Issues that were addressed in 1.01b and 1.02

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderator: MOD_EIA

Grognot

How am I playing Portugal?

Post by Grognot »

This is one of three two-player PBEM games being played in parallel. I'm *supposed* to be playing France, but...

See the unedited screenshot.

All three parallel games were started with the 1.01 beta -- Great Britain vs. France. I've been loading three games in sequence (Austria and Prussia; GB and France; and Spain and Turkey. All involve the same e-mail addresses. Are there possible corruption issues if we don't close/restart the program between games?
Attachments
portugal.jpg
portugal.jpg (231.77 KiB) Viewed 109 times
--
Not a grognard.
Not an optimizer. It's a game to me, not a job.
Marshall Ellis

RE: How am I playing Portugal?

Post by Marshall Ellis »

Can you send me the game along with the turn file that made Portugal active?
Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

Grognot

RE: How am I playing Portugal?

Post by Grognot »

File sent via IM.  I also have the two incoming .pbm files for the last exchange that game, if they'd help.

In the previous land phase, there'd been multi-corps (both sides) combat between my forces and the Prussian AI, if that matters.
--
Not a grognard.
joshua_dk

RE: Reporting Bugs (as of v.1.01)

Post by joshua_dk »

(Repost with attachment, thanks sw30 for explaining to me how to do this)

AI canot find path

this bug seems to still exist.

I am loading a save from a 1.00 game, I tried loading it in 1.01 and I still get the error message when I press "End current Phase" button.

Maybe the bug has been fixed so as not to be able to occur in a 1.01 game, but I was under the impression that I would be able to load the save in a 1.01 game and continue the game after that.

Regards,
Joshua

Attachments
Ai_canot_find_Path.zip
(240.2 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
yammahoper

Post by yammahoper »

While playing Ru, and after a long, long fight, Fr surrendered...except Fr keeps surrendering to Fr. All conditions are applied against Fr, but I gain nothing. Fr even loses 8pp and gains 5pp.

I am playing with 1.01 patch, which is probably obvious since I posting in this thread.

Also, cannot always garrison citys full during reinforcement. Very weird.

yamma
Attachments
russianhard.sav.zip
(328.85 KiB) Not downloaded yet
...nothing is more chaotic than a battle won...
ecn1

RE: Reporting Bugs (as of v.1.01) - Bavaria Movement Not Increased Under French Control

Post by ecn1 »

Hi All

Okay, this is the 3RD bug from 1.0 that was supposedly fixed in 1.01 patch

I am france, got Bavaria as minor free state, and its infrantry corp movement is still "3", not "4"

I know you guys are working hard on this, but the point of the patch was to fix bugs, and so far ottoman morale not fixed, ships disappearing from blockade battles not fixed, and now movement of french minors not fixed....sort of depressing

let me know if you want the saved game file

erik
Monadman

RE: Reporting Bugs (as of v.1.01) - Bavaria Movement Not Increased Under French Control

Post by Monadman »

ORIGINAL: ecn1

Hi All

Okay, this is the 3RD bug from 1.0 that was supposedly fixed in 1.01 patch

I am france, got Bavaria as minor free state, and its infrantry corp movement is still "3", not "4"

I know you guys are working hard on this, but the point of the patch was to fix bugs, and so far ottoman morale not fixed, ships disappearing from blockade battles not fixed, and now movement of french minors not fixed....sort of depressing

let me know if you want the saved game file

erik

erik,

1.01 is a public beta patch and not an official release.

Bavaria will only get the increase MA if a component of a French controlled Confederation of the Rhine. You do not have the EiANW addendum yet so refer to EiA 11.5.2.1 for explanation.

The components of Turkish controlled OE morale boost was only a partial fix – our bad – that allowed component corps to move with the morale boost but they are going into battle with the older morale (#102-LC1 LAND COMBAT PHASE)

The blockade battles where fleets were disappearing was a complex code bug that was fixed under certain conditions but not all (obviously). There was another report and another fix was made (#102- N5 NAVAL PHASE).

We hope to have 1.02 in your hands soon.

Thanks

Richard

delatbabel

Post by delatbabel »

ORIGINAL: Monadman
erik,

1.01 is a public beta patch and not an official release.
We hope to have 1.02 in your hands soon.

Thanks

Richard

Does this mean that there will not be a "final" 1.01 patch release but that the next patch release will in fact be 1.02?
--
Del
Jimmer

Post by Jimmer »

You might want to break this into a separate thread for each phase. That might keep it from getting too long.

Anyhow, in the manual, on page 28, the entry for Portugal has the columns switched for starting forces (first war vs. later wars).
At LAST! The greatest campaign board game of all time is finally available for the PC. Can my old heart stand the strain?
zenmaster

RE: France Surrenders to Herself!!!!

Post by zenmaster »

I'm seeing serious "Surrender Issues" in patch 1.01.

Frequently countries are surrendering to another country repeatedly when clearly they can't be at war after the 1st surrender.  (Month after Month)
Countries are surrendering for no reason.  (Example - Russian Surrendering to France when France does not have a single corp outside of France proper.)

I saw France Surrender to England a few months into the game w/o any English forces in France............
yammahoper

Post by yammahoper »

ORIGINAL: zenmaster

I'm seeing serious "Surrender Issues" in patch 1.01.

Frequently countries are surrendering to another country repeatedly when clearly they can't be at war after the 1st surrender.  (Month after Month)
Countries are surrendering for no reason.  (Example - Russian Surrendering to France when France does not have a single corp outside of France proper.)

I saw France Surrender to England a few months into the game w/o any English forces in France............

Ditto this. France surrendered to itself several times in a row and absolutely decimated itself, allowing me as Ru to beat out a surrender, except Fr would always surrender to itself and not me. I solved this by surrendering to Fr. After that, every three months or so Au would surrender to Fr, which was really weird.

Nothing like a beta release to remember why I back up anything I apply a beta release too!

yamma
...nothing is more chaotic than a battle won...
Grognot

Post by Grognot »

A second of the three-games-in-parallel I'm in has gone corrupt -- this time, the other (Austrian, here) player has been inexplicably taken over by Hard AI.  Turn files are still being generated as per a normal PBEM game, it's just by the AI.  Happened after the Austrian player sent me the diplomacy files.

1.01 beta (started there).
--
Not a grognard.
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

Russian land phase. I go to View Current Surrender Settings and get a spurious error, "Unable to insert a line." I'm able to proceed by clicking it and making it go away. I have a save if needed.

Attachments
Russia2.jpg
Russia2.jpg (109.17 KiB) Viewed 108 times
Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer
Pans

Post by Pans »

Hi Richard,

I´m not sure if this is a bug but I get the same output from the random numbers generated during forage. I was playing the french against AI.
Please look at my attachment

Andreas
Attachments
EiA.txt
(9.42 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
WJPalmer1

Post by WJPalmer1 »

Trade Display Error -

Just noticed that when running the cursor over the "Trade" icon within the National Statistics box for Britain, the values received by Britain and its trade partners seem to be reversed. Also, it would be great if the display could remain up a few seconds longer!

Attachments
EiATradeexample.jpg
EiATradeexample.jpg (229.63 KiB) Viewed 108 times
WJPalmer1

Post by WJPalmer1 »

Duplicate Map Area #'s

There are two sea areas carrying designation 702. They are adjacent to each other in the Baltic: One borders Karlskrona (Sweden) and the other is off Konigsberg (Prussia).
AresMars

Map Area Numbers

Post by AresMars »

Speaking of Map Area numbers....

Would it be possible for Matrix to provide a GIF copy of the EIANW map with the area number designations for PBEM diplomacy?

Here is a draft copy that might be able to help your Graphics department....

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/eih/files/EIHv5.gif
gwheelock

RE: Map Area Numbers

Post by gwheelock »

Add to this - how about a Printable (for use in HOTSEAT games)/email attachable copy.

Copy needs to be able to include/exclude (when generated) :
o  Political Control
o  Depots
o  Corp/Leaders
o (am I missing anything?)

Guy
Grognot

Conquered minor -> FS stand up

Post by Grognot »

When a conquered minor is returned to Free State status, the minor presently gets the ships existing at the time of conquest (good), but not any troops (bad).

Ex. -- my Turkish troops facing an Egyptian deployment excessively NE in the Sinai merely went around them and eliminated the 2i garrison in Cairo.  The Egyptian corps stood there, and Egypt became Turkish conquered.   When Turkey granted them FS status, I got exactly zero Egyptian troops as reinforcements.  They couldn't have starved to death unless they burned their MP moving in circles, I think (Jan -- war and seizure of Cairo; Feb -- Egypt falls.  Max twice forage, 2 supply zone, +1 on roll for winter/native country, max loss without movement = 2x (roll 6 + 2 winter -1 home -2 supply -3 movement) = 4), and they didn't move to a town to garrison it and then stand down the garrison and vaporize the empty corps (just sat there).
--
Not a grognard.
delatbabel

RE: Conquered minor -> FS stand up

Post by delatbabel »

ORIGINAL: Grognot

When a conquered minor is returned to Free State status, the minor presently gets the ships existing at the time of conquest (good), but not any troops (bad).

Ex. -- my Turkish troops facing an Egyptian deployment excessively NE in the Sinai merely went around them and eliminated the 2i garrison in Cairo. The Egyptian corps stood there, and Egypt became Turkish conquered. When Turkey granted them FS status, I got exactly zero Egyptian troops as reinforcements. They couldn't have starved to death unless they burned their MP moving in circles, I think (Jan -- war and seizure of Cairo; Feb -- Egypt falls. Max twice forage, 2 supply zone, +1 on roll for winter/native country, max loss without movement = 2x (roll 6 + 2 winter -1 home -2 supply -3 movement) = 4), and they didn't move to a town to garrison it and then stand down the garrison and vaporize the empty corps (just sat there).

That it how it is supposed to work. When a minor is defeated the ships stay in the fleets but the army vanishes. Check the rules.
--
Del

Return to “Tech Support”