Incorrect position of the groups

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.
Renato

Incorrect position of the groups

Post by Renato »

While hunting for Russian submarines in the scenario "GIUK - Gatekeeper, ASW Campaign Against Soviet Surge", I had 3 groups of just 1 unit each: 1 Russian submarine, 1 NATO submarine and 1 NATO air patrol.

I noted that their relative positions on the Group map were significatively different from those on the Unit map and that, by judging from the launch of torpedoes, the correct ones seemed to be those of the Unit map.

This is inconvenient because the movement orders are given on the Group map.

Is this a known fact and is there a remedy?
Warhorse64

RE: Incorrect position of the groups

Post by Warhorse64 »

Check the formations. In that scenario, most of the NATO subs are set in the ASW or Patrol rings of their respective formations. The icon on the group map shows you the location of the centre of the formation. At normal ASW ranges, that will amount to a significant difference in relative positions between the group map and the unit map. It is not unknown to have cases where the red group appears north of the blue group on the group map, but south of it on the unit map!
TonyE

Post by TonyE »

There is nothing that forces a single unit group to be centered on the single unit within that group.  Sometimes this is done on purpose to take advantage of the characteristics that the different formation rings provide (sprint/drift, basic station keeping, etc.).  Granted it can be annoying sometimes.
Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
Harpoon (HC, HCE, HUCE, Classic) programmer
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner
Renato

Post by Renato »

I see.

Thanks to both of you for the information.
Divefreak

Post by Divefreak »

Something like this here?

This is old stuff....

My dbs: HC-65to80-DB and HC-80to95-DB, get it via www.harpgamer.com

Return to “Tech Support”