changing production costs etc

Discuss and post your mods and scenarios here for others to download.

Moderator: Vic

dave74

changing production costs etc

Post by dave74 »

wondering if someone could help me...

i seem to be able to change production costs and other values on scenarios designed by others (i.e. waw) as there is a box to 'click' on to alter these values, but i am unable to change values on my random games or if i go to create a scenario ?

any ideas ?
BULLDOGINTHEUK

RE: changing production costs etc

Post by BULLDOGINTHEUK »

You have to detach the masterfile from the settings menu.[/align] [/align]This allows you to change all the settings of the production of units. Just go into the items menu and you can change the costs of each unit.[/align] [/align]Hope this helps.[/align]
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: dave74

wondering if someone could help me...

i seem to be able to change production costs and other values on scenarios designed by others (i.e. waw) as there is a box to 'click' on to alter these values, but i am unable to change values on my random games or if i go to create a scenario ?

any ideas ?

In order to edit certain things in the editor, you will have to "uncouple" the scenario from the masterfile. Go to the setting screen, click on load master file, then cancel. This will remove the linkage between the master file and the scenario so that you can edit some things.

Rick
dave74

Post by dave74 »

thanks a lot for the advice guys, much appreciated. One other thing, can you give powerpoints a value of less than 1 ?

for example could i make a rifle unit have a powerpoint value of 0.01, therefore one hundred edited rifle units being equal in power points to one standard rifle unit ?
Captain Cruft

Post by Captain Cruft »

No, Powerpoints is an integer value. Some parameters will accept floating point but not that one. The editor will prevent you from entering inappropriate values.
dave74

Post by dave74 »

thanks captain cruft, i was looking at the possibility o f haveing 1 rifle unit = 1 rifleman and so on. i know there would have been a lot of variables to change, but if this cant be changed there is no point.

btw looking forward to your mod being released[:)]

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”