Panzer Command: Kharkov has Gone Gold!

The highly anticipated second release in the Panzer Command series, featuring an updated engine and many major feature improvements. 3D Tactical turn-based WWII combat on the Eastern Front, with historical scenarios and campaigns as well as support for random generated battles and campaigns from 1941-1944.
Erik Rutins

Panzer Command: Kharkov has Gone Gold!

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi everyone,

I can't tell you how glad I am to be able to post this and to know that you'll soon be able to play Kharkov yourselves. We have gone gold as of this morning. We are going to _try_ to release this tomorrow afternoon, but at this point if there are _any_ hiccups in the final steps of the store process, then the release will be on Monday (we don't release on Fridays). I should be able to confirm tomorrow morning whether tomorrow will indeed be the release date or not. Keep your fingers crossed. [8D]

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Melnibone

RE: Panzer Command: Kharkov has Gone Gold!

Post by Melnibone »

Woot!
FNG

Post by FNG »

Fingers most definitely crossed! [:)]
FNG
Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt.
Grell

Post by Grell »

Congratulations Erik, you are proud I suspect. Great news anyway.

Regards,

Grell
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

By the way, please spread the word. [8D]
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
kam99

Post by kam99 »

Great news! Fingers crossed for tomorrow!
EagleMountainDK

Post by EagleMountainDK »

This is great news Erik.
ravinhood

Post by ravinhood »

I think this will be one of your better releases Erik. ;) FINALLY now I only have to wait for Chris at NWS to get his boxed or cd cased stock in and then it will be on the way to me. I guess I could ask how big the download file will be? I recently took the plunge and downloaded the EU:Rome demo and it was 324mb and only took around 24 hours. ;) Lol dialup is so slow, but, so inexpensive. Anyways looking forward to my copy of this soon one way or the other. ;) No hiccups allowed, release tomorrow and in my hands next week. ;)
WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?

Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

The final gold master ended up at 591MB in size. I would recommend buying the boxed copy if you're on dial-up, unless you have a lot of patience and a download manager to resume broken downloads.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
JMass

Post by JMass »

Wonderful news!
"Klotzen, nicht Kleckern!"Generaloberst Heinz Wilhelm Guderian

My boardgames collection: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection ... dgame&ff=1
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

Eric,

If you also know for sure today that it won't be released tommorrow, will you let us know. (I'm holding off on another purchase since if this comes out, I know I'll be busy reading the manual for PC:K).

Thanks,
Rick
elmo3

Post by elmo3 »

It went gold already?! [:D]
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester
madorosh

Post by madorosh »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

The final gold master ended up at 591MB in size. I would recommend buying the boxed copy if you're on dial-up, unless you have a lot of patience and a download manager to resume broken downloads.

That's quite an admission...and much appreciated. I'm out 60 bucks or so on Medal of Honor: Airborne mostly because I didn't have the patience to deal with EA's laissez-faire tech support who got back to my email days or weeks after reporting the digital download didn't work for me...

I like boxes anyway, and not paying for shipping.

I take it that Electronic Boutique in Canada will be getting these in short order?
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

ORIGINAL: Michael Dorosh
That's quite an admission...and much appreciated. I'm out 60 bucks or so on Medal of Honor: Airborne mostly because I didn't have the patience to deal with EA's laissez-faire tech support who got back to my email days or weeks after reporting the digital download didn't work for me...

Large downloads on dial-up is rough. We have customers who do it, but they swear by tools like www.stardownloader.com because dial-up connections are notorious for dropping the connection in the middle of the download (or someone picks up the phone by accident, call waiting, etc.). With patience, it can be done but I think it's likely to be frustrating.

With that said, you can always buy the digital+physical version and try the download, knowing that the box is already on its way.
I take it that Electronic Boutique in Canada will be getting these in short order?

Sorry, no - we're not doing traditional retail distribution with Panzer Command: Kharkov at this time. Although we sent Winterstorm to retail stores eventually, it was months after the original release and we haven't made any plans for that yet with Kharkov.

Our shipping to Canada is not that expensive though and the US warehosue ships out from Minnesota, so it shouldn't take long either.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
Staggerwing

Post by Staggerwing »

ORIGINAL: Michael Dorosh

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Wouldn't it be better to order from Matrix or NWS due to the price difference probably
offsetting your shipping charge anyway? Even though the Can$ is worth the same as the US$
a lot of games are still more in Canada when I compare prices on Amazon.Ca to Amazon.com.

EDIT: NM, I just read Erik's reply.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

ORIGINAL: Rick
If you also know for sure today that it won't be released tommorrow, will you let us know. (I'm holding off on another purchase since if this comes out, I know I'll be busy reading the manual for PC:K).

Right now, thing look good but I won't know for sure until tomorrow as there's one more QA test to be completed on the store/physical production side. I will know for sure before noon tomorrow and I expect we'll release in the early afternoon as long as there are no snags.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

Thanks Eric.

Rick
redbear

Post by redbear »

There will be a demo of this game?
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi Redbear,

No demo at this time, sorry - we may do one later though but we don't have a timeframe yet.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hey everyone,

Just thought I'd drop in and say that everything is currently looking good for a release later today. [8D]

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

Return to “Panzer Command: Kharkov”