Mega Campaigns

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

OG_Gleep

Mega Campaigns

Post by OG_Gleep »

Search is turning up bunk, but I am sure this has asked before....can anyone give me a breakdown of the mega campaigns? I have always wanted to pick them up, just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Can anyone tell me how better it is than the stock campaigns?
Alby

RE: Mega Campaigns

Post by Alby »

ORIGINAL: OG_Gleep

Search is turning up bunk, but I am sure this has asked before....can anyone give me a breakdown of the mega campaigns? I have always wanted to pick them up, just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Can anyone tell me how better it is than the stock campaigns?
1. Desert Fox-You are Germans/Italians battling the british in North Africa
2. Lost Victories- You are Germans, specifically 'army group south' invading Russia in 1941
3. Watchtower- The USA vs Japanese on Guadalcanal 1942
4. Screaming Eagles - US Airborne troops invading France and beyond in 1944

Mega campaigns are much longer, and can branch off into different directions depending on the outcome of your previous battle. You do not 'purchase' your forces like you would in a standar camapign either. they are alrerady pre arranged and deployed.
there is much more like tactical maps, breifings, etc etc...

Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

ORIGINAL: Alby

Isn't tactical map that one where scenarios are played out (hex map)?
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
Alby

Post by Alby »

ORIGINAL: Matti Kuokkanen

Isn't tactical map that one where scenarios are played out (hex map)?
It shows you actual maps IIRC

Goblin

Post by Goblin »

There are historical and fictional articles/stories, maps, medals, choices on where to go next, pictures, etc in the Mega Campaigns. The problem is finding the time to complete one, let alone all of them. MCSE alone can be played through completely differently each time as four different units, without repeating a battle, IIRC.

Goblin
wulfir

Mega Campaigns

Post by wulfir »

How many scenarios (roughly) were the Mega Campaigns made up of?
Semper in Primis
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

ORIGINAL: wulfir

And how many scenarios it usually takes to beat one Mega Campaign?
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
FlashfyreSP

Post by FlashfyreSP »

ORIGINAL: wulfir

In the Desert Fox Mega, there are 132 scenarios; however, the player will only play about about 25% of these in one pass, because each "node" has 2 or 3 alternate battles to choose from. So there are only about 30 distinct "battle periods", as it were.
ImageImage
Zap

Post by Zap »

I looked for a previous post regarding my question but was unable to find it.
So, I would like to ask if the ENH 2008 can be used for the Mega-Campaings (General Edition). I think I know the answer(no) but I just wanted to clarify. I thought I read in a recent post that it was now possible?
FlashfyreSP

Post by FlashfyreSP »

ORIGINAL: Zap

I looked for a previous post regarding my question but was unable to find it.
So, I would like to ask if the ENH 2008 can be used for the Mega-Campaings (General Edition). I think I know the answer(no) but I just wanted to clarify. I thought I read in a recent post that it was now possible?

You can use the Enhanced Mod to play the Megas, but you will likely find some unit/weapon problems...wrong weapons used for units, or units that have the wrong data, or even some that have been replaced by other types, such as infantry looking and acting like tanks. I recently updated the Desert Fox mega scenarios for Enhanced, and found numerous instances where units and/or weapons were incorrect.
ImageImage
Zap

Post by Zap »

Hi FlashfyreSP,
First of all, thanks for the work you put into the Mega Campaign. Succesfully down loaded the patch in the Desert 41 folder. However, donwloadig the 2008 enh, Do I use Mod swapper to load it into the same folder(Desert 41)? I'm confussed , as always.[:D]

ZAP
Alby

Post by Alby »

Hi FlashfyreSP,
First of all, thanks for the work you put into the Mega Campaign. Succesfully down loaded the patch in the Desert 41 folder. However, donwloadig the 2008 enh, Do I use Mod swapper to load it into the same folder(Desert 41)? I'm confussed , as always.[:D]

ZAP
no, the enhanced file does not get unzipped.
you can actually place the file where evr you like but modswapper 'looks' for it in the 'mods' folder.

Zap

Post by Zap »

Hi FlashfyreSP,

ZAP
you can actually place the file where evr you like but modswapper 'looks' for it in the 'mods' folder.

The 2nd step Flashfrye wrote was to add 2008 enh after the Desert 41 patch. I already had 2008enh in modswapper before downloading the patch. Does that mean I will have to uninstall 2008 enh and then load it after the patch?
FlashfyreSP

Post by FlashfyreSP »

Hi FlashfyreSP,

ZAP

The 2nd step Flashfrye wrote was to add 2008 enh after the Desert 41 patch. I already had 2008enh in modswapper before downloading the patch. Does that mean I will have to uninstall 2008 enh and then load it after the patch?
No. Since the DF patch is a manual replacement of all Desert Fox scenario files, and Enhanced 2008 is a Mod, the two aren't inter-dependent...if you have Enhanced already installed through ModSwapper, just patch the Desert Fox Mega scenarios manually and you'll be fine.
ImageImage

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”