New Version

PureSim Baseball is the ultimate baseball fan's toy, with support for both casual and hardcore baseball fans.

Moderator: puresimmer

dneely

New Version

Post by dneely »

Shaun:

How about an update from you about what is going on and anything you can tell us about the new version of PureSim?? I don't think we have heard much from you recently and since we are almost to mid-March I sure would like to hear about your plans, schedule and what we can look forward to in the new version???

Thanks!
DNeely

PureSim Vet
motnahp

RE: New Version

Post by motnahp »

It's been very quiet on this board the last couple of weeks, and Shaun has been sort of a phantom himself. He was ill recently, so I hope he's doing well. His last post was 2/15. I can't recall him ever being silent (or in stealth mode) for that length of time.

In the past, though, a long absence often has meant he is working on some huge update or release. I'll be more than happy to scrape the cobwebs off my credit card if that's the case.
"Better to sleep with old hen than pullet" - Redd Foxx
KG Erwin

Post by KG Erwin »

Is it possible that we could see PS 2009 before Opening Day 2008?
LetsPlay2

Post by LetsPlay2 »

We can olny hope !!  [:D]
LP2

dneely

Post by dneely »

Shaun:

A brief update or some idea what is going on would be much appreciated! With the recent silence my guess is we won't see 2009 before MLB begins. But I also hope we are not looking at a mid-summer release.....

Hopefully we will have an update very soon.
DNeely

PureSim Vet
dneely

Post by dneely »

Bump !
DNeely

PureSim Vet
puresimmer

Post by puresimmer »

Sorry guys, for a number of personal reasons, I have very little time for future releases of PureSim at this point. I do not have any projected release dates.

I guess I am back in semi-retirement for the time being.

Shaun
Developer, PureSim Baseball
KG Erwin

Post by KG Erwin »

That's fine, Shaun. The game is solid as is. Thanks for responding. Take care of yourself and your family. [&o]
Nukester

Post by Nukester »

Take care Shaun. The game is pretty good as it is. Good luck in the future, and Ill still swing by to see whats going on, and to talk about the game
dneely

Post by dneely »

I hate to be the one to say this but...........very disappointing!

We all hope things are going good and that Shaun is in good health.
DNeely

PureSim Vet
puresimmer

Post by puresimmer »

Good health!

Thanks for supporting PureSim!
Jestre

Post by Jestre »

I hope this doesn't have anything to do with the thread sometime ago about your feeling bad.
Bustoff

Post by Bustoff »

Part of me wants to be disappointed, but I can't make that trip. I keep hearing Ray Kinsella's words: The Man's Done Enough. If PS stays just like it is forever, I wouldn't mind.
"I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation." -- Satchel Paige

dneely

Post by dneely »

Bustoff:

I hate to disagree with you but I feel strongly that PureSim is SO CLOSE to being the ultimate baseball sim and I can't understand why Shaun is fired up and promising a new version one day and back in semi-retirement the next. We all have been a very loyal fan base and I think we deserve more unless Shaun is physically unable to work on the game.

If that sounds negative and harsh I'm sorry!! But I want this game to continue, to grow and for Shaun and Matrix to prosper. But that cannot happen if we are on one day and off the next.

Thanks
DNeely

PureSim Vet
puresimmer

Post by puresimmer »

ORIGINAL: dneely

Bustoff:

I hate to disagree with you but I feel strongly that PureSim is SO CLOSE to being the ultimate baseball sim and I can't understand why Shaun is fired up and promising a new version one day and back in semi-retirement the next. We all have been a very loyal fan base and I think we deserve more unless Shaun is physically unable to work on the game.

If that sounds negative and harsh I'm sorry!! But I want this game to continue, to grow and for Shaun and Matrix to prosper. But that cannot happen if we are on one day and off the next.

Thanks

Hey I never said PureSim was dead, only that I am back in semi-retirement for personal reasons. If I look back at PureSim 2007 and the number of patches and features I added post-release (almost 200), to me, you have gotten more than your money's worth. So, maybe I am a victim of wearing my heart on my sleeve here, but I will just have to ask you to be patient.

Shaun
motnahp

Post by motnahp »

Compared to other forms of entertainment, I have gotten WAY MORE than my money's worth from PureSim. The current edition is wonderful as is. Whenever you're ready to issue another release, I will buy it without hesitation.

That said, Shaun, by all means take care of your personal issues and come back strong when you're ready. I'll be here.

Rather than reply again, I'll just say my views run very close to parallel with KG's. Shaun, you have created something really great here and none of us want to see it end.
"Better to sleep with old hen than pullet" - Redd Foxx
therhino

Post by therhino »

Is PS 2007 the last one? I think I am going to buy the game, but not if this the final release.
therhino
KG Erwin

Post by KG Erwin »

Thanks for replying, Shaun. Of course we will be patient. I suppose my petition will be stillborn, so you can delete it.

Here's the thing -- you don't owe us any explanations, but we've heard this on-again off-again stuff before. You, perhaps unwittingly, leave your fanbase hanging on threads.

Whether you like it or not, we DO hang on your words. You are a rock star, of sorts, and that must make you feel uncomfortable.

All that means is that we love this game you've created. We're not gonna line up outside your door or anything like that LOL. I suppose successful game designers can be compared to popular authors. Your fan base is loyal, but always want more.

I'll just speak for myself -- I believe that you give when you're able to give. I can't demand anything from you. I accept this, and hope that the others will accept it, too.
puresimmer

Post by puresimmer »

ORIGINAL: KG Erwin

Thanks for replying, Shaun. Of course we will be patient. I suppose my petition will be stillborn, so you can delete it.

Here's the thing -- you don't owe us any explanations, but we've heard this on-again off-again stuff before. You, perhaps unwittingly, leave your fanbase hanging on threads.

Fair point there, I apologize for that. The on again off again stuff is really my fault. I just have lots going on in the work-life-not work-life balance area.

I hate how dramatic this all sounds, because it isn't. I was just trying to let you guys know I was not going to get to Puresim any time soon.

I would be happy to consider continuing to patch PS 2007.
LetsPlay2

Post by LetsPlay2 »

I would be happy to consider continuing to patch PS 2007

That would be great !  [&o][&o][&o]
LP2

Return to “PureSim Baseball”