Province Management Questions

Crown of Glory: Europe in the Age of Napoleon, the player controls one of the crowned potentates of Europe in the Napoleonic Era, wielding authority over his nation's military strategy, economic development, diplomatic relations, and social organization. It is a very thorough simulation of the entire Napoleonic Era - spanning from 1799 to 1820, from the dockyards in Lisbon to the frozen wastes of Holy Mother Russia.

Moderators: ericbabe, Gil R.

Marshall Thomas

Province Management Questions

Post by Marshall Thomas »

I'm playing my first scenario (as Prussia; 1792 campaign). I've read the manual and the Raleigh guides. I just wanted to ask a couple of questions to see if I'm on the right track.

Is it a reasonable goal to expect a province improvement to be under construction in all of your provinces, at all times? Or at least most of the time?

Does allocating production towards developement effect the resource cost of province improvements?

Is there any "carry over" if you allocate more than the minimum developement level for a certain number of turns? For example, if a provincial improvement is to be finished in two turns -should you always have the minimum allocation to developement for completion in two turns, as any more would be totally wasted unless it increased completion to one turn?

Are each of your provinces limited to a single trade route? Is it usually advantageous to have a trade route for each province? Or at least all port provinces? Thanks in advance
0360-1275-8904-8300
jimwinsor

RE: Province Management Questions

Post by jimwinsor »

"Is it a reasonable goal to expect a province improvement to be under construction in all of your provinces, at all times? Or at least most of the time?"

I think that depends on your style of play (ie, builder vs conquerer).

"Does allocating production towards developement effect the resource cost of province improvements?"

No. Just speeds it up, I think.

"Is there any "carry over" if you allocate more than the minimum developement level for a certain number of turns? For example, if a provincial improvement is to be finished in two turns -should you always have the minimum allocation to developement for completion in two turns, as any more would be totally wasted unless it increased completion to one turn? "

I think it would be "wasted" in that hypothetical, yes.

"Are each of your provinces limited to a single trade route? Is it usually advantageous to have a trade route for each province? Or at least all port provinces? Thanks in advance "

Hmmm, I can't recall if there are such limits on trade routes, but trade is generally a good thing; a great way to get the stuff you lack, in exchange for the stuff you have in excess. Beyond that, I don't think trade has any other beneficial effect on a province...although ports generate trade fees, IIRC.
Streaming as "Grognerd" at https://www.twitch.tv/grognerd

Return to “Crown of Glory”