An online WWII Quiz...but...

Get ready to be trained, tested and put through the fire by your fellow gamers. If your are brave and looking for a challenge then this is the place for you.
terje439

An online WWII Quiz...but...

Post by terje439 »

If you get all correct on this one, you have either taken it before or your knowledge might not be just as great as you think...

Somewhat confused? If so good mission accomplished. The thing is, for a site that wants to make a place for itself within education there are indeed some strange answers in that test. See if you find any [;)]
"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")
Neilster

RE: An online WWII Quiz...but...

Post by Neilster »

I got 46 out of 50 but I think their answer was wrong for 3 of those...questions 4, 29, 46. I got #49 wrong because I was second guessing the quiz and didn't put my first choice.

Cheers, Neilster
Cheers, Neilster
SemperAugustus

Post by SemperAugustus »

The person who made the quiz doesn't seem to believe that the Soviets were included in the Allies...
terje439

Post by terje439 »

amongst other things he does not seem to know were the Battle of the Bulge took place either. And alot of those Qs have multiple answers that all are correct depending on how you see it.

And I had the same Neilster, same result same "incorrect" answers, although as you stated, 3 of the answers they orperate with are completely wrong :)

Kinda shows how much non-serious sites are out there tbh.
"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")
donkuchi19

Post by donkuchi19 »

I scored a 45 out of 50 but it should have been higher.

Question 4 - Norway and Denmark, I consider Western European countries which were invaded before France and Belgium

Question 13 - Depends on how you look at it - Italy was Germany's ally and so was helping not hurting

Question 29 - Japan lost 4 carriers but few other ships at Midway so it would have to be most of its carriers not most of its fleet

Question 31 - I goofed and added Stalin

Question 46 - The Battle of the Bulge was in the Ardennes in Belgium, not in Italy

My Score should have been 49/50 (really 50 if I hadn't goofed but oh well)
FredSanford3

Post by FredSanford3 »

46/50, but 4, 29, & 46 are indeed incorrectly keyed as already pointed out. I devined what the questioner "wanted" to get for an answer, but I agree that was a "values" question that I thought was inappropriate.  I missed the Tehran conference one, too, so I give myself a 49/50.

Getting back to whether the Italians "helped" or "hurt" the Germans, I'll posit that the Italians could have been an invaluable help to the Germans, had Hitler not been fixated on eastern Europe.  What if the Germans had decided to make a thrust into the imperial British "soft underbelly" via an Italian/Agean>Libya>Egypt>rest of M.E.>potential link up w/ Japan axis of advance? In that case, just Italy's geographical position alone, in allowing an Axis thrust in this direction, would have been a game-maker.

Post by 105mm Howitzer »

44/50...But with number 29 and 46 "wrong" ( where they were indeed historically correct), I should have had 46/50...
"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum" - Publius Renatus, 390 A.D.
Arkady

Post by Arkady »

question 44 is also wrong, French Mediteranean coast was invaded during August 1944 !
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

Question 14 is questionable, answer a is also feasable, nazi propaganda used option a)

Question 18 is imo wrong the central front had the bigest army and that was aimed at taking Moscow, it was after the great successes acomplished by Central Front armies and south front one getting bog down that their main impulse was diverted. Answer could be true for 1942, not '41.

Have my doubts also on question 27, though I don't say taht Midway was a hard blow to Japan, losing 4 carrieres and his experienced pilots. But Guadalcanal was also their Stalingrad.

Question 29, 44 and 46 are definetely wrong, as said above.

Question 44
GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI
wworld7

Post by wworld7 »

44 and I made an error with the Tehran conference. Other answers baffle me.

If Japan lost most of her navy in 1942 and Germany attacked during the battle of the bulge to CAPTURE pasta and pizza. I think the war should have been over sooner...

Silly test.
Flipper
Mobeer

Post by Mobeer »

Question 27 - I went for "(A) The Battle of the Coral Sea" as the turning point in the Pacific. Before this the Japanese were advancing. Then they failed to invade Port Moresby, after which the Allies were advancing.
rictavian

Post by rictavian »

Yeah, I agree, but #4 did say Western European and not Scandinavian. It fooled me too. But Midway and the Bulge answers are wrong.
Bogo Mil

Post by Bogo Mil »

The second major Alliied assault was in northern France, the first was in Italy.

The lack of experienced pilots was more critical than the fuel shortages most of the time, even in late '44 and early '45. Germany failed to build enough pilot school capacity, and thus it's pilots were so inexperienced, that the Allies got huge A2A kill ratios and operational losses were horrible, too. If the pilots were better trained, they were much more effective and thus the fuel they had would have been sufficient.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. (Benjamin Franklin)
panzers

Post by panzers »

I got 44. Obvious, the 3 in question I got wrong, 2 other were a read between the lines kind of question like what was Hitlers mainstrategy in Russia? Yeah, it was Moscow, but they did not mention whether it was beore the invasion or as events occurrred that is why I felt the answer was more appropriate for the Ukraine and southern Russia I.E. the caucusus. The other questionable ones were, since when was Norway not a part of Europe?,
And I didn't know there was a second major invasion in 1945, wasn't that an ongoing invasion?
Oh yeah, I got Italy's role in WWII. I find that one a little hard to belive, but I guess to some extent it was true but their role, ineffective at that, was to help Germany along the Medeteranian front while Hitler focussed eastward. Didn't think I was supposed to state the obvious.
I guess I was thinking it may have been southern France since I wasn't aware of a a second "major" invasion of Europe in 1945.
The one question I consider to have been 100% wrong was the last one. Conferences, conferences, conferences. They had many, so The one thing I knew was that Truman was at the potsdam conference, so I assumed that one to be the one to decide on post war Japan. I guess that opne must have been Yalta, but don't remember on that one
The Bubba

Post by The Bubba »

44 out of 50 :) I just sent this to my best friends to see if they can get it right :D
cantona2

Post by cantona2 »

44 out of 50 BUT, question 46 is wrong Wacht am Rhine did not take place in northern italy. I also debate question 29, Japan did not lose most of its Pacific Fleet at Midway, rather its carriers. Question 4, Operation Weserebung began in April whereas the attack on France did not begin until may, thats another wrong one which i got right but the damn quiz says im wrong. so in reality 47 out of 50 and ill also debate number 18 about what hitler regarded the most important area of russia. He did focus on the south during Blau, and only the massive encirclement at Kiev made him divert resources south in aug 41 BUT AGC was by far the most powerful army group for Barbarossa making central russia his main objective. Anyhow it was just a game
1966 was a great year for English Football...Eric was born

Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

46/50, but I am claiming 49/50 as I missed the Tehran Conference. To add to all the earlier queries about the answers, Q 18 is answered by Hitler's Directive 21 on the conduct of Barbarossa 'Only after the fulfilment of this first essential task, which must include the occupation of Leningrad and Kronstadt, will the attack be continued with the intention of occupying Moscow, an important center of communications and of the armaments industry.'. Southern Russia only became the main objective after the failure to win a quick victory in 1941, then required a battle for resources in 1942. The German deployment confirms this emphasis, as Army Group South did not have the power to move much beyond Kiev without the help of PZ Grp II from AG Centre.[:)]
"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon
gillmant

Post by gillmant »

46. Where did the Battle of the Bulge take place?

(A) The Ardennes Forest
(B) In northern Italy, near Milan -----Right answer...but wrong :)
(C) Normandy
(D) In northern Germany, near Hamburg

Crappy quiz...
//gil
The purpose of all war is peace.
- Saint Augustine, 354-430
Crazy Aido

Post by Crazy Aido »

The battle of the Bulge took place in Milan?

Right...

43 out of 50
War assumes human weakness, against this, it is directed.
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

The Battle of the Coral Sea was a unique naval battle in that.
(C) It was fought entirely with carrier-based aircraft

What? I believe several ships were lost in addition to planes. Did they not fight back against the aircraft?
All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer

Return to “Quizzes, Trivial and other Interesting Information”