Vista Problem AT Ranges

John Tiller's Campaign Series exemplifies tactical war-gaming at its finest by bringing you the entire collection of TalonSoft's award-winning campaign series. Containing TalonSoft's West Front, East Front, and Rising Sun platoon-level combat series, as well as all of the official add-ons and expansion packs, the Matrix Edition allows players to dictate the events of World War II from the tumultuous beginning to its climatic conclusion. We are working together with original programmer John Tiller to bring you this updated edition.

Moderators: Jason Petho, Peter Fisla, asiaticus, dogovich

GHQ

Vista Problem AT Ranges

Post by GHQ »

I'm hoping someone can help me with this annoying problem
I think I have installed the game correctly and patched it with 1.02.
Things seemed to be working correctly until I came to fire at an Hard Target with Panther Tanks. It told me that I had insufficient range.
I then checked the target ranges for all the AT weapons and found the soft target range appears OK, but hard targets are showing zero range for all weapons.
This problem appears on both my laptop and desktop computers.
Has anyone any ideas please.
Cheers,
Gordon
Jason Petho

RE: Vista Problem AT Ranges

Post by Jason Petho »

Ensure the patch installed correctly. The 1.02 UPDATE should remedy the Vista Anti-tank problem.

Jason Petho
Borst50

Post by Borst50 »

I have Vista Busniess on my desktop and have thus far had no problems like you describe, and while i know this doesnt help you, I am thinking it is more of a path error.

To be blunt, I hate Vista, I would prefer XP...I have too many problems with this particular OS....and because i was stupid and bought a system with Vista on it, I am now paying the price. Too many of my games are not compatible with the Vista OS, those that are frequently crash. But to be fair, 95 was the same way in the begining...it wasnt until after 98 was relaeased they finally worked the bugs out of the system.

It would seem to me that all Microsoft products are way too buggy for initial release, it takes several years and God knows how m,any upgrades to get it right.

I hope things work out for you.
GHQ

Post by GHQ »

Thanks Jason,
I wasn't doing things correctly with the patch, I was unzipping it straight into the CS Directory, instead of running it as I should have done as a Setup file. Everything now appears to be working fine and hopefully Vista will now be no problem.
Cheers,
Gordon
panda124c

Post by panda124c »

ORIGINAL: Borst50

I have Vista Busniess on my desktop and have thus far had no problems like you describe, and while i know this doesnt help you, I am thinking it is more of a path error.

To be blunt, I hate Vista, I would prefer XP...I have too many problems with this particular OS....and because i was stupid and bought a system with Vista on it, I am now paying the price. Too many of my games are not compatible with the Vista OS, those that are frequently crash. But to be fair, 95 was the same way in the begining...it wasnt until after 98 was relaeased they finally worked the bugs out of the system.

It would seem to me that all Microsoft products are way too buggy for initial release, it takes several years and God knows how m,any upgrades to get it right.

I hope things work out for you.

Have you tried opening the properties for the game .exe and set the game to run in XP mode?? I understand this works (sometimes). [:D] I agree 100% Vista *****. It second guesses as to what you want to do then does it for you. [:-]

Return to “John Tiller's Campaign Series”