Scenario editor Problem

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.
chesmart

Scenario editor Problem

Post by chesmart »

I have been creating a monster scenario and i am having problems loading the scenario with the se editor i am getting a memory allocation failure. the game loads the scenario but the se editor is not loading it. I have been working for over 3 weeks on this scenario so can u please find me a solution.
Terminus

RE: Scenario editor Problem

Post by Terminus »

That's a little light on information to "find you a solution", but I'd recommend cold-starting your computer and then trying to load it as the first thing at all. I've experienced failure to start the scenario editor at all with a memory allocation failure.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
chesmart

Post by chesmart »

Tried cold starting my laptop and still got "memory allocation failure" . Is there some kind of limit in the scenario editor ? the game i was editing was big. Usa vs Rest of the world plus some fictional ships. Btw got 4gb ram on windows vista ultimate 32bit and intel core duo 2 2ghz.
TonyE

Post by TonyE »

Che, if you aren't patched up to 2008.024, please do so, it has a fix (admittedly not well tested) for large scenario files opening in the SE.

If you are already at 2008.024, please zip the scenario and send to HC3@harpgamer.com so that we can take a look at it.  If it requires a custom database, please include that in the zip file as well).

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
Harpoon (HC, HCE, HUCE, Classic) programmer
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner
TonyE

Post by TonyE »

Thank you for getting the files over, I've isolated the problem and called in reinforcements, I'm hoping BretM can lend a hand on this one.  It is indeed another scenario is too big problem but the scenario file you provided doesn't look to be corrupt, the SE seems to just be reading it wrong due to an overflow early in the scenario loading process.

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner
chesmart

Post by chesmart »

Thanks i am working with the backup now and will try to finalize the scenario. Thanks for the quick support.
chesmart

Post by chesmart »

Just to inform u tony that i finished the scenario as planned and it works. The solution was not to save to the SE until finished.This is the first version of harpoon that lets me make such a massive scenario. Thanks to all the people who are involved !
TonyE

Post by TonyE »

Fantastic, Bret hasn't delivered the magic fix yet but I'm sure he'll get to it.  Will we get to play that monster?

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner
TonyE

Post by TonyE »

che200, any chance you can share the finished product that worked (the smaller one to fit within the 64kB limit?

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner

Return to “Tech Support”