closed

Post here to meet players for PBM games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

modrow

closed

Post by modrow »

Hi all,

I am looking for a new opponent... my full campaign PBEM as Allies died in late May 42 due to my opponent's computer crashing; the SOPAC PBEM I was playing as IJN was stopped this morning in mutual agreement, because we had both managed to wreck our CVs sufficiently that any offensive action of any side would have gone without air cover on our front line. I lost my CVs first (something that seems to happen to me frequently) , but my Betties and Nells celebrated a payback day some weeks later...

So far I have been playing stock only, but I am open for experiments if someone walks me through installation of mods and explains the major changes (I guess this could be done by link as well).

I do not consider myself a really good player, so feel free to chose me if you want to administer a spanking or if you feel you want to start PBEMming (which is LOTS of fun)...

In PBEMs, so far I have been playing the Gualdecanal scenario as Allies and IJN and SOPAC as IJN; partly more than once. I will play any of these scenarios as any side.

I have played the full campaign as Allies only and do not feel fit to take over IJN starting from day 1. So I am willing to play this scenario as Allied only.

However, if no JFB is willing to play the campaing, I could imagine doing the Mid42 to 43 grand campaign scenario (so if I wreck Jap economy, this will not be too bad) as Allies or IJN.

House rules are negotiable. I tend to like PDU on, but with restrictions for the Allied side with respect to conversion to 4Es. Also, I am in favour of restricting Allied use of PT boats.

I can live with very ahistoric approaches, but can play historically as well - to my best knowledge. I am not an expert in history of the war in the pacific, so if I stray away from history this may always be because I don't know to what use of some unit was restricted historically.

Re. turn rates: assuming we start a campaign game, I guess I should be able to do 3-5 turns between Monday and Friday plus the same number during the weekend - unless I am out of town, what happens from time to time. I am from Germany and work long hours frequently, my slots for playing during the week are late evening and early morning.

Ok, lots of talk... I hope there are any takers... feel free to post or pm me.

Looking forward to a game

Hartwig
marky

RE: Looking for opponent

Post by marky »

i got time for another game[:D]

wat say ye?
modrow

Still looking...

Post by modrow »

I have taken on Marky in the Gualdecanal scenario, but am still looking for a game on the full map... as Allies from scratch, as IJN starting May'42...

Still no takers [&:]

Hartwig
modrow

CLOSED NOW

Post by modrow »

Hi everyone,
I got all the games I can presently handle now - thanks !
Hartwig

Return to “Opponents wanted”