Naval Bug in naval Combat

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderator: MOD_EIA

dauphan129

Naval Bug in naval Combat

Post by dauphan129 »

During Land Combat I as Britain noticed Gibraltar had a yellow box around it. I clicked it and France and i had a Naval Combat in the port with the wind gage and everything. Great Britain won wind gage (they were blockaded) and won the battle. I did not leave the port though and am still Blockaded.
Attachments
AFLAME.sav.zip
(201.52 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
ecn1

RE: Naval Bug in naval Combat

Post by ecn1 »

just to clarify, it was during naval combat, not land combat
Marshall Ellis

Post by Marshall Ellis »

I can see the results. Was this a port attack by France?
Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

ecn1

Post by ecn1 »

No,

This was NOT a port attack by France....GB was the phasing player, and attacked the French blockading ships in the blockade box from the port. Not by moving into the port, but by selecting the french stack and attacking it during the naval combat phase as if both france and GB were in a same sea area. that is how GB got wind guage.

This should be possible. blockaded ships should not be able to select blockade fleets and attack them from port without mobing into the blockade box on their movement phase

erik
dauphan129

Post by dauphan129 »

No. It was a port attack by GB. I was Blockaded by France. After I finished Naval Moves it went into Naval Combat and Portugal was outlined yellow. I clicked on it and it attacked France Fleets in a Port Battle but didn't use the port guns (I think it didn't use the port guns anyway).
ecn1

Post by ecn1 »

Jus to clarify Marshall:

This was an attack by GB fleets against French Fleets.
GB was blockaded, and phasing player.
GB Completed Naval movement, and then in naval combat turn, it attacked the fleets blockading it from the port (without moving out of the port) - which should NOT be possible. and the computer treated it like a sea combat, where wind guage was rolled, etc...

erik

Return to “Tech Support”