2.2 patch update (march 31, 2008)

Maximum-Football 2.0 is the latest and greatest release from the acclaimed sports management video game studio, Wintervalley Software. Bringing a whole host of new features like full Xbox 360 controller support, full DirectX 9.0 utilization, and scores of other upgrades and improvements, Maximum-Football 2.0 delivers on gameplay and fun like a bullet pass through double coverage. Like its predecessor, Maximum-Football 2.0 allows players to experience the thrill of managing a team in any league!

Moderator: David Winter

David Winter

2.2 patch update (march 31, 2008)

Post by David Winter »

Greetings.

This is just a quick note to touch base with the fans of Maximum-Football.

Version 2.2 has been out for about a week now and generally it's getting good reviews and feedback. It seems for the most part everyone is happy with the work that was put into the game over the past few months.

There are a few problem areas though and those have been addressed over the past week. Specifically, the major areas I've looked at are;

- Depth Chart Sorting. As reported here: fb.asp?m=1757950 the depth charts have new functionality to sort.

- Passing & and audible calling from non 360 controllers in arcade mode. Fixed

- Fumble Stats I. Specifically, it's been reported that sometimes you can see more fumbles lost than fumbles made. This seems to only show on the league stats pages and not the post game report. This is something I've never been able to reproduce on my side, but I have made some changes that might improve things. In the existing v2.2 all fumbles are shown on the rushing stat category. For sake of clarity I've separated those into receiving and rushing. So if a player fumbles after they've caught the ball, it shows in the receiving stat category. Fumbles that occur during a sack (see below) are still listed as a rushing fumble because there was no pass/reception.

- Fumble Stats II. Fumbles now show up in the game report. While they were showing up properly in the box score at the top of the report, they were not always included in the play-by-play. Now fumbles of all types are shown in the play-by-play.

- Sacks. In the existing v2.2, sacks and fumbles are independent items. So you were either sacked or you fumbled and not both. For the patch that's been changed so you can still record a fumble and sack/tackle on the same play. This only applies to US style fields. Canadian football considers the play either a sack/tackle or a fumble and not both (you can't get credit for the sack if the QB doesn't have the ball). So this remains unchanged for Canadian and Indoor fields.

- Safety touches now properly report in the game report.

- Game Report. As noted above there is some clean up to the Game Report that is generated after a game is played. Most of what MjH reported has been addressed.

- Player Stats Page. The individual player stats page now properly displays.

That is not the complete list, but they are the major ones that have been reported and addressed. I'm currently debating on whether or not to push the update out this week or to give it another week to see if other items are brought up. I would like to avoid releasing a new patch every 2 weeks because that just becomes impossible for anyone to keep up with. But I also understand that a few of these bugs are hindering people from enjoying the game to its fullest.

So I guess the question falls to you, the community. Release a patch by the end of this week with the possiblity of another in a couple of weeks. Or wait another week and see if more things need to be addressed with a patch released mid April that covers everything at once.

Let me know.

thanks
David

[edit - whoops! forgot to include the depth chart changes]
"They're not dolls. They're action figures. Valuable Action figures!"
Scott_WAR

RE: 2.2 patch update (march 31, 2008)

Post by Scott_WAR »

How about game logs. Ever since 2.0 was released, the time left in the quqrter listed after each play was wrong.

Here is a sample from a gamelog

Offensive Team: Detroit
Down: 1 ToGo: 10 BallOn: DET 30 Quarter: 1 Time: 49:00
SANCHIOUS was dropped for 2 yards.
Tackle made by CHEEK.
SB2T MO 44 DIVE vs UP G DOUBLE CRASH
Down: 2 ToGo: 12 BallOn: DET 28 Quarter: 1 Time: 22:00
SANCHIOUS picked up around 3 yards.
Tackle made by HOLZNER.
X 48 SWEEP vs UP G BACKER OUTSIDE
Down: 3 ToGo: 9 BallOn: DET 31 Quarter: 1 Time: 54:00
SANCHIOUS was dropped for 2 yards.
Tackle made by BERCZY.
X MO 43 DIVE vs TUFF BACKER
Down: 4 ToGo: 11 BallOn: DET 29 Quarter: 1 Time: 31:00
The Punt by TOTA traveled 43 yards.
STOECKEL returned the kick 0 yards.
Tackle made by BEHNEY.
PUNT EXTRA vs PUNT RETURN 2

The quarters are 10 minutes long, so as you can see the time left is WAY off.
micvik

Post by micvik »

Will the depth chart issues be taken care of with this patch?
David Winter

Post by David Winter »

ORIGINAL: micvik

Will the depth chart issues be taken care of with this patch?

Oh shoot.. you're right.. they are addressed.. I just forgot them on the list above.. I'll add it.

thanks
David
David Winter

Post by David Winter »

ORIGINAL: Scott_WAR

How about game logs. Ever since 2.0 was released, the time left in the quqrter listed after each play was wrong.

Game logs are game reports. I've listed those above. But the particular issue you're describing was fixed in 2.2.
Offensive Team: Denver
Down: 2 ToGo: 23 BallOn: DEN 7 Quarter: 2 Time: 08:13
Impressive run by KREPS picked up nearly 14 yards.
Tackle made by WATT.
4WR FADE vs 42 BLITZ INSIDE

Offensive Team: Denver
Down: 3 ToGo: 9 BallOn: DEN 21 Quarter: 2 Time: 07:42
Good run by SPURGERS picked up 10 yards.
Tackle made by WALCZYK.
TRIPS 48 SWEEP vs 42 BLITZ OUTSIDE

thanks
David
DreamTeams

Post by DreamTeams »

Release it so folkes can get on with enjoying this fantastic game. Then another in a few weeks if necessary.
Frank Brickowski

Post by Frank Brickowski »

Release a patch this week. I'm excited about the depth charts being fixed!
Peace out
therhino

Post by therhino »

I would prefer if a patch were released this week and then if necessary a new one later.
therhino
dreamtheatervt

Post by dreamtheatervt »

I want whatever is best for the game long-term, so I don't feel qualified to answer the question.
22sec

Post by 22sec »

David,
First let me say I would prefer a quick patch, then a follow up if necessary. One thing I think MFB ABSOLUTELY NEEDS and seems it would be easy to change is the ability of DB's to return punts and kicks.
Flashpoint Campaigns Contributor
https://twitter.com/22sec2
Hubbard

Post by Hubbard »

Quick release.
redwolf1

Post by redwolf1 »

Release it sooner rather than later - that way, if anything that comes up from the new patch needs tweaking, that can be done.

I for one am fine with patches every two weeks or so, if neccessary, as long as our leagues don't need to be restarted each time. But ultimately, it's your decision David. Whatever you feel is best for you and the game, I will support.

[:)]

playball335

Post by playball335 »

ORIGINAL: DreamTeams

Release it so folkes can get on with enjoying this fantastic game. Then another in a few weeks if necessary.

I agree. The game is unplayable for us arcade players right now. [:(]
David Winter

Post by David Winter »

Sounds good.

I'll see if I can get this out by Friday. Unfortunately this whole process is tied to the work schedule Matrix has (they create and issue the install packages) so I hope they can do a quick turn around one.

thanks
David
therhino

Post by therhino »

Thanks David. I am looking forward to it.
therhino
David Winter

Post by David Winter »

Greetings.

So I have good news and bad news.

The good news is that last night I was able to get the playbooks to include user rankings for profiles. Your playbooks will be updated automatically but you may want to open them and ensure your ranking order is how you want it. As no existing playbook has situation rankings, they may not rank the way you want them by default.

Again I need to point out that ranking has no impact on specific situations. It's only useful for situations that have the ANY option included. If you take a specific situation, and rank it at the bottom of the list, it's still going to be used first.

The bad news.
Because I added the above functionality last night, I missed the window of opportunity to get the build to matrix intime for a Friday release. So now we're shooting for Monday. Sorry about that, I wish we could make the process faster.

thanks
David

timewalker03

Post by timewalker03 »

Thanks for trying though. Look forward to the patch on monday even though I have no idea what it will do since I am so new.
hack153

Post by hack153 »

sounds good.  thanks.
UPFL is in the off season...
United Premier Football League
chad56s

Post by chad56s »

Sounds like the pros far outway the cons. Thanks David for all your hard work.
elmerlee

Post by elmerlee »

David had this question.??????????

"So I guess the question falls to you, the community. Release a patch by the end of this week with the possiblity of another in a couple of weeks. Or wait another week and see if more things need to be addressed with a patch released mid April that covers everything at once."

Near as I can tell it was 7-0-1 to release what was done this week. Hmmmmmm. Eight replies is probably not a worthwhile sample.

By the way David did you get my files?

Return to “Maximum-Football 2.0”