until we improve the handling of "bad" dates, stick to the US date format:

MM/DD/YYYY

Load up each scenario in the editor and check the date field.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Ok, could those still experiencing this issue please give this a quick test for me? In the case that .NET and/or Managed DirectX is corrupted on your system, it should affect other applications that also use these components. An easy one to test with is NASA's WorldWind.

Download the .NET version, install it and see if it works for you That should give us some idea if we're dealing with system corruption or not.

http://worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/download.html
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
433tom

Post by 433tom »

I've got the same exact error going on with PCOWS. The thread is under PCOWS Tech Support. They are trying to help me too.

Return to “Tech Support”