The Inevitable Official UnOffical Wish List

The highly anticipated second release in the Panzer Command series, featuring an updated engine and many major feature improvements. 3D Tactical turn-based WWII combat on the Eastern Front, with historical scenarios and campaigns as well as support for random generated battles and campaigns from 1941-1944.
ravinhood

The Inevitable Official UnOffical Wish List

Post by ravinhood »

Well it always happens for EVERY game the ole "I WANT MORE" thread that they call the "wish list". ;) So, this time I'M starting it foist BEFORE the game is even released. hehe Mainly because I already know a few things that ain't gonna be in this already. ;)
So without futher ado..I will start it off with the following wishies. ;)

1. Random Battle Generator that produces Random Battle Maps as well

2. Map Editors that can be used after using a Random Map Generator to get us started.

3. Destructable buildings and other items in the game.

4. FoW scenario time duration. In other words the random battle generator will also determine the number of turns without us having to input them. Even so there should be a on/off to whether we want to see how many turns are in a battle or that remain. Or if it relies on a victory level of completion this can be hidden as well.

Thas all I can think of right now. I'll add more as they come up after I get my hands on the game.
WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?

Mobius

RE: The Inevitable Official UnOffical Wish List

Post by Mobius »

Well bigger maps.

And if doing Western Europe the need to make mixed platoons, especially for UK units. They liked to mix things up in the HQ Troop with CS tanks. Plus they included a Firefly or two in the tank Troops.
All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer
Krasny

Post by Krasny »

Bases.
ravinhood

Post by ravinhood »

FEMALE soldier units on the Russian side....make them sharpshooters like in that movie. ;) I understand females did fight just like other soldiers on the russian side.
WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?

freeboy

Post by freeboy »

Flashback to Cross of Iron, see it if you can by all means.. actual t34 used.. very interesting eastern front story
"Tanks forward"
ravinhood

Post by ravinhood »

More unit details Tanks need stars and flags and stuff, come on every tank wasn't in tip top perfect conditon every battle. HEEEYYYY I KNOW tanks start to look dirty and stuff as the campaign goes on. That would be very kewl and realistic. The infantrymen would paint a "killroy was here" pic on them from time to time. ;)

Green gotta get rid of the total green of it all. Need some splashes of brown here and there something. The tanks and the ground terrain just don't fit right together they need something to really separate one from the other.

Infantrymen need some RANDOM faces and not all look like they came from the CLONE wars. Some with glasses, some with beards, some with mustaches, some with scars, some rough lookin some white as snow in complexion. Need some blacks, whites, hispanics, asians, indians (both kinds) etc. ;) Yah know that's something I can't ever recall seeing in ANY of these tactical MINATURElike games from Close combat to Combat Mission to Steel Panthers and now this.....where's the ethnic groups that fought during WW2? Everybody wasn't WHITE yah know? ;)

Some kewl lookin hand to hand bayonet fighting animations. ;) I wanna see em stick it to em and have those screeching screams from those being gutted. hehehe

Mraah

Post by Mraah »

I would like to see an Easter Egg of Ravinhood running around the battlefield with a clipboard making notes on on what needs changing. Does Monty Pythons Holy Grail ring a bell?

Additionally, I think you could add this to a random campaign game where you would gain extra victory points for knocking him on his butt ;

1. 100 pts for an HE hit
2. 200 pts for a small arms hit
3. 500 pts for running him over in an AFV
4. 1000 whopping pts for not only running him over, but backing up on him when you knock him down

All in good fun !! [:D]

Where would this game be without ravinhood?
(probably gone gold by now!!) hahaha

Rob
Stridor

Post by Stridor »

ORIGINAL: ravinhood

More unit details Tanks need stars and flags and stuff, come on every tank wasn't in tip top perfect conditon every battle. HEEEYYYY I KNOW tanks start to look dirty and stuff as the campaign goes on. That would be very kewl and realistic. The infantrymen would paint a "killroy was here" pic on them from time to time. ;)

Green gotta get rid of the total green of it all. Need some splashes of brown here and there something. The tanks and the ground terrain just don't fit right together they need something to really separate one from the other.

Infantrymen need some RANDOM faces and not all look like they came from the CLONE wars. Some with glasses, some with beards, some with mustaches, some with scars, some rough lookin some white as snow in complexion. Need some blacks, whites, hispanics, asians, indians (both kinds) etc. ;) Yah know that's something I can't ever recall seeing in ANY of these tactical MINATURElike games from Close combat to Combat Mission to Steel Panthers and now this.....where's the ethnic groups that fought during WW2? Everybody wasn't WHITE yah know? ;)

Some kewl lookin hand to hand bayonet fighting animations. ;) I wanna see em stick it to em and have those screeching screams from those being gutted. hehehe

RH,

I hear you.

More will be done with the next release re: model Variations.

For interest sake it would be possible to mod the faces/uniforms with the current release, so for any budding moders out there .... I myself did a new series of tank commanders which have several different animations rather than the fixed somewhat stilted animation from PCOWS.

Ethnics groups are definitely possible with the current system.

My panther models have weathering / battle damage. Some of the other models do not. For a fixed model system they have their pros and cons. If you have models with weathering/fixed insigna/damage then they will all be the same for the same model. Not good. If they have none, then they look like they haven't seen any action. So it is a compromise. A bit of weathering/damage, but not so much as to make them all look identical.

It is pretty easy to add new textures, whilst still keeping the old ones, so if you wanted to do so, you could do your own touch ups.
jamespcrowley

Post by jamespcrowley »

Larger maps.

Even more terrain features - streams, cornfields, graveyards etc.

Map editor ( and,ideally, a random map maker for use with the battle and campaign generators)

Detailed urban features.

More detailed close combat, with limits on grenade useage as per tank ammo.

Destructible buildings and structures (particularly bridges) - with appropriate negative effects on occupants.

Shellholes created by large calibre artillery and bombs - usable as foxholes.

Flame weapons, infantry and vehicle, therefore...

Fire, potentially spreadable.

Assault boats - for river crossings.

Intermediate sighting - more often than not tanks, guns and infantry in cover not fully identified until very close, if at all sometimes.

Possible mis-identification of units.

Seperate FO's for artillery spotting - currently too flexible at present, IMO.

More hierarchy - i.e. platoons formed into companies, companies into battalions. They seem a little, ah.. generic at the momment.

Optionally, more C & C: Battalions give broad orders to comapanies, who in turn do the same for platoons then, as now, down to individual units. Also less order options for units not in C &C, maybe by distance as well as radio contact.

Flak guns - to counter those pesky Stukas!

Outclassed tanks auto reversing and throwing smoke.

Infantry going prone or taking cover as a default, until ordered to do otherwise.
Cheers

Jim
Stridor

Post by Stridor »

Oh there are graveyards.

Attachments
4AE81DA275..F1A437D0.jpg
4AE81DA275..F1A437D0.jpg (119.57 KiB) Viewed 184 times
jamespcrowley

Post by jamespcrowley »

Excellent!
Cheers

Jim
ravinhood

Post by ravinhood »

Engineers who build pontoon bridges across rivers. Small rubber rafts and being able to cross rivers in them like in that Market Garden movie "A Brigde too Far". ;) Oh Oh Oh an man you could really put Battlefront to shame if you could put in paratrooper units that can be dropped behind enemy lines and stuff like that??!! :) Would be kewl watching them drop from the sky like at St Mere Eglise (sp) and then have the german units blasting them as they come down in the middle of that town. ;)

Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Engineers who build pontoon bridges across rivers.

In what time scale?
Small rubber rafts and being able to cross rivers in them like in that Market Garden movie "A Brigde too Far". ;)

I agree - river assaults would be quite cool and plenty of instances on the Eastern Front as well.
Oh Oh Oh an man you could really put Battlefront to shame if you could put in paratrooper units that can be dropped behind enemy lines and stuff like that??!! :) Would be kewl watching them drop from the sky like at St Mere Eglise (sp) and then have the german units blasting them as they come down in the middle of that town. ;)

I thought CM had some paradrop scenarios? They do start on the ground though, but animating the drop itself seems like a lot of extra work for fairly little benefit, given the number of battles that really involved them dropping _right on_ the enemy and fighting from the moment they hit the ground.

For sheer spectacle, just re-watch Band of Brothers. [;)]

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Stridor

Post by Stridor »

Engineers who build pontoon bridges across rivers. Small rubber rafts and being able to cross rivers in them like in that Market Garden movie "A Brigde too Far". ;) Oh Oh Oh an man you could really put Battlefront to shame if you could put in paratrooper units that can be dropped behind enemy lines and stuff like that??!! :) Would be kewl watching them drop from the sky like at St Mere Eglise (sp) and then have the german units blasting them as they come down in the middle of that town. ;)

It is possible to simulate air drops with the reinforcement system, however they don't float down from the sky [X(]
ravinhood

Post by ravinhood »

Awwwww cmon can't we have them float down from the sky? CMON! Geewiz! lol
quote:

Engineers who build pontoon bridges across rivers.

In what time scale?

Hrmmm, yeah didn't think of that, building a pontoon bridge could take "hours" right? ;) What about maybe with some link to the campaign in that same day like Stridor said could happen? Thus the initial battle is to give the engineers time to build the bridge, but, of course there could still be action trying to prevent them from doing so throughout the campaign???

ravinhood

Post by ravinhood »

Options for Obeying Fire Command Orders.

As suggested in another thread adding Fire Order Commands like "FIRM" for fire at target at all costs and "FIRE AT WILL" for giving the squad/unit more choices of fire options.

Mraah

Post by Mraah »

Options for Obeying Fire Command Orders.

As suggested in another thread adding Fire Order Commands like "FIRM" for fire at target at all costs and "FIRE AT WILL" for giving the squad/unit more choices of fire options.

I agree.

Also, since auto-targeting is based on taking a shot above "poor chance to hit", I'd like to have autotargetting apply another criteria ... "best chance to penetrate". I feel as though the AI exposes their AT Gun too soon when it shoots because of a "good hit chance" but frankly, it should fire when :

1. Good chance to hit
2. + good chance to penetrate.
3. = blows up.

Rob
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

This is already supported by the existing commands.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

ORIGINAL: Mraah
Also, since auto-targeting is based on taking a shot above "poor chance to hit", I'd like to have autotargetting apply another criteria ... "best chance to penetrate". I feel as though the AI exposes their AT Gun too soon when it shoots because of a "good hit chance" but frankly, it should fire when :

1. Good chance to hit
2. + good chance to penetrate.
3. = blows up.

It does consider penetration chance to a degree already, but we could make it emphasize that more. I would encourage folks to revisit all these suggestions after playing Kharkov for a while, which is indeed different from Winterstorm.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
ravinhood

Post by ravinhood »

Yeah emphasize that more in favor of the AI as we all know most AI's are such rollovers. Anything to make them a bit more challenging I'm all for. Glad to hear the FIRM fire orders commands are already in Kharkov that's gonna be great.

Return to “Panzer Command: Kharkov”