AI Step .....

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here. Post any Community Site Requests here as well.

Moderator: Vic

Tomcat

AI Step .....

Post by Tomcat »

I'm running 1.10L and WAW 27a which I modified so that US enters war in 1939. Runs fine until around 1941 when the AI starts churning endlessly. Once I let it run all night and after at least 8 hurs it was still running at AI Step 16,000 or so.

Any ideas what the problem might be?
Vic

RE: AI Step .....

Post by Vic »

not realy but if you have a savefile from which this behaviour is repeatable i can check it out.

if you do please send it to vic@xs4all.nl

kind regards,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
zook08

Post by zook08 »

The same thing happened to me (newest patch, Windows 2000). I'm playing the Axis in the WaW 27a scenario, and the first turns were fine. Then the AI took 6,000 steps (took some hours), then, at one time, 12,000. It dropped again to maybe 4,000, but still takes an hour or so.

I didn't create Vichy, the Soviets attacked me when I botched the Polish garrison. One thing that might be unusual in my game is that four British fleets were happily bombarding Danzig (Konigsberg?) at the time I took Denmark. With the Danish straits impassable to them, they're all trapped in the Baltic Sea. They sit next to this hex, but don't move anymore. They sea-attack Hamburg and the straits every turn, out of frustration I guess.

1) Could it be that the AI pathfinding gets stuck when there is no way out of the Baltic for the fleets?

2) What struck me as weird is that they attacked Konigsberg the very turn I built a cargo ship there, for the first time. No allied troops in the vicinity with recon poins on that hex. I don't say the AI is cheating, they could have sneaked a ship or sub along the coast and seen the cargo ship. Is the AI *that* smart that it patrols the coast, looking for targets?

3) Why does it sea-attack ports with no ships in them? They don't (and can't) hurt the garrisons.

BTW, I was very impressed when the British, after a few turns, showed up with an amphibious force and attempted to capture Kiel. That would have allowed their fleets to escape. I didn't expect the AI to figure that out and stick to a complicated multiple-turn plan.
zook08

Post by zook08 »

WaW 27a scenario, latest patch, AI+, mid-1941, AI step 20447 and counting.
Vic

Post by Vic »

I tried replaying the safefile from Clyde multiple times, upto 8 turns.. without being able to replicate.
I am thinking this issue might have to do with running out of RAM (switchfile is much much much slower).
The AI + Scenario in this large scenario takes a lot of more RAM use then a small scenario. About 200MB more as i can see now.
But to be honest that analysis is just my best guess.

I anybody else has a safefile from which this behaviour is always repeatable please send it to vic@xs4all.nl
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
zook08

Post by zook08 »

I have 512 MB and AT's Memory use in the process list was about 70 MB.

Return to “Advanced Tactics Support”