Nubsauce Deluxe -- European Diplomacy

Post here to meet players for MP games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess.

Moderator: Vic

all5n

Nubsauce Deluxe -- European Diplomacy

Post by all5n »

-- THE GAME IS FULL --

A new game of European Diplomacy is starting soon!

SCENARIO FILE NAME: European Diplomacy v2.pt2
REQUIRED GAME VERSION: 1.10k
GAME OPTIONS SELECTED:
FOG OF WAR
ANTI-SUPPLY
START AT WAR
ALLOW MAKING PEACE
ALLOW ACTION CARDS
ANTI PBEM CHEAT
PASSWORDS
UP TO 9 PLAYERS

IF YOU WISH TO PLAY:
Please send a PM to me with the following information:
Country preference list: (more = better chance of getting in the game)
Public e-mail address: (this will be shared with everyone in the game)

Once all the slots are full I will send the first turn to Germany, and the game will begin.

Countries will be assigned on a First-Come-First-Serve Basis! To ensure a spot, please be flexible with your requests. If all the countries you request are taken, you may not get a spot in the game!

TURN ORDER AND ASSIGNMENT:
1. Germany - T_K
2. Italy - All5n
3. Balkans - waichou
4. France - BULLDOGINTHEUK
5. Britain - Grymme
6. Russia - yoggi75
7. Turkey - Barthheart
8. Spain - jjdenver
9. Scandinavia - Delyn Locksmiths

NOTE: A public e-mail address is required by all players. If you dont have one that you feel comfortable sharing please create one at one of the many free e-mail services (gmail.com, yahoo.com, etc.).

Each player will receive their turn from the previous player in the list via e-mail address and send the turn to the next person in the list upon completion of their turn.

Quitting early is frowned upon, and repeating this act may result in lowered reputation and lack of admittance in future games.

ALLIANCES, WARS, DIPLOMACY, and BACKSTABBING are highly encouraged to make for an interesting game.

(New Game Template v0.01)
all5n

RE: European Diplomacy

Post by all5n »

5 Spots still open.
all5n

Post by all5n »

3 spots still open.
T_K

Post by T_K »

Ein Volk-Ein Reich-Ein Fuehrer for me please?

Is it just me or are half the players the same as the "noobs" game [:D]
Grymme

Post by Grymme »

I dont know if its the right tactic to let people choose which nations to play. Maybe not a coincidence that France and Germany aint been chosen.

Never mind... hmm... how is diplomacy handled...by email? Have never played an *PBEM game before... but lets give it a try i can try to Rule Brittania if no one has opted for it yet....

My Advanced Tactics Mod page
http://atgscenarios.wordpress.com

30+ scenarios, maps and mods for AT and AT:G
all5n

Post by all5n »

one spot left
Grymme

Post by Grymme »

So,,, hmmm...since i havent played PBM before....what do i do when i get the file from previous player. Is it a savegame file that i load, should i start a new game or what? How does it work?

I have actually played the game 20 or so times, so im no noob on the game mechanics,, just when it comes to the PBEM part.

waichou

Post by waichou »

Do you know how to make screenshots ? It would be fun to write an After action report !
all5n

Post by all5n »

Once your turn is mailed to you you should open it using the "open saved game" interface from the main menu.

The first turn it will ask you to enter a password (dont forget it), and then it will ask for your password so your turn can begin.

Play your turn.

When you click the "End Turn" button and the start message for the next player is up, click the "save and close" button. Save the file using an appropriate filename and e-mail it to the person whose turn it is next.
ORIGINAL: Grymme

So,,, hmmm...since i havent played PBM before....what do i do when i get the file from previous player. Is it a savegame file that i load, should i start a new game or what? How does it work?

I have actually played the game 20 or so times, so im no noob on the game mechanics,, just when it comes to the PBEM part.

all5n

Post by all5n »

T_K please PM me your e-mail address.
Barthheart

Post by Barthheart »

ORIGINAL: waichou

Do you know how to make screenshots ? It would be fun to write an After action report !

You can do two things:

If all5n selects the screen shot option before starting the game then in you Advanced Tactics\bin\screenshots directory there will be two full map pics for each turn - Start and End. Then just use any graphics editor to markup as you like.

Or you can use the printscreen function and paste into MSPaint. Or there are other third party screen capture software out there to use.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
Barthheart

Post by Barthheart »

all5n,

We need a name for this game so AAR's can be told apart from the other three Diplomacy games... [:)]
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
SlowHand

Post by SlowHand »

To differentiate it from the NNs ED game (Nine Noobs Eurpean Dysfunctional Diplomacy) you mean?

How about NJANNDG* Euro Dips Game?

* "Not Just Another Nine-Noob European Diplomacy Game"

SlowHand (who is one of the NNs)
all5n

Post by all5n »

Check your e-mail people, i have sent out the e-mail list if you wish to use that for diplomacy instead of PMs.
BULLDOGINTHEUK

Post by BULLDOGINTHEUK »

Let the mayhem commence [:)]

I'm open to any peace deals if someone fancies France as a friend?
Barthheart

Post by Barthheart »

How many cases of wine are in the offering?
all5n

Post by all5n »

When you feel that you have had enough political machinations, please post that you are ready for the game to begin.

I will begin by stating that Italy is ready!
Barthheart

Post by Barthheart »

Political intrigue never ends, but the Turkish Empire is ready to meet Destiny and Fate at the victory table!

Barthheart
Imperial Leader and Chief of Armed Forces
yoggi75

Post by yoggi75 »

Fire at will, starting the game that is, not attacking Russian forces, mind you! [:)]

"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."

Voltaire
Grymme

Post by Grymme »

We the representativs of his majesty Queen Victoria XVIII are ready to commence play.

Ready and eager. Much diplomatic post have gone away, in the underhanded sneaky way typical of the british empire :)

I can begin imediatly. Maybe you can just start the first turn, send it to Germany and se how far it goes....

Sincerely etc.

Return to “Opponents Wanted”