Couple of Wishes

Anything that comes to mind that you would like to see in future versions of Maximum-Football.

Moderator: David Winter

zaphod

Couple of Wishes

Post by zaphod »

Small things, but would make things better, IMHO.

1. The ability to look at a player and see how many seasons he has played. This way we might be able to plan on who to draft. IE, I might have a good quarterback and I would want to draft a qb a couple of seasons before my current qb retires. I don't want to get too surprised.

2. Placing the teams season record on the boxscore.

3. The ability to replay a game. IE, if I simulate a game, I might like to actually watch the game later.

4. The ability, or a utility that would allow one to easily transfer the league to another PC. This is my most wanted feature as i travel quite a bit and would like to be able to run MF with my current league on my laptop when I am travelling. Currently, I have no idea how to do that.

5. In the stats area, it would be nice to see average yardage for punts in addition to total yardage.

6. The ability to trade players.

7. Automatic creation of play profiles. Possibly by looking at what plays I call during games. This would be a good way to start with the ability to edit profile as one sees fit. Make it an option that can be toggled.

8. In the results page, it would be nice to see what the records are within the same division as well as overall record.

9. Related to 8 above, scheduling of division opponents to 2 games per year, and others as 1 per year.

Just a couple of wishes.

John
Bobolini

RE: Couple of Wishes

Post by Bobolini »

Some good ideas here that I would welcome but I think #3 is impossible right now since I'm pretty sure the simulated game runs on a different engine as opposed to the "play" game. I think for #4 all you have to do is load the game on your laptop and then copy your league file to disk or another transfer methodology to your laptop and place it into the appropriate MF directory.

Marauders

Post by Marauders »

1. The ability to look at a player and see how many seasons he has played. This way we might be able to plan on who to draft. IE, I might have a good quarterback and I would want to draft a qb a couple of seasons before my current qb retires. I don't want to get too surprised.

You can do this by browsing the players file in the league database.  JDhalfrack's editor provides this information as well.

It would be nice to have it on the player page in future versions of the game.

2. Placing the teams season record on the boxscore.

That would be nice as well. 
3. The ability to replay a game. IE, if I simulate a game, I might like to actually watch the game later.

The sim game uses a sim engine, whereas the live 3D game uses a physics engine.  A sim game cannot be replayed later.

4. The ability, or a utility that would allow one to easily transfer the league to another PC. This is my most wanted feature as i travel quite a bit and would like to be able to run MF with my current league on my laptop when I am travelling. Currently, I have no idea how to do that.

All you need to do is transfer the league files and playbooks to your laptop and back again.  The use of a USB microdrive works well for this.

5. In the stats area, it would be nice to see average yardage for punts in addition to total yardage.

In the game stats area shown on the quarters?

One can use the "catch and release" method, but direct trades would be welcome, as would a trade AI for computer teams.  These are areas being looked at for Maximum Football 3.0.

7. Automatic creation of play profiles. Possibly by looking at what plays I call during games. This would be a good way to start with the ability to edit profile as one sees fit. Make it an option that can be toggled.

While I can understand why one would want to do that, it just wouldn't be good enough to create the kind of gameplan that is needed for a team if the CPU AI under control of the team.  I don't believe it is a practical solution.

8. In the results page, it would be nice to see what the records are within the same division as well as overall record.

I agree.  I would like to see both division and conference records if there are conferences.
9. Related to 8 above, scheduling of division opponents to 2 games per year, and others as 1 per year.

I agree that this would be a good idea.  I have given quite a bit a schedule information to both David and JD, so perhaps we'll be able to see a better schedule creation tool in the future.

In the short term, it would be nice if the schedule tool had an option to seed divisions first and then randomized the other games with non-division opponents.
Just a couple of wishes.

Well, it was slightly more than that. [:)]

- Marauders
zaphod

Post by zaphod »

I figured #3 would not be doable, just thrown in as something that would be nice.

As to #5, I am thinking it would be nice to show average yardage for punts anywhere they show total yardage for punts.  Not only in the in-game stat pages, but also in the season stat page.

As to #4, I have tried to figure out what files I need.  If all files were in a seperate sub-directory for each league, it would be an easy call.  I guess I can just copy the whole folder if I have to.  I'm not sure exactly what files I need to do any less than that at the moment.  So far, I am only using profiles and playbooks that come with the game, though that will change as I get farther into it.

And I can't resist adding another wish. When simming there is a choice of selected game, Weeks game, or All games. I would like to see a choice to pick x number of weeks to sim; so I can sim the first 3 weeks or so.

And finally, I started the post with the intention of only 3 wishes, but then I just couldn't stop! ;-)

John
Marauders

Post by Marauders »

As to #5, I am thinking it would be nice to show average yardage for punts anywhere they show total yardage for punts. Not only in the in-game stat pages, but also in the season stat page.

I agree.

Kicking yardage breakdowns for field goal kickers would be nice as well.
As to #4, I have tried to figure out what files I need. If all files were in a seperate sub-directory for each league, it would be an easy call. I guess I can just copy the whole folder if I have to. I'm not sure exactly what files I need to do any less than that at the moment. So far, I am only using profiles and playbooks that come with the game, though that will change as I get farther into it.

The league database file, the league sim file, the league folder, and the playbooks are what need to be transfered. If the playbooks are already there, then those won't need to be moved over.
And finally, I started the post with the intention of only 3 wishes, but then I just couldn't stop! ;-)

A couple is two. It is not three, and it is not nine or ten. You may not be grasping the gameplan.

John, the coach wants to see you in his office, and bring your playbook. [;)]
jdhalfrack

Post by jdhalfrack »

I agree that this would be a good idea. I have given quite a bit a schedule information to both David and JD, so perhaps we'll be able to see a better schedule creation tool in the future.

After I "finish" the current version of my editor, my hope is that it will include the option to edit schedules \ generate schedules easily. If not in this version, then in an upcoming version soon after that.

As far as trading goes, in yet an even later release I hope to add a lot to do with salaries, trading, and drafting. I will probably make a seperate utility for that (like a Max FB Front Office utility). It would be run after each week to generate trades and trade offers. Then, it could be run right after the draft or something to release all rookies and then "re-simulate" the draft but with trading of draft picks and players.

But, that is a very long time away. But, summer is coming up, so I will have a lot of free time (maybe).

JD
[center]Image

Latest Max FB Databse Editor: Max FB Database Editor (v 1.7.0)[/center]
zaphod

Post by zaphod »

Thanks! 

Did the coach lose his playbook again?  Tsk, tsk.  [;)]
zaphod

Post by zaphod »

JD, your utility looks good so far; however, I can only run it on my laptop at the moment as I run Vista 64 on my main PC and it will not run.  But, that is another topic.  (IF I can get it running, then I am sure I will get another program running correctly that gets the same exact error, basically, tabctl32.ocx not registered.)  I'll add this in the other forum about this.

redwolf1

Post by redwolf1 »

ORIGINAL: jdhalfrack

After I "finish" the current version of my editor, my hope is that it will include the option to edit schedules \ generate schedules easily. If not in this version, then in an upcoming version soon after that.

As far as trading goes, in yet an even later release I hope to add a lot to do with salaries, trading, and drafting. I will probably make a seperate utility for that (like a Max FB Front Office utility). It would be run after each week to generate trades and trade offers. Then, it could be run right after the draft or something to release all rookies and then "re-simulate" the draft but with trading of draft picks and players.

But, that is a very long time away. But, summer is coming up, so I will have a lot of free time (maybe).

JD

Wow, wow, wow - I was hoping for the first, but not at all expecting the second!!! [&o]
Very ambitious, JD - I wish you all the luck and a ton of success!
Yes, summers are wonderful indeed, if you are a teacher! Mine will be even better this year as I am going to be a father for the second time. [8D]

jdhalfrack

Post by jdhalfrack »

ORIGINAL: redwolf1
Wow, wow, wow - I was hoping for the first, but not at all expecting the second!!! [&o]
Very ambitious, JD - I wish you all the luck and a ton of success!
Yes, summers are wonderful indeed, if you are a teacher! Mine will be even better this year as I am going to be a father for the second time. [8D]

Everything I do, I do it to please you Wolfy! You know that! [;)]

Congrats on the second child btw! My wife and I can't wait to finally have a kid. We're planning for next summer. But of course, planning to hace a kid, and actually having one are two MAJORLY different things... [:)]

JD
[center]Image

redwolf1

Post by redwolf1 »

Everything I do, I do it to please you Wolfy! You know that! [;)]

Okay, cue the music: here

garysorrell

Post by garysorrell »

Hey JD....just make sure you finish the editor before you have that first kid. Once the little one arrives on the scene, you immediately lose all spare time. Not that im being selfish or anything.

Seriously though, congrats to papa wolf1. I have 3 boys..18yo/10yo/3yo.....18yo is a fantastic artist, 10yo is learning drums and guitar(sigh...love to have a soundproof room somewhere)and the 3yo likes Star Trek(God bless him)

I just recently started getting more of my 'Hobby' time back from the 3yo. It's worth it though.
jdhalfrack

Post by jdhalfrack »

...the 3yo likes Star Trek(God bless him)
Hilarious. My kids better LOVE Star Trek, but I'm sure my wife won't let them like it (she hates the show). Sigh... [:)]

JD
[center]Image

GlennN

Post by GlennN »

...the 3yo likes Star Trek(God bless him)
Hilarious. My kids better LOVE Star Trek, but I'm sure my wife won't let them like it (she hates the show). Sigh... [:)]

JD

Hah, I wish. I have a 7 year old daughter - unless Hannah Montana is made captain of the Enterprise, she isn't watching Star Trek.

JD, wow - I am amazed at your plan. That would be absolutely incredible!! It's already hard enough to pry myself away from MaxFB - if you do a front office utility I may not come out of my office until my little one is off to college!

Congrats Redwolf!

Return to “Suggestions / Wishlist”