A very humble question...

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

pauk

A very humble question...

Post by pauk »

...from me

Does Japan gets any units if Allies land at Home Islands before (prior?) 1945?
Andy Mac

RE: A very humble question...

Post by Andy Mac »

Not yet but it is my intent to do so I need to speak to Kereguelen about which units would be involved (probably Militia Divs)

There are 10 slots reserved for this but as will allied invasion reinforcements I am not certain it will make release but the code should be the same for both sides so we will build ORBAT assuming it does happen if not at release as soon as possible afterwards

In this case what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Unlike Allies it is unlikely these will be 'new' units from other theatres but will probably acceleration of units due to arrive later
pauk

Post by pauk »

Yes, that should be Militia divisions...or divisions at 50 % (not fixed!) strength.
Kereguelen

Post by Kereguelen »

ORIGINAL: pauk

...from me

Does Japan gets any units if Allies land at Home Islands before (prior?) 1945?

Short answer: Currently not. We've given the Japanese their historical forces arriving at their historical formation dates at the time they were historically formed.

That is: The Japanese Home Defence divisions (as well as the Home Defence Ind. Mixed Brigades that were not in WITP) are not activated by some triggering event anymore, they arrive as ordinary reinforcements. Considering that the Japanese 'militia' was not activated before 1945 in WITP and most Home Defense divisions and IMB's were formed in early 1945 this change should not have a real impact on the game.

Please note the following: The late-war Home Defence divisions and brigades were not really militia forces but belonged to the regular army. But they were composed of men who had received no military training before enlisted (they were to receive their training when assigned to the divisions). Most of the Home Defense divisions and brigades had no artillery or engineers and had TOE's that were quite different from ordinary divisions (much weaker).

But: Japan starts the game with five Infantry Groups in the Home Islands that eventually upgrade to regular divisions. These were reserve formations ('Yobi Eki') that had mobilized before the (Pacific) war started. Those groups have no artillery or engineers, only infantry. And there are some infantry divisions that form in 1944 that were intended for home defense.
Andy Mac

Post by Andy Mac »

Ah this is me not talking to my team sorry Pauk - I have requested the functionality be put in for Japan as well as the allies.

It will be down to K to decide if he uses it or not for the master scenario.

The trigger will be set up similar to that for the allies i.e. it wont cover all areas much like the Indian one only triggers North of Delhi.

I expect the Japanese one to be only the two main Japanese HI but this is still being discussed.

So I am not going to have the debate on the forum until we know where we want to go with it.
pauk

Post by pauk »

Hi guys, thanks for the answers!

I think that "triggering" should work for both sides.
Andy Mac

Post by Andy Mac »

This is in its just working out which forces are most appropriate K has some interesting ideas on that
JeffroK

Post by JeffroK »

Should the right answer be triggering, but what appears is dependent on the date?
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
Andy Mac

Post by Andy Mac »

Thats very very tough to code and would end up sucking in a lot of slots that would need to be hardcoded

I am loathe to make it awkward for modders by hardcoding more slots than the minimum I feel we need.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”