pbem question

Empires in Arms is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. Empires in Arms is a seven player game of grand strategy set during the Napoleonic period of 1805-1815. The unit scale is corps level with full diplomatic options

Moderator: MOD_EIA

cato13

pbem question

Post by cato13 »

do people play this game with only 3 players involved instead of 7? it sure would increase the turns per week as thats the main thing thats puttin me off playin, that fact that it could take YEARS to finish a game.

by all account the AI aint the best right now but if its improved which im sure it will be then would that make a 3 player game feasable? france, britain and prussia spring to mind
Grognot

RE: pbem question

Post by Grognot »

I'm not sure how fun that would be for Prussia -- Prussia against a competent France, but an utterly incompetent Austria and a passive Russia isn't a great match.  Maybe Russia would be better -- the three can contest how they'll divide up the world.

I note that at least with the present version, it's possible to hex-edit AI setups which have far more troops than are technically legal -- the game doesn't seem to detect the discrepancy.  It might be slightly amusing to be facing an incompetently-led France with, say, a completely maxed-out army and heavy garrisons in most ports and capitals.
--
Not a grognard.
Not an optimizer. It's a game to me, not a job.
cato13

Post by cato13 »

yeah but what if gb and prussia teams up against france maybe that would balance things up! that was just an example anyway.

my main question is are there any other players who play with only 3 or 4 players or is everyone here in the hardcore camp of playin with 7 players and the game taking 2 years to finish?
Spartan07

Post by Spartan07 »

I would say dont be put off by the threat of not finishing a game. Once you get involved with a good group of people you will quickly realise just how much fun it is along the way...
Mike - Nego

Return to “Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815”