how many players

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Titan

how many players

Post by Titan »

It may have been mentioned, but any idea how many players could play pbem
Shannon V. OKeets

RE: how many players

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: Titan

It may have been mentioned, but any idea how many players could play pbem
I have designed MWIF for 2 players PBEM but it should be easy enough to increase that to more. The design is for one side's decisions to be emailed to the other side. If you wanted to set it up so a team leader on each side gathered the decisions for multiple players on his side, etc., there should be no difficulty. The same design, down to the finest level of detail, is used for play over the Internet, which is for up to 6 players - 3 per side.

I have plans for more than 6 players, with some decisions being delegated, but that is not for MWIF product 1. For example, my intent is to enable the possibility of an Air Marshal for the Allies or a player who plays the role of the Admiralty for the CW. And so on.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
marcuswatney

Post by marcuswatney »

I hope you will provide an opportunity for France and China to be separate players.  These are good roles for new players to the system.  It lets them particpate in a game between experienced players without taking on an inordinately heavy burden of responsibility first time round - the best training scenario.
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: marcuswatney

I hope you will provide an opportunity for France and China to be separate players.  These are good roles for new players to the system.  It lets them particpate in a game between experienced players without taking on an inordinately heavy burden of responsibility first time round - the best training scenario.
Not for product 1.

There is a whole slew of things like this that are excellent things to add to MWIF, but that I have tabled as far as product 1 is concerned. The simple fact is that implem,enting dozens of small things can eat up days, weeks, even months of time.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
composer99

Post by composer99 »

China and France are rather boring to play on their own, mind. [:(] Only thing more boring is US in 39-40.
~ Composer99

Return to “World in Flames”