2008 MLB schedules?

This forum is for 3rd party developers to post enhancements for PureSim Baseball, such as stadium art, face packs, etc.

Moderator: puresimmer

GNDN

2008 MLB schedules?

Post by GNDN »

If I wanted a 2008 schedule for PureSim 2007, where would I go? Or, how do I create one? If those 2 options are not possible, is there a place I can get a schedule generator?

I see by searching that OOTP schedules will work but no one has yet mentioned where a new schedule is available.

If that fails, I will go grab some schedules from when the last expansion occured and use them going forward. Any pitfalls I should be aware of?

Thanks
Nobody leaves this place without singing the blues....
GNDN

RE: 2008 MLB schedules?

Post by GNDN »

Slight update:  I downloaded the retrosheet schedules, added 1998 to the mods folder under retrosheet.  I changed the named from 1998 to 2008 and tried to import.  PS liked the format but was unable to import.  I propbably should add that I just completed spring training, if that makes a difference.
LetsPlay2

Post by LetsPlay2 »

Hi GNDN

Have you tried Crash Davis's Utility ??

Go here - http://home.insightbb.com/~steven.lucey/crashdavis.html

Download the "PS_TEAMS"

Follow the instructions in the zip file

see if that helps
LP2

GNDN

Post by GNDN »

LP, I downloaded the utility and I think I see where I went wrong.  Actually, it is more like all the places I went wrong.

I figured it had to be a naming thing, so I picked 1998 since that was the year Arizona and Tampa joined the league.  However, since then, the Expos went poof and the Anaheim Angels became the LA Angels.  No WAS or LAA in my schedule, just MON & ANA. 

More importantly, I did not change the dates to 2008, I have them at 1998. 

Those are the reasons I do not program or make anything for a living.  It is just safer for all concerned.

Thanks for the pointer.
LetsPlay2

Post by LetsPlay2 »

You are very welcome !

I will second the programming deficiency !  [:-]

I stay away from that unless I can hit a button to fix all !!
LP2

GNDN

Post by GNDN »

OK, I appear to be at a new roadblock.  I modified the 1998 schedule from Retrosheet, made sure my teams names are all changed on the text pad.  I changed the year and made sure the days were properly lined up (3/31/08 = Monday, etc).  The file is in the retrosheet folder under mods.  I even used Crash's utility to make sure my team names were correct.

The new season still only has 1 game on 3/1/08 (there should be 11) but that one game is a valid 1998 game (Sea at Cle).  All the other games default back to the previous year's schedule.

Is the file in the wrong folder? 

No games missing, all have 162. I just checked.
LetsPlay2

Post by LetsPlay2 »

Make sure the "Force Lahman"  is correct as well in Crashs utility

LP2

GNDN

Post by GNDN »

The force lahman is correct also.  You know, I noticed an odd thing.  When I search on 2008 for year, I get no results.  2007 comes up just fine and that is where I verified my teams.  Should the scehdule file be called 2007SKED?

Return to “3rd Party Add-ons Area”