New Alliance feature in next patch?

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

BULLDOGINTHEUK

New Alliance feature in next patch?

Post by BULLDOGINTHEUK »

Although nations can offer peace or goto war with each other it would be nice if proper alliances could be formed. At the moment Alliances are formed through chatting via private mails but allies cannot see each other's units or enter each others territory. Also exchanging technogogies would be good.

Not sure how difficult this would be to change or if enough people think this is a good idea?
seille

RE: New Alliance feature in next patch?

Post by seille »

It was already asked for (allies moving thru the same territory) and Vic said he´ll think about, but i´m sure this is very hard to implement
and he would have to dive deep into the AT engine for doing that.
I hope he´ll find a way to code this, but i´m pessimistic here overall that it´s possible.
BULLDOGINTHEUK

Post by BULLDOGINTHEUK »

Yes I imagine it would be hard to code having another nations units in your territory, having to think about supply, transferring units, etc.[/align] [/align]Just another thing for Vic to toss and turn in his bed at night thinking about how to improve his beautiful baby that AT is [:D][/align] [/align] [/align] [/align]
T_K

Post by T_K »

At least shared vision?...
Vic

Post by Vic »

I hope to implement this sort of alliances in future AT versions, but not in any upcomming patches. 
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
BULLDOGINTHEUK

Post by BULLDOGINTHEUK »

I appreciate that this would be a large undertaking. The game is great anyway! Any hints on what you are working on next Vic [:)]?[/align]
Vic

Post by Vic »

yes it would. it changes a lot of things if different regimes can occupy the same hex. However it will also allow for great variations in gameplay.

And about projects.. I'll start working on "Advanced Tactics 1.5" (working title) in march. But i am juggling time with another still "top secret" project too.

kind regards,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
BULLDOGINTHEUK

Post by BULLDOGINTHEUK »

Good luck in your efforts. If it is anything like AT or PT then it will get my vote [;)]

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”