deployment help

New Recruits check in here! Vets debate the fine points! Tactics discussion, FAQ and "how-to" help.
If you are new to the SP:WaW community post an introduction please!

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

elgato607

deployment help

Post by elgato607 »

ok this is really getting frustrating. i like this game more than winspwwII, however, the deployment during a long campaign is just to vauge. how do i know if i'm attacking or defending or meeting. i tried the trick to find the invis flags...yes flags are turned on in my prefes, on the battle map, but it doesnt tell me who controls them -- it just gives points. how do i know for sure what type of engagement i'm going to be having. i see in the mission details stuff like usmc vs jap delay...but who's delay and who's attacking is there some dead give away. i tried also to watch how many points the pc would give me for surplus, but that really was no help either. please i really would like to get this resolved so i can get into this game entirely...thanks...the cat
Alby

RE: deployment help

Post by Alby »

If it says USMC vs japanese delay, then the Japanese are delaying
otherwise would say USMC delay vs japanese advance or some such

elgato607

Post by elgato607 »

ok tried that...heres what it says in mission info all ways. usmc vs jap, then down at bottom of pop up it tells you mission type. said defend. i figured since it was usmc vs jap in title, then jap being last i assumed that the jap was on defend...it was me lol, so that theory is out as well. there has to be a difinitive way to tell who's doing waht for the mission durring a long wwii camp...
Alby

Post by Alby »

ORIGINAL: elgato607

ok tried that...heres what it says in mission info all ways. usmc vs jap, then down at bottom of pop up it tells you mission type. said defend. i figured since it was usmc vs jap in title, then jap being last i assumed that the jap was on defend...it was me lol, so that theory is out as well. there has to be a difinitive way to tell who's doing waht for the mission durring a long wwii camp...
If it tells you the mission is defend, then thats YOUR mission.
It wouldnt tell you the Japanese mission
[;)]

elgato607

Post by elgato607 »

oh thats interesting...i'll have to play it from that stand point and see what happens. i really like this version over the winspwwII i think its just a better game. the special forces is really kewl idea as far as them being able to deploy behind enemy lines and what not. i'll try that though and see how it goes. i'm still also working on a comfortable point level it seems as if 1000pts is good, but just short of a decent operation involving armor and arty units and such...thanks for the info alby =)
Adsi

deployment help - which side

Post by Adsi »

I too have a question in relation to deployment.

I still am unsure of deploment lines and which side i will deploy on.
I use random start and vic hex for battle.

The most recent battle i created was a pacific jungle map.
Since i was making the battle i thought i would deploy on the left side with the river but it turned out i deployed on the right side.

Is there a general rule to which side deployments are to be made.
Alby

Post by Alby »

oh thats interesting...i'll have to play it from that stand point and see what happens. i really like this version over the winspwwII i think its just a better game. the special forces is really kewl idea as far as them being able to deploy behind enemy lines and what not. i'll try that though and see how it goes. i'm still also working on a comfortable point level it seems as if 1000pts is good, but just short of a decent operation involving armor and arty units and such...thanks for the info alby =)
Have you tried the Enhanced version of SPWAW?

Alby

RE: deployment help - which side

Post by Alby »

ORIGINAL: Adsi

I too have a question in relation to deployment.

I still am unsure of deploment lines and which side i will deploy on.
I use random start and vic hex for battle.

The most recent battle i created was a pacific jungle map.
Since i was making the battle i thought i would deploy on the left side with the river but it turned out i deployed on the right side.

Is there a general rule to which side deployments are to be made.
generally year and place will tell you which direction you are going to be on, for instance facing the Russians as Germans you will most likely be on the left, if facing USA in 1944 you would be on the right..etc etc... its gets a little trickey in the pacific however.

Adsi

Post by Adsi »

Greetings and salutations, Alby,

that link you posted was a success. Thanx.

I honestly could not believe that links could expire. (i was rather furious).

I am still trying to find that page, you posted the link to, without using your link.

I downloaded the enh mod but have not installed yet, due to a current pbem game that i have started with an oponent.
I am considering a copy of the matrix folder one with the mod one without cause i am very much in need of seeing the enh version.
I am a little unnerved about this cause i am not sure if the installed mod will show in add remove programs and if it does and i switch folders, would be corrupted.

Is there a site where i can download a bunch of just maps to play on without the scenarios?
I downloaded the Jan 08 map list thinking this would be it, but i opened the xls file and there was not any links.

Something elso to do with deployment. During deployment i may place a tank or truck on a hex on the battlefront and scroll around the map a while then when i go back to that area the tanks and or trucks are destroyed. I havent finished deploying yet.
I suspect this is from pre scenario battles (left over mines).

How might i add a script to the bottom of post?

Alby

Post by Alby »

Greetings and salutations, Alby,

that link you posted was a success. Thanx.

I honestly could not believe that links could expire. (i was rather furious).

that main page at spwaw.com is way out of date last time I looked. Sorry I have nothing to do with that page, or updating it.

I am still trying to find that page, you posted the link to, without using your link.

which page?
this one.
SPWAW ENHANCED FORUM

I downloaded the enh mod but have not installed yet, due to a current pbem game that i have started with an oponent.
I am considering a copy of the matrix folder one with the mod one without cause i am very much in need of seeing the enh version.
I am a little unnerved about this cause i am not sure if the installed mod will show in add remove programs and if it does and i switch folders, would be corrupted.

you can install the mod at anytime,to look at it then uninstall it to finish your pbem game
you use modswap, it 'swaps' the mod in and out whenever you liek
click the link I posted above to read up more on enhanced and how to install it.

Is there a site where i can download a bunch of just maps to play on without the scenarios?
I downloaded the Jan 08 map list thinking this would be it, but i opened the xls file and there was not any links.

The SPWAW Depot

Something elso to do with deployment. During deployment i may place a tank or truck on a hex on the battlefront and scroll around the map a while then when i go back to that area the tanks and or trucks are destroyed. I havent finished deploying yet.
I suspect this is from pre scenario battles (left over mines).

This sounds like a campaign, when your destroyed units from the previous battle get placed on the map, the 'blow up' so to speak.

How might i add a script to the bottom of post?

A script??
Hope this helps
[:)]

Adsi

deployment help -script

Post by Adsi »

How do i add my own quote to the bottom of my posts?
I click add siganture but that does nothing.

THnx once again.
chief

RE: deployment help -script

Post by chief »

Adsi: Go to "My Profile" (at top of this page), add your own signature. Then when you check add signature it should come up.  Good Hunting 
"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief
Adsi

Post by Adsi »

Greetings chief and salutations.

[>:]
Adsi

Post by Adsi »

Testing,
I am expecting the avatar to show.

If not i duely appreciate some advice.

This i have checked 'my profile' and chosen an avatar and checked to show avatar but as before it did not show.
Alby

Post by Alby »

Testing,
I am expecting the avatar to show.

If not i duely appreciate some advice.

This i have checked 'my profile' and chosen an avatar and checked to show avatar but as before it did not show.
I see an avatar

chief

Post by chief »

I see an avatar and a signature quote....(gatling gun and "as I grit....etc.)

Good show, heh what ?

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief
elgato607

Post by elgato607 »

ok that worked thanks =)
Alby

Post by Alby »

ok that worked thanks =)

what worked?

Adsi

Post by Adsi »

Good morning chief an Alby.

The avatar works and the signature is there too.
I feel much better now after a nice long sleep knowing that im a Matrix Recruit.
Gosh i feel good about this.

Oh. Chief, that sleepy head represent me, it means i was very tired and unable to chat, i havent been sleeping well lately.
It really is an honour to be able to communicate with you guys.
It gives me a 'light headed' feeling. Shucks.

[:'(]

Thanks again guys.

[:)]

Im all set except for the enh mod patches.

2. SPWaW ENHANCED DV / DVRN "100 fix" Patch
3. SPWaW ENHANCED "USMC" Patch
4. SPWaW ENHANCED DV / DVRN "GE" Patch

I have searched for these in Albys new enhanced forum site but cant find them.
Are you waiting to move the files over to there, im pretty sure ive browsed through the whole forum.

I hope these files are harder to find so i dont seem like such a dependant for links.

I guess this is a sort of deployment question, well theorise with me:
I need the enh mod patches to install the mod, to choose a battle, to purchase units to deploy.

[;)]

Peace out.

Adsi

Post by Adsi »

O.K. What did you think i meant?
Chief.

I can obviously see a smart alec proposal on my bahalf.

Therefore i chasllenge you to a duel.

Pacific jungle.

U.S. vs Australian.

With no xpress of interest with my elders but to me only.

5000 points.

Lets have it.

Patch enh mod vr ( not regulare names).
(Its the first one i downloaded.)!

Post pbem too: jobresults_adam@hotmail.com

Return to “SP:WaW Training Center”