1792 Scenario: Best Empire Building Scenario?

Crown of Glory: Europe in the Age of Napoleon, the player controls one of the crowned potentates of Europe in the Napoleonic Era, wielding authority over his nation's military strategy, economic development, diplomatic relations, and social organization. It is a very thorough simulation of the entire Napoleonic Era - spanning from 1799 to 1820, from the dockyards in Lisbon to the frozen wastes of Holy Mother Russia.

Moderators: Gil R., ericbabe

Marshall Thomas

1792 Scenario: Best Empire Building Scenario?

Post by Marshall Thomas »

Is the 1792 scenario considered to be the best scenario for economic developement, as you have 23 years to reap the benefits of long term economic investments?

I'm a new player, but it seems as though the 1792 scenario could be called the "Grand Campaign" of CoG. Many have called CoG an empire-building game (not just a war/diplomacy game), and I guess that the scenario with the most amount of years is best suited for "empire-building".

Why is the 1805 scenario called the standard campaign? Is it because most people think of Austurlitz as Napoleon's zenith?

By the way, if I choose the 1792 scenario as my first for CoG -what's a good nation to play as for a beginner to become familar with the basics? Is the 1792 scenario an O.K. choice for my first game? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance
0360-1275-8904-8300
Spechtmeise

RE: 1792 Scenario: Best Empire Building Scenario?

Post by Spechtmeise »

I am currently playing the 1792 scenario as Sweden. Playing Sweden you have a few years developing your economy and building your army before you, say, attack Denmark.
Just Because I'm Paranoid Doesn't Mean They're Not Out to Get Me!
Ironclad

Post by Ironclad »

The 1805 scenario was the one that the game developers particularly focused on when designing the game. Some things that work for the standard are more exaggerated in the longer campaigns eg armies becoming too large.

The 1792 scenario remains my preferred scenario as France is less dominant giving other powers a better chance, there is plenty of scope for development and its length helps recovery from any mishaps. As I mentioned on your earlier thread, Sweden and Russia are useful countries to choose when starting out. They have decent troops (once a few essential upgrades are obtained) and are not thrust into the main action early on - unless by owner choice. Russia is a particular favourite for its size and position combined with its plentiful development opportunities.
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

We did give a special emphasis on testing/game balance to the 1805 Scenario.  The 1805 Scenario also, I think, is the first properly Napoleonic Era scenario -- 1792 was still more of the wars of the French Revolution.
Gem35

Post by Gem35 »

I always enjoy playing Sweden as a beginner because of it's smaller size and strategic position relative to France. You need to be wary of Russia though. You can't trade blows with her early on.
It doesn't make any sense, Admiral. Were we better than the Japanese or just luckier?

[center]Image[/center]
[center]Banner By Feurer Krieg[/center]

Return to “Crown of Glory”