Maximum-Football 2.2 Update (March 15, 2008)

Maximum-Football 2.0 is the latest and greatest release from the acclaimed sports management video game studio, Wintervalley Software. Bringing a whole host of new features like full Xbox 360 controller support, full DirectX 9.0 utilization, and scores of other upgrades and improvements, Maximum-Football 2.0 delivers on gameplay and fun like a bullet pass through double coverage. Like its predecessor, Maximum-Football 2.0 allows players to experience the thrill of managing a team in any league!

Moderator: David Winter

David Winter

Maximum-Football 2.2 Update (March 15, 2008)

Post by David Winter »

Greetings.

This is just a quick note to let everyone know where version 2.2 stands.

Website.
The website at http://www.maximum-football.com has been given the phase 1 update. Meaning that the screen shot and FAQ pages have been updated to reflect version 2.2. The remainder of the pages still reflect version 2.0 as being the 'for sale' edition. It should probably say 2.1 but it's probably pointless to change that now. The Phase 2 update of the webpage will be done the day version 2.2 is released.

Graphically, version 2.2 has some minor improvements to the interface. No changes to the graphics of the 3D game play were made.

Migration.
Version 2.2 is an update to the 2.0 series of games. It will not be something you can install over the top of a version 1.0 series build and have it work. You must have version 2.0 (or 2.1) as your starting point.

After that, the update to version 2.2 is simply installing the update. When you run the game, the version should be 2.2.60 and you should see the new interface elements.

LEAGUES MUST BE RESET TO SEASON 1. Version 2.2 has a completely different statistical schema in the databases so any version of the game prior to 2.2 is no longer compatible. Your databases will be updated accordingly, but the data can not be. So you must reset your league.

To help with the migration process, version 2.2 has two different types of league reset. The default reset mode will wipe out all stats and game play results and all seasons and revert the game back to a state where you're ready to play season 1. All rosters and depth charts remain intact. This was done so those creating complex leagues with many players do not loose all their work.

The other reset mode is the traditional one you're used to. This wipes the databases completely clean of everything, including players and rosters. With this mode, only the league structure and team data remains and you start at season 0.

Release Date.
As I mention in other threads I really do prefer not to give release dates or target release dates. If something is found at the last moment and we need some additional time, some people get upset that the targets are missed. So it's best to just send it out when we're ready and surprise people.

That said, it will be before the end of March.

Thank you.
Again, as always, thank you for your support and your patronage. I'd guesstimate that 80% of the enhancements to version 2.2 came from the public forum. Not every one's requests are in this version unfortunately. And maybe the changes are not as extensive as some would like, but these are the things that could be done given the time allotted. I hope many people can say that "hey! there's that thing I asked for..."

Thank you again
David

"They're not dolls. They're action figures. Valuable Action figures!"
therhino

RE: Maximum-Football 2.2 Update (March 15, 2008)

Post by therhino »

Thanks David,
This sounds like a great update. The website looks good.
therhino
redwolf1

Post by redwolf1 »

David, am I right in my assumption that this (2.2.60) is the last full patch planned for the 2.0 game (with perhaps a small additional patch/hotfix to fix any little issues that may come up but missed in beta)?

Also, Marauders mentioned "months" for the 3.0 release...I'm thinking more like next spring. Would this be a bit more accurate for the overall ballpark plan? We are looking more like a year from now or so, right?

Thanks,

Red

David Winter

Post by David Winter »

David, am I right in my assumption that this (2.2.60) is the last full patch planned for the 2.0 game (with perhaps a small additional patch/hotfix to fix any little issues that may come up but missed in beta)?

I'd say that's a safe assumption.

A hot patch to fix crashes would be done if applicable.

I've thrown around the idea of a version 2.3 but that would be closer to an 'expansion' package I think than anything else. It would have additional stadiums with improved stadium graphics technologies and lighting plus maybe a small feature or two. It would be a paid update ($5 to $7. Something small like that).
Also, Marauders mentioned "months" for the 3.0 release...I'm thinking more like next spring. Would this be a bit more accurate for the overall ballpark plan? We are looking more like a year from now or so, right?

I think "months" is exceedingly conservative. 3.0 is a year away at the minimum. Or rather, I should say, it's a year away from the time I start working on it.

thanks
David

redwolf1

Post by redwolf1 »

David, I appreciate your frankness on this, thank you. [:)]

A possible cheap expansion with addition stadiums and improved stadium graphics technologies and lighting sounds very interesting...

garysorrell

Post by garysorrell »

Thats a fantastic idea. More stadiums alone would cause me to buy it. But Im on board for whatever.

And David should take a vacation after 2.2
David Winter

Post by David Winter »

ORIGINAL: garysorrell

Thats a fantastic idea. More stadiums alone would cause me to buy it. But Im on board for whatever.

And David should take a vacation after 2.2

Have you and Jennifer been talking to each other again??? [:D]
garysorrell

Post by garysorrell »

Come to Orlando and the wives can take the kids to Disney and we can sneak over to Sci-Fi City and look at Trek memorabilia
therhino

Post by therhino »

David,
Orlandos fine, but Hawai'i is looking nice right now. It has got to be better than Canada. Palm trees, beaches, and great surfing!
therhino
jdhalfrack

Post by jdhalfrack »

Come to Orlando and the wives can take the kids to Disney and we can sneak over to Sci-Fi City and look at Trek memorabilia
Wait, Trek memorabilia? Count me in! I love Star Trek! Well, except "Enterprise." That one kind of ruined the whole idea. Gene Roddenberry is pissed of in heaven because of that crap.

JD
[center]Image

Latest Max FB Databse Editor: Max FB Database Editor (v 1.7.0)[/center]
David Winter

Post by David Winter »

ORIGINAL: therhino

David,
Orlandos fine, but Hawai'i is looking nice right now. It has got to be better than Canada. Palm trees, beaches, and great surfing!
therhino

Vancouver is sunny and warm today. BC has the better scuba diving [;)]
therhino

Post by therhino »

I think the paid update thing sounds great. I would not have a problem if we paid for every update.
therhino
garysorrell

Post by garysorrell »

So you like Star Trek and Lost...JD, you are a fine individual [8D]

I liked Enterprise better than DS9.....but they are both bringing up the rear.
Jin was a MACO on Enterprise, Locke was a Captain in an Episode of TNG.

Now returning thread to 2.2 update
BigSmooth

Post by BigSmooth »

Wait...

Ok, now we can get back to the thread.
MjH

Post by MjH »

ORIGINAL: David Winter
That said, it will be before the end of March.

Next weekend (Easter) is a four-day weekend for some of us. A good time to put a new release through it's paces. hint hint. [:D]
hack153

Post by hack153 »

i'd pay for an expansion also!
UPFL is in the off season...
United Premier Football League
Scott_WAR

Post by Scott_WAR »

An expansion with little graphics things is something I personally wouldnt waste my time buying. Mainly becasue I am interested in the game of football and its mechanics, not the stadiums and graphics,.....I would get madden if I was looking for graphics. But there are others who will buy it, so it might be worth your time. Myself, if I really wanted staiums, etc,..I would just download them.

In my opnion your time would be best spent starting work on the next full version of the game. The next real step for this game is head to head single games, head to head matchups in league games, the option for GM functions, and all the things a lot of people wanted in the original version.

The way I see it, the sooner work begins on the next game, the sooner we buy the next game, the sooner money starts coming in.
DONMVP

Post by DONMVP »

i`d probally buy the expansion pack . Hopefully be able to change things in it to still make more customizable . I know people would like to see a stadium that a small college or high school might use .
DONMVP
Bobolini

Post by Bobolini »

I'd pay for the expansion pack! Great idea
simmer

Post by simmer »

I would also pay.

Return to “Maximum-Football 2.0”