Icon Question

Do YOU have what it takes to run a country? Democracy starts with you in the role of President (or Prime Minister) of a modern country. Choose from twelve real countries, ranging from the United States to Australia. The object of the game is to stay in power as long as possible while pursuing policies that will turn your country into your definition of a utopia.
Wrathchild

Icon Question

Post by Wrathchild »

Why are some of the circles with exclamation points pulsing while others are just sitting there? What is the significance of that?
J.G. Wrathchild, Manager, St. Louis Cardinals (1900-1906), Brooklyn Superbas (1907, 1908)
Adraeth

RE: Icon Question

Post by Adraeth »

Those circles are the major problems your Government has to face. For istance a StreeGang, or a Pollution or an Epidemic. Those problems can't be directly affected, but you have to manage policies trying to solve the problems.
www.histwar.fr/
---
Periods i like: age of muskets, napoleonics, modern combat.
Dobey455

Post by Dobey455 »

ORIGINAL: Adraeth Montecuccoli

Those circles are the major problems your Government has to face. For istance a StreeGang, or a Pollution or an Epidemic. Those problems can't be directly affected, but you have to manage policies trying to solve the problems.

They are not only problems. You may also have several strong advantages in those circles, such as "High Productivity" or "Technological Advantage"
Wrathchild

Post by Wrathchild »

I understand the basic of what they are, but what I'm trying to figure out is why some of them are blinking/pulsing while others are not. There must be some significance to that. 
J.G. Wrathchild, Manager, St. Louis Cardinals (1900-1906), Brooklyn Superbas (1907, 1908)
SireChaos

Post by SireChaos »

ORIGINAL: Wrathchild

I understand the basic of what they are, but what I'm trying to figure out is why some of them are blinking/pulsing while others are not. There must be some significance to that. 

I think that pulsating exclamation mark icons are problems that are getting worse (or at least not getting better). Problems that are getting better, and positive conditions, just sit there.
Wrathchild

Post by Wrathchild »

Ok, that makes sense. I thought it might indicate some sort of urgency or something but I wasn't sure.

Return to “Democracy”