Future Support?

Starshatter: The Gathering Storm extends the classic space sim by combining fighter and starship combat in a single dynamic campaign game.
reaper2040

Future Support?

Post by reaper2040 »

Specifically:

Will the 5.02a patch that added TIR support, but caused game breaking CTD's be revised?

I love the game, but as a "space" fighter sim, TIR support (that works) is dearly missed!
wdboyd

RE: Future Support?

Post by wdboyd »

Hi,

Have you obtained the Starshatter profile for the updated TrackIR software? That has reportedly cleared problems up for some.

Go to www.naturalpoint.com.

Check out their forum under Games of Interest.

Based upon my brief search, there is a patch for the game and TrackIR software.
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils!"
reaper2040

Post by reaper2040 »

wdboyd-
The only patch I am aware of that enables TIR functionality in Starshatter is the beta 5.02a patch. I have searched the Natural Point website and forums and AFAIK, there is no Natural Point "patch" or other update for TIR specific to Starshatter. Since the 5.02a patch causes CTD's, it is ultimately not usable (I have re-installed Starshatter several times and found that it works for a short time with the 5.02a patch, then crashes on every mission).

This is frustrating because when I re-install Starshatter and apply the 5.02a patch, the game is perfect. TIR works excellent (small graphic stutters aside) and all missions are available. Unfortunately, at some point this ends and selecting any mission causes a CTD.
wdboyd

Post by wdboyd »

[:(]
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils!"

Return to “Starshatter: The Gathering Storm”