HQ Icons (the other ones)

Post discussions and advice on TOAW scenario design here.

Moderators: ralphtricky, JAMiAM

Dr. Foo

HQ Icons (the other ones)

Post by Dr. Foo »

I understand the benefits of the HQ units but do the other icons that could be used for an HQ possess the same benefits.

Such as:

The checkered HQ icon,

the KG icon,

the CCA. CCB, CCC, CCR,

the BG, and TF icons.

Thank you.
*Warning: Dr. Foo is not an actual doctor.
Do not accept or follow any medical advice*
JAMiAM

RE: HQ Icons (the other ones)

Post by JAMiAM »

The checkered HQ icon, yes. The others, no.
cymloveselva

Post by cymloveselva »

ORIGINAL: Dr. Foo

I understand the benefits of the HQ units but do the other icons that could be used for an HQ possess the same benefits.

Such as:

The checkered HQ icon,

the KG icon,

the CCA. CCB, CCC, CCR,

the BG, and TF icons.

Thank you.

I wonder what's the difference between HQ icon, the KG icon, the CCA. CCB, CCC, CCR, the BG, and TF...
Someone (especially veteran) should know these well, right?[:)]
ColinWright

Post by ColinWright »

ORIGINAL: cymloveselva

Such as:

The checkered HQ icon,

the KG icon,

the CCA. CCB, CCC, CCR,

the BG, and TF icons.

Thank you.

I wonder what's the difference between HQ icon, the KG icon, the CCA. CCB, CCC, CCR, the BG, and TF...

HQ's -- real HQ's -- provide a 50% boost in supply to adjacent, fully cooperative units. They also increase the likelihood that such units will recover from being in reorganization (or maybe they have to actually be stacked with them to have the effect).

Ranged artillery in HQ's can fire at range. HQ's are more likely to be able to disengage. You can put supply and command squads in them and produce various effects. It'll do bad things to a formation if its HQ is destroyed -- I think it's more likely to go into reorganization.

None of these properties are true of the other symbols you mention. They're just more units as far as I know.
I am not Charlie Hebdo
cymloveselva

Post by cymloveselva »

ORIGINAL: ColinWright

ORIGINAL: cymloveselva

Such as:

The checkered HQ icon,

the KG icon,

the CCA. CCB, CCC, CCR,

the BG, and TF icons.

Thank you.

HQ's -- real HQ's -- provide a 50% boost in supply to adjacent, fully cooperative units. They also increase the likelihood that such units will recover from being in reorganization (or maybe they have to actually be stacked with them to have the effect).

Ranged artillery in HQ's can fire at range. HQ's are more likely to be able to disengage. You can put supply and command squads in them and produce various effects. It'll do bad things to a formation if its HQ is destroyed -- I think it's more likely to go into reorganization.

None of these properties are true of the other symbols you mention. They're just more units as far as I know.

Never know the purpose of having these "other" icon as well, I supposed...[:(]

Return to “Scenario Design”