Buy both?

The highly anticipated second release in the Panzer Command series, featuring an updated engine and many major feature improvements. 3D Tactical turn-based WWII combat on the Eastern Front, with historical scenarios and campaigns as well as support for random generated battles and campaigns from 1941-1944.
Okimaw

Buy both?

Post by Okimaw »

I'm just curious about what all the other CMer's checking this out think. I didn't buy OWS but will definately be buying Kharkov. Is anyone going to be buying both? As well if I buy OWS now will I be in time for the discount for Kharkov? I really like the looks of how this is shaping up, I bought CMSF and was disappointed. If what Matrix did for TOAW, with all the community involvement and support, is indicative of all the possibilities for PC, this is going to be a fun ride to go along on [8D]
I have returned
Erik Rutins

RE: Buy both?

Post by Erik Rutins »

You can buy OWS at any time and still qualify for the discount on Kharkov. We will be offering a bundle deal with the same discount when Kharkov goes up for sale, so that you can buy both at once when you go to purchase Kharkov if you like.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Okimaw

Post by Okimaw »

Thanks. The bundle deal sounds good to me. Too bad my usual spring/summer wargaming hiatus is so near [:D]
I have returned
ravinhood

Post by ravinhood »

This waiting is killing me. :) I would just like to purchase the MAPS (at a discount of course ;) ) of PC:OWS....can I do that Erik? ;)
WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?

Prince of Eckmühl

Post by Prince of Eckmühl »

ORIGINAL: ravinhood

This waiting is killing me. :) I would just like to purchase the MAPS (at a discount of course ;) ) of PC:OWS....can I do that Erik? ;)

Hath thou taken a clinically effective dosage of PROZAC, or doth thou sarcasm runneth over? [;)]

PoE (aka ivanmoe)
Government is the opiate of the masses.
British tommy

Post by British tommy »

I think there are a lot of CM players now taking a keen interest in this game, especially over at the Blitzkrieg website due to Poor old spike posting screen shots of the original game. J2D is also helping out with info and Mad Russian asking all the right questions [:)]
Just tried downloading the PC demo from somewhere but alas, the file was corrupted [:(] Any one know where else I can download it ??
Play the game for more than you can afford to lose... only then will you learn the game.
Winston Churchill
Prince of Eckmühl

ORIGINAL: British tommy

Any one know where else I can download it ??

http://www.matrixgames.com/games/downloads.asp?gid=327

PoE
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Did you try Strategy Informer or another one? There are several mirrors listed in the game downloads here:

http://www.matrixgames.com/games/demos.asp?gid=327

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
British tommy

Post by British tommy »

Thank you both, downloading it now as I type [:)]
Play the game for more than you can afford to lose... only then will you learn the game.
Winston Churchill
ravinhood

Post by ravinhood »

ORIGINAL: Prince of Eckmühl
ORIGINAL: ravinhood

Hath thou taken a clinically effective dosage of PROZAC, or doth thou sarcasm runneth over? [;)]

PoE (aka ivanmoe)

No, my doctor has seen fit to keep me on Hydro Codone or something sounding like that. Makes me feeeeeeel reeeeeely goot. :)
WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?

Prince of Eckmühl

ORIGINAL: British tommy

Thank you both, downloading it now as I type [:)]

Good deal.

Stuff to look out for...

IIRC, when you install the demo you'll be ask to update DirectX and .Net. You have to accept both of these, or the game will fail when you try to run it. DX and .Net won't actually update if you're current on them, BTW, so there's no risk to your system.

Second...

Read the manual and pay close attention to the sequence of play. When I first started playing, I tried to play Combat Mission. Big mistake.

Playing the Russians and Germans is a completely different experience, not because of weapon statistics, but because of the turn structure.

Much of the design of the game is focused on platoon orders, BTW. Most folks will enjoy the game more if they just relax and accept this.

The game's command and control modeling takes some getting used to, particularly as the Russians, but it's actually a lot of fun once you've played with the routines for a while.

Good luck!

PoE (aka ivanmoe)

Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

What is the package price for both?

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Winterstorm is $39.99 normally for the download. Kharkov is also planned to be $39.99 for the download, with a $15 discount (making it $24.99) if you purchase both together or if you already have Winterstorm and purchase Kharkov. So that means that instead of $79.98 to purchase both you would pay $64.98.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Winterstorm is $39.99 normally for the download. Kharkov is also planned to be $39.99 for the download, with a $15 discount (making it $24.99) if you purchase both together or if you already have Winterstorm and purchase Kharkov. So that means that instead of $79.98 to purchase both you would pay $64.98.

Regards,

- Erik

How does the download version work? How many times can you download the game?

What about if I want a CD? How much is the price then?

Good Hunting.

MR

junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Basically you go to the Matrix store, pay for the game with a credit card, that lets you download the installer .exe
You get a serial number that is asked for when you run the installer.
After I am sure the game works, I copy the installer to a CDR and write the serial number on the CDR. If I need to reinstall, I copy the installer file from the CDR to my computer and repeat the process, reading the serial number off of the CDR when asked for.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

Basically you go to the Matrix store, pay for the game with a credit card, that lets you download the installer .exe
You get a serial number that is asked for when you run the installer.
After I am sure the game works, I copy the installer to a CDR and write the serial number on the CDR. If I need to reinstall, I copy the installer file from the CDR to my computer and repeat the process, reading the serial number off of the CDR when asked for.

So, what you're saying is that it will only install once from Matrix to a computer. Where as if I have the CD I can install as many times as I need to.

Good Hunting.

MR

junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

As long as that installer .exe is somewhere on your hard drive, you can uninstall and reinstall as often as you wish. Making your own backup copy like I do is highly recommended. IIRC the license states that you can install the game on another computer, such as your laptop, as long as only one compter is being used at a time. No free LAN games.

The CD and both Download plus CD are normally US$10 more plus the shipping. The CD version or the plus version will come with a printed manual.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

As long as that installer .exe is somewhere on your hard drive, you can uninstall and reinstall as often as you wish. Making your own backup copy like I do is highly recommended.

Do you mean download the program to reinstall it? I understand that you have to have the installer, but where do the program files come from? Here at Matrix?

I'll own this game before the end of the week.

Good Hunting.

MR

junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

You download a file one time that is named something like PCKharkov.exe let's say to you desktop. You double click that file and the installer starts running. That's it. None of the BS that some other companies put you through.

With a CD purchase, sometimes putting the CD in the drive starts the installer and sometimes you have to copy the file off the CD onto your computer.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

ORIGINAL: Mad Russian
How does the download version work? How many times can you download the game?

The initial purchase allows five downloads, but if you can't get it within those five downloads we can reset the count for you. You can also add download "insurance" at checkout which allows you to re-download it as many times as you like for two years after the purchase.

The download is a single large installer file and you're given a serial number to use when you install it. Just save the file and serial number and you're good to go, so normally one good download is all you need. You can back it up to CD and you're allowed by our license to install it on up to two personal computers as long as you're the person playing the game.

No online activation/deactivation, just the serial number. You can register your game with that serial number in our Members Club, which gives you a place to retrieve it from if you lose it and also gives you access to things like beta patches before they become official.
What about if I want a CD? How much is the price then?

$10 + your chosen shipping method on top of the download price gets you a full color box, CD and printed manual, which in Kharkov's case is 136 pages long. Both versions also include in the installer a color searchable PDF E-Book version of the same manual as well as a printer-friendly version.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

Return to “Panzer Command: Kharkov”