Well This Proves It, You're All Autistic ;)

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Sarge

RE: Well This Proves It, You're All Autistic ;)

Post by Sarge »

ORIGINAL: marcusm

Still fail to see what's so fun about a very tragic disorder.
What's next? Jokes about handicapped?

Agreed,

How is crap like this at all appropriate ?
ORIGINAL: ravinhood

http://www.wargamer.com/news/news.asp?nid=5451

I've often thought this about people who were "disagreeable" with me. That they had a disorder of the mind. haha

I especially like this quote:
“Our research supports the idea that people who are heavily involved in game playing may be nearer to autistic spectrum disorders than people who have no interest in gaming.”

If I posted something political I would be chastised into oblivion , truly this is some pretty offensive crap and I hardly think thats being thin skinned.

There is nothing funny about “disorder of the mind ,………………..very disappointed [:-]

Grell

Post by Grell »

I agree with you Sarge, Ravinhood get's away with murder.

Regards,

Grell
Mac67

Post by Mac67 »

ORIGINAL: Grell

I agree with you Sarge, Ravinhood get's away with murder.

Regards,

Grell

He certainly does. Taking swipes at a 15 yr old kid should have got him kicked out of here. The "son of Judge Dread" crack was uncalled for and way out of line, as well.
"If you are going through hell, keep going" - Winston Churchill

ImageThe Rose and Crown, a forum for British Gentlemen
Grell

Post by Grell »

Hi Mac,

I forgot about those remarks he made, I would perma ban him if it were my forum.

Regards,

Grell
Mac67

Post by Mac67 »

My thoughts exactly Grell. I have never come across anything so disgusting and despicable in all my time on this forum.

Prince of Eckmühl

Post by Prince of Eckmühl »

Why are y'all hatin' on RH? All he started out suggesting was that (war)gamers tend to exhibit behaviors associated with autism, at least more so than the AVERAGE human-being. Ever talked to a wargamer that's memorized not only the rules for ASL, BUT ALSO THE VALUES FOR THE ENTIRE COUNTERSET? Does that sound like your average bear?

OBVIOUSLY, the sources that RH cited are describing a broad-spectrum of folks, some of whom are wargamers, the overwhelming majority of whom fall within the "normal" range of human behavior. What is being described, specific personality traits, exist over a broad continuum, and only fit a clinical definition at the statistical margins.

At no point have I gotten the impression that RH was making fun of, and/or ridiculing, children who manifest behaviors consistant with a clinical definition of autism. As near as I can tell, he was just offering up a framework for the analysis of the quirkier aspects of some wargamers. I see no offense in that, none, whatsoever.

That some of our other posters are apparently struggling with the implications of the study in question saddens me. Is Ravinghood the culprit, here, or is it the study, itself? And, frankly, attempts to stifle discussion such as RH has thrust upon the group strikes me as sort of anti-intellectual.

PoE (aka ivanmoe)
Government is the opiate of the masses.
ravinhood

Post by ravinhood »

Its funny how traits of human society always find their way into all the sub-groups of human culture. For instance this is an internet forum for wargamers, thats a very specific sub-group creating a community with people who probably have a lot more in common with each other than any other groups they may belong too. Yet still, even us "intellectual" gamers revert to the high school basics of, who's popular, who's not, who's the weirdos, who's the nobodies, who we can attack or gangup on etc. etc.

It's a bad habit that dies hard.

What we seem to have here and really just about all the threads is a gang of individuals who's sole purpose is just to disrupt the conversation or discussions and most often just to attack me. They do it constantly and you all know who they are pretty much the same 3 stooges as always less the clamorings of Judge Dredd, of which I notice is prowling around the General Discussion area again even though once again for the 2nd time said "he'd never come back and post again (or let me get to him)" lol He's probably bored and has no friends to attack haha as I am the one that brings up heady topics that he loved to attack as well as these others, but, at least I attempt to stay on topic in them until someone or the 3 stooges have to come in and throw it off topic.

Habits are hard to break yeah they are, some on this forum should try to break some though...(you know who you are). ;)
WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?

Mac67

Post by Mac67 »

ORIGINAL: Prince of Eckmühl

At no point have I gotten the impression that RH was making fun of, and/or ridiculing, children who manifest behaviors consistant with a clinical definition of autism. As near as I can tell, he was just offering up a framework for the analysis of the quirkier aspects of some wargamers. I see no offense in that, none, whatsoever.

No, he wasn't doing that in this thread. He went one better. He made fun or and ridiculed a real child in several threads in this forum. Maybe you should read around a bit what he writes before you leap to his defence.

Mac67

Post by Mac67 »

Its funny how traits of human society always find their way into all the sub-groups of human culture. For instance this is an internet forum for wargamers, thats a very specific sub-group creating a community with people who probably have a lot more in common with each other than any other groups they may belong too. Yet still, even us "intellectual" gamers revert to the high school basics of, who's popular, who's not, who's the weirdos, who's the nobodies, who we can attack or gangup on etc. etc.

It's a bad habit that dies hard.

What we seem to have here and really just about all the threads is a gang of individuals who's sole purpose is just to disrupt the conversation or discussions and most often just to attack me. They do it constantly and you all know who they are pretty much the same 3 stooges as always less the clamorings of Judge Dredd, of which I notice is prowling around the General Discussion area again even though once again for the 2nd time said "he'd never come back and post again (or let me get to him)" lol He's probably bored and has no friends to attack haha as I am the one that brings up heady topics that he loved to attack as well as these others, but, at least I attempt to stay on topic in them until someone or the 3 stooges have to come in and throw it off topic.

Habits are hard to break yeah they are, some on this forum should try to break some though...(you know who you are). ;)

Funny that you are talking about you being attacked and then in the same breath you launch one at JD. And you wonder why people think that you are a nasty peice of work?

ravinhood

Post by ravinhood »

That's because JD deserves it. If you go alllllllll the way back to the beginning JD attacked ME first not the other way around pal. ;)
WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?

Sarge

Post by Sarge »

What we seem to have here and really just about all the threads is a gang of individuals who's sole purpose is just to disrupt the conversation or discussions and most often just to attack me

[/quote]

Sorry ranthood, but comments like below are hardly polite conversation. Calling individuals that have mental illness ‘idiots and pointing out most live is nowhere close to appropriate considering your context.

But hey, if Matrix feels this is with in the line of expectable behavior along with the rest of the crap you pull around here fine. Good luck you deserve each other.
A psychologist is someone who one day asked themselves "I wonder if they will PAY me to tell them what "I" think other people think? And a psychiatrist is someone who one day asked themselves "I wonder if they will PAY me to tell them what "I" think is wrong with them? Apparently they both had great ideas as there are idiots born every minute and most of them live. ;) I don't know why more people don't become psychologists and psychiatrists as they are two of the easiest jobs out there next to a hotdog vendor. ;)

PS: wonder how Matrix would view me posting a link between lazy adults on welfare and disability spend most of their day and my tax dollars playing video games .
Grell

Post by Grell »

You know what Ravinhood, I used to think you were a nice guy until you started showing signs of psychosis similar to what I am going through in my HD filled days. I truly believe you are a heartless individual who thinks he's king of the world. Well let me tell, you are not king of the world. You are a gutter snipe. You are so in love with yourself that you fail to see that.

Regards,

Grell
ravinhood

Post by ravinhood »

Lol Grell join the ranks of the others. I've watched your "REGARDS" antics for awhile now both here and the wargamer. You aren't fooling anyone and I highly doubt you have any terminal illness. First of all why would you think anyone you don't even know here would even care? The last thing I would do is go to some website crying that I'm dying. lmao You're just looking for attention. You probably are an old man, but, I highly doubt anything is wrong with you since you so freely are here on this site "constantly". Just bored of retirement or the wife won't have anything to do with you and you think by "agreeing and nose wiping everybody will gain you some friends lol". You too remind me of Judge Dredd and his antics. He started off all nice an all, then it wasn't but a few posts and guess what? He was attacking me just like you are doing. I'm pretty much on to you, if anyone is psychosis I believe it would be you pal. ;) Oh and look you even admitted it. ;)

Grell

Post by Grell »

Ravinhood, you will never cease to amaze me, I really couldn't care what you call me, you are death on two legs as Queen put it.

I pray you well even though you are pure evil.

Regards,

Grell
ravinhood

Post by ravinhood »

Lol see there you go again acting like you think I care what you think hahah this is what I'm talking about people. These types of people you find online. They actually think strangers are going to give a damn about their lives, their ailments and what they think about YOU. hahahaha That's why I find this site and many others so entertaining.  ;)

Lol oh thank you sooooooo much for praying for me lol, man I couldn't survive if you didn't pray for me. lmao

Maybe you need to read your good book mr. prayer. Oh I think it says : Remove the beam from thine own eye before trying to remove the splinter from your brothers. ;)

Sarge

Post by Sarge »

ORIGINAL: Prince of Eckmühl

Why are y'all hatin' on RH? All he started out suggesting was that (war)gamers tend to exhibit behaviors associated with autism, at least more so than the AVERAGE human-being.

cant understand why ‘ y'all hatin' on RH?

You aren't fooling anyone and I highly doubt you have any terminal illness. First of all why would you think anyone you don't even know here would even care? The last thing I would do is go to some website crying that I'm dying. lmao You're just looking for attention. You probably are an old man,

That clear things up for ya , the one thing I don’t understand is how this is allowed on Matrix’s gateway forum ?

I’m pretty sure RH has cost Matrix more in sales then he’s ever going to spend [;)]
Grell

Post by Grell »

Lol see there you go again acting like you think I care what you think hahah this is what I'm talking about people. These types of people you find online. They actually think strangers are going to give a damn about their lives, their ailments and what they think about YOU. hahahaha That's why I find this site and many others so entertaining. ;)

Lol oh thank you sooooooo much for praying for me lol, man I couldn't survive if you didn't pray for me. lmao

Maybe you need to read your good book mr. prayer. Oh I think it says : Remove the beam from thine own eye before trying to remove the splinter from your brothers. ;)

Quoted for posterity.

I am immune to your snide remarks, you shouldn't even be on this site as you don't own any wargames. You are creep plain and simple, and I will never bow down to you.
Grell

Post by Grell »

Lol Grell join the ranks of the others. I've watched your "REGARDS" antics for awhile now both here and the wargamer. You aren't fooling anyone and I highly doubt you have any terminal illness. First of all why would you think anyone you don't even know here would even care? The last thing I would do is go to some website crying that I'm dying. lmao You're just looking for attention. You probably are an old man, but, I highly doubt anything is wrong with you since you so freely are here on this site "constantly". Just bored of retirement or the wife won't have anything to do with you and you think by "agreeing and nose wiping everybody will gain you some friends lol". You too remind me of Judge Dredd and his antics. He started off all nice an all, then it wasn't but a few posts and guess what? He was attacking me just like you are doing. I'm pretty much on to you, if anyone is psychosis I believe it would be you pal. ;) Oh and look you even admitted it. ;)

Quoted for proof
ravinhood

Post by ravinhood »

Look at the childish behavior of this one folks. Let's see I'm a creep and death on two legs and pure evil. lmao You aren't even any good at name calling. Your mask is uncovered just like I do most all the rest here Grell or should I say JD using another login name? ;) You came in all nice in sheeps clothing, but, I have unmasked you. ;) JD always said I was good at what I do and I do it soooooo well. ;)

Grell

Post by Grell »

Look at the childish behavior of this one folks. Let's see I'm a creep and death on two legs and pure evil. lmao You aren't even any good at name calling. Your mask is uncovered just like I do most all the rest here Grell or should I say JD using another login name? ;) You came in all nice in sheeps clothing, but, I have unmasked you. ;) JD always said I was good at what I do and I do it soooooo well. ;)

Quoted for proof.

You think LOL means Laughing online. That is the mark of an idiot.

Return to “General Discussion”