WWII: put it all together gary

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

bigred

WWII: put it all together gary

Post by bigred »

Hi Gary Grigsby. The question is when are you going to produce a WWII campaign that is multi-player, all fronts including the home front(production), where each theatre is give to an email player. And if the subordinate commander does a bad job, he can be replaced!

Use the UV format for the pacific and the old War in Russia format for the European theatre.

War in the Atlantic, War in the pacific, Air war over Europe, War in Russia, come on man, put it together and let us players pick our teams. We already know each other from the AAR forums.
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
ravinhood

RE: WWII: put it all together gary

Post by ravinhood »

And you have the money to give him to support all this? [:D]
WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?

Terminus

Post by Terminus »

And how many decades do you have to play this mythical monster game?[8|]
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
Canoerebel

Post by Canoerebel »

Come on, nothing wrong with wishful thinking!

Terminus, we can play it real time and it will only take about six years to finish, as long as we play 60/60/24/7/365.  That's roughly the same as WitP.
"Rats set fire to Mr. Cooper’s store in Fort Valley. No damage done." Columbus (Ga) Enquirer-Sun, October 2, 1880.
marcusm

Post by marcusm »

I would much rather see a new version of Kampfgruppe.

Or why not that obscure game Steel Panthers ;).
Deus Vult.
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

ORIGINAL: bigred

Hi Gary Grigsby. The question is when are you going to produce a WWII campaign that is multi-player, all fronts including the home front(production), where each theatre is give to an email player. And if the subordinate commander does a bad job, he can be replaced!

Use the UV format for the pacific and the old War in Russia format for the European theatre.

War in the Atlantic, War in the pacific, Air war over Europe, War in Russia, come on man, put it together and let us players pick our teams. We already know each other from the AAR forums.

True it would take over a decade to play a world wide game using the UV/WITP format but it would still be a killer game! [X(]
pad152

Post by pad152 »

True it would take over a decade to play a world wide game using the UV/WITP format but it would still be a killer game!

Yea, the first turn would take 5 years!

WIW (World in War) The only game you'll every need, because you'll be dead before completing it! [8|]
Halsey

Post by Halsey »

World in Flames

It's a work in progress adaption of the boardgame to computer.
ravinhood

Post by ravinhood »

Yeah I can't wait for World in Flames, but, I bet the AI suks in it. [&:]
WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?

Halsey

Post by Halsey »

[:D][:D][:D]

All AI's stink...[;)]
Fred98

Post by Fred98 »

ORIGINAL: ravinhood

So they have lost you as a customer.

In my case I only play PBEM and a game will take too long so thyr have lost me as wel!

-

Halsey

Post by Halsey »

I only play the AI to learn mechanics.[;)]

Then it's on to PBEM.
Nothing beats a human opponent when it comes to enjoying a game.
Though I know lots only play the AI.
Time restraints and such...
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

ORIGINAL: pad152
True it would take over a decade to play a world wide game using the UV/WITP format but it would still be a killer game!

Yea, the first turn would take 5 years!

WIW (World in War) The only game you'll every need, because you'll be dead before completing it! [8|]

Who could ask for more from life? Is there anything more to life??? [:D]
Neilster

Post by Neilster »

Actually, I know a fair bit about the AI development in this game and for a variety of reasons it is likely to be significantly better than the average but it appears you've already made up your mind.

Cheers, Neilster
Cheers, Neilster
ravinhood

Post by ravinhood »

Well I got Making History and the AI has it's fair moments in that, cept that Russia isn't very smart most of the time. AI Germany plays a decent game though. I play Argentina and make my way over to Europe and take my fair share pretty easily. Came in from the low countries this time and the boot of italy. That's why I don't particularly care for operational simulations, there's not a whole lot of difference in the campaign except the steamroller my country usually is. Tactical is best and random map and battle generators. That's what makes Combat Mission and Steel Panthers best in my book even with a fair AI these games provide a different game experience every time, while operational ones like World in Flames, Making History, the HOI's and the rest of them just really come out too much the same over n over. So, yeah probably a no buy for me anyways because it's operational and a simulation besides.

EDIT: I will probably pick up Kharkov though just for it's random battle generator feature. Those are about the only ones I can play anymore these days. Dominions III is great for those that like fantasy wargames with a random battle generator and up to 61 computer AI players to play against. ;)

Neilster

Post by Neilster »

Well I got Making History and the AI has it's fair moments in that, cept that Russia isn't very smart most of the time. AI Germany plays a decent game though. I play Argentina and make my way over to Europe and take my fair share pretty easily. Came in from the low countries this time and the boot of italy. That's why I don't particularly care for operational simulations, there's not a whole lot of difference in the campaign except the steamroller my country usually is. Tactical is best and random map and battle generators. That's what makes Combat Mission and Steel Panthers best in my book even with a fair AI these games provide a different game experience every time, while operational ones like World in Flames, Making History, the HOI's and the rest of them just really come out too much the same over n over. So, yeah probably a no buy for me anyways because it's operational and a simulation besides.

EDIT: I will probably pick up Kharkov though just for it's random battle generator feature. Those are about the only ones I can play anymore these days. Dominions III is great for those that like fantasy wargames with a random battle generator and up to 61 computer AI players to play against. ;)
World in Flames will be strategic level, not operational. I can assure you that military professionals make this distinction.

Cheers, Neilster
Cheers, Neilster
ezzler

Post by ezzler »

I couldn't imagine anything worse than this monster. War is Hell. And Hell is WITP.
Roll on WIF, show us how it should be done.

Return to “General Discussion”