Richard Widmark died

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Brigz

Richard Widmark died

Post by Brigz »

One of my all time favorite actors, Richard Widmark died today. He was 93. One of the best actors of all time. For those who don't know him see, "The Bedford Incident" and "Don't Bother to Knock". Just two examples of one of Hollywood's greatest stars.
“You're only young once but you can be immature for as long as you want”
wworld7

RE: Richard Widmark died

Post by wworld7 »

Dave,

I liked his work also. Minor correction, he died on Monday not today.
Flipper
ravinhood

Post by ravinhood »

Jim Bowie of the Alamo! played a western part in "How the West was Won". Squad Leader or Platoon leader in "Halls of Montezuma". Those are the ones I remember him most in.
WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?

martxyz

Post by martxyz »

I remember him in Madigan (?). A film about about a New York cop. Played a very imperfect/unsympathetic character, but with great style. Was at a time when NYPD needed serious cleaning up. A sort of Dirty Harry, but with acting!

I think that Frank Sinatra made a film at about the same time called "The Detective", which I remember with similar affection.

Martin [:)]
captskillet

Post by captskillet »

One of his best was Garden of Evil..........great western with a GREAT cast............Gary Cooper, Richard Widmark, Susan Hayward (what a dish she was in her day), Cameron Mitchell & Hugh Marlowe.
"Git thar fust with the most men" - Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest

Grell

Post by Grell »

All the great actors are dead, what a shame.

Regards,

Grell
ravinhood

Post by ravinhood »

ORIGINAL: Grell

All the great actors are dead, what a shame.

Regards,

Grell

I'm NOT! ;)[:'(]

Actually I think Kirk Douglas is still around he's probably one of the last of an epic age of acting instead of action and sex like todays movies.
WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?

Grell

Post by Grell »

Hey Rav,

Is Gregory Peck still alive? That's who I'm named after, my mother and her crush on him.

Regards,

Grell
ravinhood

Post by ravinhood »

No, I think Peck died June 13th 2003....he was 87

sullafelix

Post by sullafelix »

No, the best was the psycopath role that made him a star. His shoving the old lady down the stairs and the way he played it are usually mentioned as movie landmarks. The action and his portrayal really freaked out the audience. I personally prefer Cagney's Cody Jarret, but to each their own.
Windows 7 home premium 64
Intel quad core I7
16 gig
AMD R9 200 series

Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
Grell

Post by Grell »

ORIGINAL: ravinhood

No, I think Peck died June 13th 2003....he was 87

Thanks for the info Rav.

Wow I liked Gregory Peck, he had a full life though.

Regards,

Grell

Return to “General Discussion”