SPWAW Modern Mod?

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

ACGSteve

SPWAW Modern Mod?

Post by ACGSteve »

Does a mod for SPWAW exist that simulates modern-day combat?

Or has anybody modified existing unit and troop files to represent modern-day units, such as US Rangers or Iraqi insurgents?
Oldguard1970

RE: SPWAW Modern Mod?

Post by Oldguard1970 »

Sharpnel Games offers one of the offshoots of the original Steel Panthers. The have a modern OOB version here:

http://www.shrapnelgames.com/SPCamo/wSPMBT/1.htm

I am not sure how modern the oob is. It at least covers up to the end of the 1980's. I doubt that it covers the last five years, but I could be wrong. Some of the users might have tried to be as active as the fine company of SPWAW players and modders.

"Rangers Lead the Way!"
FlashfyreSP

Post by FlashfyreSP »

WinSPMBT covers post-WWII to the near future (2020 or so). The OOBs have units the represent almost every combatant of today, allowing for gameplaying of "current events".
ImageImage
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

ORIGINAL: FlashfyreSP

WinSPMBT covers post-WWII to the near future (2020 or so).
That's right. Future version releases might even push few years further. Starting year for WinSPMBT is 1950, and first scenario in Korea of that year is one Hell of the ride!
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
sami heimola

Post by sami heimola »

^ A little correction:starting year is 1946. And ending year is 2020.

junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

I would like to see a SPWAW post 1949 version.

WinSP and SPWAW are mods of two different games and play like two different games. I play them all and enjoy them all.

Someone posted a screenshot of the Matrix forums from years ago in the general forum. It listed a forum for SP the Nam. Anybody know what happened to that?
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
Alby

Post by Alby »

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

WinSP and SPWAW are mods of two different games and play like two different games. I play them all and enjoy them all.

Someone posted a screenshot of the Matrix forums from years ago in the general forum. It listed a forum for SP the Nam. Anybody know what happened to that?
I think that used sp3 didnt it?

junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

ORIGINAL: Alby

I think that used sp3 didnt it?

Since SPWAW used SPIII I would assume the Nam did too. My question is did it convert SPIII platoon level to squad, as in SPWAW, and did it ever make it to the public?

I would like a squad level game with the gameplay of SPWAW set in post 1949.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
ACGSteve

Post by ACGSteve »

Well I've downloaded WinSP and played it, and I've gotta say that I really enjoy the SPWAW gameplay much more. There's just so much more depth, it's more comprehensive, and the graphics are much better (I don't need 3D graphics for this type of game, just one's that look clean and semi-realistic).

If a SPWAW modern mod was created, I'd be so delighted I wouldn't even know what to do with myself lol.
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Welcome back and welcome to the forums.

I see your posts re: maps. There is lots of help and info at The Depot

www.spwaw.com

and Alby's Enhanced forum (currently under repair)
Alby

Post by Alby »

Welcome back and welcome to the forums.

I see your posts re: maps. There is lots of help and info at The Depot

www.spwaw.com

and Alby's Enhanced forum (currently under repair)
not "Repair", its under "upgrade"
[:D]

Whitmire

Post by Whitmire »

So when is it up again? I have pressing business there. ;)
Alby

Post by Alby »

ORIGINAL: Whitmire

So when is it up again? I have pressing business there. ;)
The Enhanced forum is up.

Whitmire

Post by Whitmire »

Looks like the Depot's lost my password or something like that. I had to ask it to send me a new password, but my email box is still empty (it's not even in my Junkbox), and I requested a new password more than six hours ago. Great!
Alby

Post by Alby »

Looks like the Depot's lost my password or something like that. I had to ask it to send me a new password, but my email box is still empty (it's not even in my Junkbox), and I requested a new password more than six hours ago. Great!
they are going thru a server change over, so might take awhile

Whitmire

Post by Whitmire »

Call me anxious, but the problem persists: the Depot won't send me an email with my password despite three attempts now, and it's been several days. I even tried registering with another name and another email account, but I've still to receive the confirmation with my password.

Unfortunately I don't know who and how to contact in the Depot so that I could get my account back.
Alby

Post by Alby »

Call me anxious, but the problem persists: the Depot won't send me an email with my password despite three attempts now, and it's been several days. I even tried registering with another name and another email account, but I've still to receive the confirmation with my password.

Unfortunately I don't know who and how to contact in the Depot so that I could get my account back.
well Goblin who is a moderator here, is an admin at the depot he could help, but I will pass along the message over there.

Alby

Post by Alby »

the depot said this...

"Yes, he got the activation email.  He sent me a copy of it.
 He just never clicked the activation link and the account got deleted.

I sent him an email telling him to reapply.

Oh, and the mail server sends out email in batches, every 15 minutes."

so re-apply I guess
[:)]

Whitmire

Post by Whitmire »

Umm, I wonder who he's been exchanging emails with? I haven't received any email, and I certainly have not sent him a copy. I didn't even know that Goblin was the moderator. :D

I think the problem is that my email address is banned from the forum with the new changes, which means that I can't get the reactivation email despite my requests. The last reactivation email I got from the forum was on 14 November 2007, when I wanted a new password (after a long hiatus from SPWAW.com).

Well, a few days ago I tried registering a new account, Whitmire2, using my only email address that isn't banned from the forum (as all hotmail and gmail addresses are), but I've still to receive the activation email AND the reactivation email I requested about an hour ago. So looks like I'm stuck without an account for the time being.

But I bet Goblin was talking about somebody else. I do believe I'd have at least some recollection of sending a copy to him, or then the stress from finishing my Master's thesis has rotted my brains completely!

EDIT: Yee haw! I just received the reactivation email I requested for Whitmire2. I now have an account. Thanks for the help!

(I have a feeling that the new forum doesn't allow scands (öäå) in the password, because my new password wasn't working. I had to ask for another one, but I received the email in less than a minute, so everything is working now - apart from me losing my first account!)
Alby

Post by Alby »

That was Bernie who said you sent him and email, not Gobby
[:)]

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”