worst movies ever!

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

morvwilson

worst movies ever!

Post by morvwilson »

In another thread it was suggested that "Battle of the Bulge" was the worst movie ever.
After thinking about this for a while, I think I have to disagree.
What about "Wind Talkers"?
Or some of those Italian "Hercules" movies?
There has to be some other movies that are worse than those I have mentioned.
http://www.outskirtspress.com/Feud_MichaelWilson

Courage is not measured by the presence of fear, but by what a person does when they are scared!
Sarge

RE: worst movies ever!

Post by Sarge »

Patton,! worse piece of ……………..Jk

Are we talking Holly weird ? If so I would say Windtalkers ranks right up there with anything someone puts out there .

Totally unrealistic, the only sober Marine was the Indian [:D]
trojan58

Post by trojan58 »

Pearl Harbour......utter Rubbish
There are two types of ships in the world

Submarines and Targets

D.B.F
jwilkerson

Post by jwilkerson »

Pearl Harbor certainly tops my list ... Alexander is a close second ...

AE Project Lead
New Game Project Lead
lancerunolfsson

Post by lancerunolfsson »

Can anybody actually say what the worst movie ever, was? There are a lot of movies I turn off within 10 minutes of starting them. How could I possibly know which of these is the worst of those?

FWIW
Just watching the trailers convinced me to not even rent Alexander and Pearl Harbor
If you are near Medford Oregon Check out,

http://lancerunolfsson.googlepages.com/home
(Also some free Downloadable Miniature Rules and a Free Downloadable 7YW Board Game)
Veldor

Post by Veldor »

Well according to rotten tomatoes the worst reviewed movie of all time by far is "Ballistic: Ecks Vs. Sever" the 2002 action flick starring Antonia Banderas and Lucy Liu.

It claims that status because 102 professional critics all gave it a thumbs down... Not a single critic gave it a positive review.

This has never been achieved before or since for anywhere even remotely near 100+ reviewers.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/ballist ... _vs_sever/

Plenty of people liked Pearl Harbor. In fact loads of people did. Just because it had major historical innacuracies and an ill-conceived love triangle doesn't mean the average non-historically-obsessed movie goeor won't love it. At the very least its visual eye candy lifts it above being the worst movie of all time. Not even remotely saying its great but nowhere near the worst.
Doggie

Post by Doggie »

Independence Day was the stupidist thing I have ever seen.[8|]
wworld7

Post by wworld7 »

Well youhave to watch the entire movie to make a fair judgement.

"Deep Star Six" is my choice.

Horrible movie.
Flipper
morvwilson

Post by morvwilson »

ORIGINAL: Doggie

Independence Day was the stupidist thing I have ever seen.[8|]
Now, doggie
Are you going to try to tell me that "Independence Day" was worse than "Pearl Harbor" or "Wind Talkers"?

At least there was a drunk to keep things some what entertaining in ID![:'(]

At this point what I am having a hard time with is which movie was worse, "Pearl Harbor" or "Wind Talkers". [&:]
http://www.outskirtspress.com/Feud_MichaelWilson

Courage is not measured by the presence of fear, but by what a person does when they are scared!
JudgeDredd

Post by JudgeDredd »

I think Wind Talkers was utter tripe.

Besides, Battle of the Bulge was crap "with hindsight"...meaning when I first watched it I loved it...but being a little wiser, more knowledgable about the battle being portrayed as well as tactics makes me see it in a different light.

I don't think producers and directors have an excuse nowadays.

I also hated Pearl Harbor...but that's because I went to see it looking for a new Tora!Tora!Tora! with all the glory that CGI could offer to a remake of that classic...I was sorely disappointed. I've heard people say once they've watched it a second time, they liked it...I'd rather spoon my eyes out.
Alba gu' brath
leastonh1

Post by leastonh1 »

Off the top of my head:
Pulp Fiction
- OMFG!! What a pile of dog doo doo that was. Awful film.
Troy - I couldn't get past halfway with this one. Terrible acting and the script was dire.

JD - I didn't notice your "list" until now!!!
2nd Lt. George Rice: Looks like you guys are going to be surrounded.
Richard Winters: We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded.
JudgeDredd

Post by JudgeDredd »

Jim

It was a childish response to another child, but I kind of like it now. I can't see it growing much...I've been on here for 4 or more years and I've only met one.

And I LOVED Pulp Fiction. It was a legend of a film [&o]
Alba gu' brath
BlackSunshine

Post by BlackSunshine »

ORIGINAL: Jim_H

Pulp Fiction - OMFG!! What a pile of dog doo doo that was. Awful film.

I have to respectfully disagree here. This is one of my all time favorites. Great writing, and excellent soundtrack, numerous plot twists AND throw in Samuel L. Jackson as a "bad mo****f****r" and youve got a classic.
leastonh1

Post by leastonh1 »

Yeah, I've seen that other list and had a good laugh at it. I must confess to agreeing with one of his though. It's someone who seems to be very good at arguing for the sake of it, ignoring responses and misquoting to score points. I'm not the only one who's had a run in with them either, so at least it's not just me [:)]

Everyone I know loved Pulp Fiction. And that's why I still wonder what I missed about the film. Oh well. I absolutely loved Lady in the Water by M. Night Shyamalan, yet it got slated in reviews and most of my friends hated it. Go figure!
Richard Winters: We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded.
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

So far, what I remember seen, Starcrash is worst. I didn't watch it to end though, becouse at the time I had better things to do.
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
Reiryc

Post by Reiryc »

ORIGINAL: Jim_H

Yeah, I've seen that other list and had a good laugh at it. I must confess to agreeing with one of his though. It's someone who seems to be very good at arguing for the sake of it, ignoring responses and misquoting to score points. I'm not the only one who's had a run in with them either, so at least it's not just me [:)]

I'd guess that's number 4 on the list, but I could be wrong... [;)]
Everyone I know loved Pulp Fiction. And that's why I still wonder what I missed about the film. Oh well. I absolutely loved Lady in the Water by M. Night Shyamalan, yet it got slated in reviews and most of my friends hated it. Go figure!

I liked pulp fiction because it was different yet still accessible. Sometimes movies are so weird that I just lose interest.

I'd put wind talkers up there as one of the worst... what made it so bad for me was that it was trying to be a real war movie and that's what made it so much more pathetic.
BlackSunshine

Post by BlackSunshine »

I never really liked Good Morning Vietnam for some reason.  Also, add Master and Commander: Far side of the world into this as well.
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

omg, Master and Commander may be the BEST movie in its genre, Why? The relationships between the officers, the junior officers men of the gun crews, and the MAster and sergion are developed in greeat detail, with a great score and riviting drama.. just to show U to each his own lol!!!

I especially like how real the scenes are as my house shakes under the subwoofers roar of cannon!

"Tanks forward"
leastonh1

Post by leastonh1 »

ORIGINAL: Reiryc
I'd guess that's number 4 on the list, but I could be wrong... [;)]
You could also be right! [;)]
ORIGINAL: Reiryc
I liked pulp fiction because it was different yet still accessible. Sometimes movies are so weird that I just lose interest.
I think it was too weird. I just didn't get the film at all and it never clicked with me.
Yogi the Great

Post by Yogi the Great »

Quite a few years ago "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" was voted worst movie of all time.  Then again it is one of those movies that is so bad, it can be fun to watch.
Hooked Since AH Gettysburg

Return to “General Discussion”