New IE6 suppport

The highly anticipated second release in the Panzer Command series, featuring an updated engine and many major feature improvements. 3D Tactical turn-based WWII combat on the Eastern Front, with historical scenarios and campaigns as well as support for random generated battles and campaigns from 1941-1944.
Stridor

New IE6 suppport

Post by Stridor »

For those of you wanting IE6 support I have now uploaded to Erik new IE6 support builds for the Random Campaign Generator, Random Battle Generator and HQ Helper.

These all work 100% without any issues at all.

The scenario and campaign editors are also fully functional under IE6, but have a few more graphical glitches to clean up which I will continue to work on. I wanted to focus on the random generator stuff because at this stage they are the most used addons.

All these will up available with the first update, but if you pm Erik he will send you out a copy today.

Cheers

S.
jomni

RE: New IE6 suppport

Post by jomni »

great work
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: Stridor

For those of you wanting IE6 support I have now uploaded to Erik new IE6 support builds for the Random Campaign Generator, Random Battle Generator and HQ Helper.

The scenario and campaign editors are also fully functional under IE6, but have a few more graphical glitches to clean up which I will continue to work on. I wanted to focus on the random generator stuff because at this stage they are the most used addons.

All these will up available with the first update, but if you pm Erik he will send you out a copy today.

Cheers

S.

Stridor, thanks again for the fast response on this - you and Eric went above and beyond as far as I'm concerned (and I'm one of those IE6 holdouts!).

Rick
Prince of Eckmühl

Post by Prince of Eckmühl »

ORIGINAL: Rick

ORIGINAL: Stridor

Cheers

S.

Stridor, thanks again for the fast response on this - you and Eric went above and beyond as far as I'm concerned (and I'm one of those IE6 holdouts!).

Rick

I think that it's great that Stridor went to the trouble to mod his proggy for IE6, but I'd be remiss if I didn't say a few words in defense of IE7.

Like many of you, I long ago learned that being an early-adopter of Microsoft(TM) apps could bite me. I'm generally very patient in this regard, and wait for Redmond to get the kinks out, as it were.

However, the fact of the matter is, and ANYONE feel welcome to correct me about this, IE7 has been out for something on the order of eighteen months. I use it at work, and, episodically, with both installations of Windows on this computer (WinXP and Vista Home Premium).

In my professional opinion, it's more secure than IE6, and therefore ought to be embraced as a stable and mature piece of software.

My message in this regard? You have nothing to fear from IE7, but fear itself.

PoE (aka ivanmoe)
Government is the opiate of the masses.
marcusm

Post by marcusm »

I can't even imagine why anyone would defend or stick to IE6. It's the worst
browser in existence. IE7 may have some bugs but at least it tries to stick to the standards.

The sooner IE6 dissappears as a browser the better. I use Firefox myself but I have most browsers
because I need to test for compatibility. IE6 is by far the most hated browser by web developers(ok, maybe
the predecessors sucked even more).
Deus Vult.
Trigger Happy

Post by Trigger Happy »

Isn't there supposed to be a XP SP3 to correct the bugs which appeared with IE7 and WMP11 soon?
Marc von Martial

Post by Marc von Martial »

ORIGINAL: marcusm
The sooner IE6 dissappears as a browser the better.

I pray for it every day [:D]
Stridor

IE8 Support!

Post by Stridor »

Hopefully in the next few days after some testing we can release a fully 100% no glitches IE6 compliant build of all the add-ons which I am just putting the finishing touches on right now.

Interestingly enough I see that IE8 is now in beta. I don't know how far off it is. I wonder if there is anyone out there with IE8 beta and PCK installed, if they can tell me how the addons work with IE8?

Thanks

S.

Return to “Panzer Command: Kharkov”