Testers needed for next Forgotten Battle - Suwalki 1914

Post here if you are looking for an opponent to play against.

Moderators: JAMiAM, ralphtricky

Legun

Testers needed for next Forgotten Battle - Suwalki 1914

Post by Legun »

I'm looking for testers for fourth scenario of my Forgotten Battles set. "Suwalki 1914" is really forgotten battle fought in September-October between Russian 10th Army and German 8th Army. 60-90 units per side, infantry regiments and cavalry brigades, 30 turns.
A brief history:
The Germans had sent most of their forces from East Prussia as support for Austro-Hungarian ally just after victorious Battle of Masurian Lakes. Defeated Russian 1st Army had retreated to the Neman River. The only first line German Corps - I Army Corps - had reached the river and attempted to cross it to cut critical Russian railroad to Central Poland. Meanwhile a new Russian army - 10th - finished concentration between fortresses of Osowiec and Grodno. It consisted of four fresh corps - XXII(Finnish), II Caucasian, I Turkestan and III Siberian. It had important numerous adventage and started surprising attack on German flank. Fortunately for the Germans, flank corps of Russian 1st Army failed to create the second pincer. German divisions had abandoned their daring plan and had retread quickly to East Prussia border to face the danger. The Russians (exactly Finns, Georgians, Uzbeks, etc.) had recaptured border province of Suwalki, captured some POWs and guns, but wasn't able to invade East Prussia again.

The scenario has only historical timetable of reinforcements now. I would like to create a mechnism of alternated reinforcements, but I would like to see possible results of exactly historical settings.

I would like to find two players for a blind test and somebody who could play against me as the Russian Player (I would like to play as the German Player).
Ralph - please, give my the composite units!
http://www.tdg.nu/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1148781589
SunCat

RE: Testers needed for next Forgotten Battle - Suwalki 1914

Post by SunCat »

I can to take command over empire's Army.

My adress:
"suncat" at "sibmail.com"
Feci, quod potui, faciant meliora potentes...
Legun

Post by Legun »

Great! So, you get 3 Siberian rifle divisions under your command [:)]. I'll send you the scenario tonight.
SMK-at-work

Post by SMK-at-work »

Meum est propisitum in taberna mori
Legun

Post by Legun »

This is a relation of commander of Russian 10th Army:
http://www.grwar.ru/library/FlugVE/FL_1.html
Hyding

Post by Hyding »

ORIGINAL: Legun

For those of you gifted in Russian. Now why did I learn Chinese?
Legun

Post by Legun »

ORIGINAL: Narses

There are on-line translators, aren't they?
ColinWright

Post by ColinWright »

There are on-line translators, aren't they?

They work for deciding whether that '13,400' refers to the rifle strength of the twentieth corps on 15 May -- not much use for making sense out of a paragraph,let alone reading an article.
I am not Charlie Hebdo
Heldenkaiser

Post by Heldenkaiser »

Online translators indeed ...

This is what happens to the original first message in this thread if translated into German by Babelfish, back into English, repeat ...

"I look for inspection fixtures for fourth film script, my forgotten, adjusted battles. "Suwalki 1914" is cube really forgotten battle, cube in September October between Russe-10. Army and Deutsch-8. Army one fights. 60-90 units pro side, infantry regiments and Kavalleriebrigaden, 30 revolutions. A short history: Cubes Germans had sent right after cube most their forces of the East Prussia as support for Austro Hungarian allied one to victorious battle of Masurian lakes. Defeated Russe-1. Army had withdrawn to the Neman river. Die only first line German corps - I army corps - cave river had reached and had tried to cross it in order to cut critical Russian after railway central, Poland. Meanwhile a new Russian army - 10. - manufactures concentration between fortresses of Osowiec and Grodno. Four it consisted of fresh corps - XXII(Finnish), II Kaukasier, I Turkestan and III Siberian. It had important numerous automatic data processing-meets and begins to surprise attack on German flank. Fortunately for cubes, flank corps of the Russe-1 could do Germans. Army the second pin cerium do not cause. German departments had given their bold plan up and had to walk on to the edge of East Prussia fast again in order to confront cube danger. Cube Russian (exactly Finns, Georgians, Uzbeks, etc..) had again attained cube edge province of Suwalki, taken prisoner some POWs and rifles, but not in the that was to penetrate East Prussia again. The film script hat only historical schedule of reinforcement now. I would like to cause mechnism the changed reinforcement, but I would like to see possible results of the exactly historical attitudes. I would like to find two players for a blind test and someone, to cubes against me as, that, which Russian players (I would like as the German player to play) could play." [:'(]

Should anyone read German, I appreciate the German translation even more:

"Ich suche nach Kontrolle Befestigungen für vierten Filmindex, meinen vergessenen, justierten Schlachten. "Suwalki 1914" ist vergessene Schlacht des Würfels wirklich, Würfel im September Oktober zwischen Russe-10. Armee und Deutsch-8. Armee man kämpft. 60-90 Maßeinheiten Proseite, Infanterieregimente und Kavalleriebrigaden, 30 Revolutionen. Eine kurze Geschichte: Würfel-Deutsche hatten nach rechts nachdem Würfel die meisten ihre Kräfte des Ostpreußens als Unterstützung für Austro ungarisches verbündetes zur siegreichen Schlacht von Masurian Seen gesendet. Besiegtes Russe-1. Armee war zum Neman Fluß zurückgetreten. Erste Linie deutsches Korps - I Armeekorps des Würfels nur - Höhlefluß hatte erreicht und hatte versucht, ihn zu kreuzen, um kritischen Russen nach Bahnzentrale, Polen zu schneiden. Unterdessen eine neue russische Armee - 10. - stellt Konzentration zwischen Festungen von Osowiec und Grodno her. Vier bestand es aus frischem Korps - XXII(Finnish), II Kaukasier, I Turkestan und III Sibirier. Es hatte wichtige zahlreiche automatische Daten verarbeiten-trifft und anfängt, Angriff auf deutscher Flanke zu überraschen. Glücklicherweise für Würfel, konnte Flankekorps des Russe-1 Deutsche tun. Armee, die der zweite Stift Cer nicht verursachen. Deutsche Abteilungen hatten ihren fetten Plan oben gegeben und zum Rand von Ostpreußen wieder zwecks Würfelgefahr konfrontieren an schnell gehen mußten. Würfel-Russe (genau Finns, Georgians, Uzbeks, etc..) hatte wieder die Würfelrandprovinz von Suwalki erreicht, Gefangenem irgendein POWs genommen und Gewehren, aber nicht in, das Ostpreußen wieder eindringen sollte. Der historische Zeitplan des Filmindex-Hutes nur der Verstärkung jetzt. Ich möchte mechnism die geänderte Verstärkung verursachen, aber ich möchte mögliche Resultate der genau historischen Haltung sehen. Ich möchte zwei Spieler für einen blinden Test und jemand, zu den Würfeln gegen mich finden, wie, der, das russische Spieler (ich möchte als der deutsche Spieler spielen) spielen konnten."

I am sorry, I couldn't resist. [:D]
Veers

Post by Veers »

FUNNY! I went and did it a few more times, it just gets better and better. :D
To repeat history in a game is to be predictable.
If you wish to learn more about EA, feel free to pop over to the EA forums Europe Aflame Forums.
Heldenkaiser

Post by Heldenkaiser »

Yes, it's rather funny, especially when you go via several languages and back. Now I suppose you are Canadian, is that right?, but even our American friends might have a small problem recognizing the preambel of their declaration of independence once it's been run through some iterations of this process ... [:D]

"It supports this truth, is it obvious, is this still the caused up-sucked sums of people, supplies themselves it to you from its inventor, whom they cause for you directly untransferable that they are them duration, liberty and the task of the probability downward. That, rights of gjata to determine government by them arhj ' zetaj people and this their energy, which produces justes it, in order that its, which adjusted agreement it this, every time this probable form, which debits these the government of transforma in, they are which them destroy, it is this, by right of people for its change or for it suppresses new government, their lower surface in ejs such kanona ' lower surface arises, which their energy under this form the surplus, which, in the order, which probably begins them them, looks organizing, their urgency and the reason for probability sets. The difficulty of consideration SAMNESS effectively dlinniye of the government, which they would not produce terminated for reasons Rome for adjustment and lighting installation? and completely abgeschaffen shewn hath experience, this humanity corresponds to this, until, they suppress, the sufferable plokh, if the same is it, you, which you suffer right, forms, as nontaj vjw '. But, if dlinniy, is the sewn course of abuses and jdjopoji ' this, there the same article, practices it that it continuously into that endurances stopping, forwards, in order to decrease under absolute Despotism, its its right, it is, by his obligation for that, is, which it throws and for it into the new protection of the measure for the future urgency of its to such government puts it distant."

But I guess we ought to stop hijacking this thread. [8|]
Legun

Post by Legun »

ORIGINAL: Heldenkaiser

You don't. There is just a punishment - YOU MUST TEST THE SCENARIO![;)]
ColinWright

Post by ColinWright »

"...the sufferable plokh..."

Definitely a phrase to remember.
I am not Charlie Hebdo
Telumar

Post by Telumar »

rights of gjata to determine government by them arhj ' zetaj people and this their energy

I quite like this one...
"Ich suche nach Kontrolle Befestigungen für vierten Filmindex, meinen vergessenen, justierten Schlachten. "Suwalki 1914" ist vergessene Schlacht des Würfels wirklich, Würfel im September Oktober zwischen Russe-10. Armee und Deutsch-8. Armee man kämpft. 60-90 Maßeinheiten Proseite, Infanterieregimente und Kavalleriebrigaden, 30 Revolutionen. Eine kurze Geschichte: Würfel-Deutsche hatten nach rechts nachdem Würfel die meisten ihre Kräfte des Ostpreußens als Unterstützung für Austro ungarisches verbündetes zur siegreichen Schlacht von Masurian Seen gesendet. Besiegtes Russe-1. Armee war zum Neman Fluß zurückgetreten. Erste Linie deutsches Korps - I Armeekorps des Würfels nur - Höhlefluß hatte erreicht und hatte versucht, ihn zu kreuzen, um kritischen Russen nach Bahnzentrale, Polen zu schneiden. Unterdessen eine neue russische Armee - 10. - stellt Konzentration zwischen Festungen von Osowiec und Grodno her. Vier bestand es aus frischem Korps - XXII(Finnish), II Kaukasier, I Turkestan und III Sibirier. Es hatte wichtige zahlreiche automatische Daten verarbeiten-trifft und anfängt, Angriff auf deutscher Flanke zu überraschen. Glücklicherweise für Würfel, konnte Flankekorps des Russe-1 Deutsche tun. Armee, die der zweite Stift Cer nicht verursachen. Deutsche Abteilungen hatten ihren fetten Plan oben gegeben und zum Rand von Ostpreußen wieder zwecks Würfelgefahr konfrontieren an schnell gehen mußten. Würfel-Russe (genau Finns, Georgians, Uzbeks, etc..) hatte wieder die Würfelrandprovinz von Suwalki erreicht, Gefangenem irgendein POWs genommen und Gewehren, aber nicht in, das Ostpreußen wieder eindringen sollte. Der historische Zeitplan des Filmindex-Hutes nur der Verstärkung jetzt. Ich möchte mechnism die geänderte Verstärkung verursachen, aber ich möchte mögliche Resultate der genau historischen Haltung sehen. Ich möchte zwei Spieler für einen blinden Test und jemand, zu den Würfeln gegen mich finden, wie, der, das russische Spieler (ich möchte als der deutsche Spieler spielen) spielen konnten."

Lol..Dierk...am besten ist: "Der historische Zeitplan des Filmindex-Hutes"..aber der "Würfel-Russe" ist auch toll..und ich dachte Hütchenspieler wären meistens Albaner..

"Würfelrandprovinz".. [&o]
ColinWright

Post by ColinWright »

"...und ich dachte Hütchenspieler wären meistens Albaner..."

Sounds authentic. I'll have to try it out the next time I'm in Germany.
I am not Charlie Hebdo
Heldenkaiser

Post by Heldenkaiser »

ORIGINAL: Heldenkaiser

You don't. There is just a punishment - YOU MUST TEST THE SCENARIO![;)]

I suppose I could, as it seems rather small. Do you want to send me the files? heldenkaiser //AT// gmx //DOT// net.
Heldenkaiser

Post by Heldenkaiser »

Update: Telumar and I will test the scenario, if you like. If you want us to play blind, I suppose you should set it up and send us the .pbl file and the other files that are needed? Or whatever you prefer. [:)]
Legun

Post by Legun »

Thanks a lot! I've sent you the scenario. I would like to see you playing PBEM human vs human. You should know, that the German player has nothing to do in his turn 1. The turn is prepared for selection of TO alternating reinforcement. This is to give the Russian player an initiative at turn 1 and make him P2. I would like to get your pbl files and passwords to study a course of the battle.
SunCat

Post by SunCat »

ORIGINAL: Narses

Russian's joke:

Optimist learns English
Pessimist learns Chinese
Realist learns AK

[:D]
Feci, quod potui, faciant meliora potentes...
Telumar

Post by Telumar »

Thanks a lot! I've sent you the scenario. I would like to see you playing PBEM human vs human. You should know, that the German player has nothing to do in his turn 1. The turn is prepared for selection of TO alternating reinforcement. This is to give the Russian player an initiative at turn 1 and make him P2. I would like to get your pbl files and passwords to study a course of the battle.

Alright then. Then i would need your e-mail adress. Could you send me a mail to cariundel-at-yahoo-dot-de?

Return to “Opponents Wanted”