Emancipation Revisited

From the creators of Crown of Glory come an epic tale of North Vs. South. By combining area movement on the grand scale with optional hex based tactical battles when they occur, Forge of Freedom provides something for every strategy gamer. Control economic development, political development with governers and foreign nations, and use your military to win the bloodiest war in US history.

Moderator: Gil R.

gargoil

Emancipation Revisited

Post by gargoil »

I have searched the forums about the Union not being able to declare Emancipation. There are several entries, but I do not see any of them ending in a resolution of the problem.

I am playing the Union, it is Early July 1862. The total European support for the Confederacy is 12. The Union Battles victory score is +4. So, according to the requirements I have found in searching this forum, I have met them.

Has there been an answer to if Emancipation is working properly? Is there some date that much be reached? Is there more to the requirements that I did not know of?

Thanks for any responses...
Erik Rutins

RE: Emancipation Revisited

Post by Erik Rutins »

There have been some reports of situations where Emancipation did not enable, but in my own testing it's been working fine.

Did you just hit those numbers? If so, the option may be enabled next turn. I agree that Emancipation should be possible given what you're seeing, so if it does not show up please keep your save files and e-mail them to us for examination.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
gargoil

Post by gargoil »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

There have been some reports of situations where Emancipation did not enable, but in my own testing it's been working fine.

Did you just hit those numbers? If so, the option may be enabled next turn. I agree that Emancipation should be possible given what you're seeing, so if it does not show up please keep your save files and e-mail them to us for examination.

Regards,

- Erik

Yes, the European support for the Confederacy just went from 11 to 12 in the Events report at the end of last turn.

So you believe I may have the option after completing another turn? Okay, I will finish another turn later on... (getting too close to the Giants-Tampa Bay playoff game, big G-men fan here [;)].

BTW, gratz on a superb game. I never played Crown of Glory. I've played Napoleonic Miniatures (along with Civil War) but I am totally ignorant of the politics and sequence of events in the Napoleonic Era. The ACW however I am quite knowledgeable on.

I've played Ageod's ACW game as well, very good game, but I like the detailed battles, and how economics and politics are handled in FoF better.

Maybe you could answer one more question off-topic in this thread? I am playing the Standard Scenario. As I have read, it balances the economies more than it truely was historically. This will most likely result in a better solo game against the Confederate AI? But does this lead to ahistorical Confederate strength later in the game?

Dreadnaught

Post by Dreadnaught »

[snip]

[/quote]

Okay, I will finish another turn later on... (getting too close to the Giants-Tampa Bay playoff game, big G-men fan here [;)].

[/quote]

woo-hoo! go big blue!
Fanaticism obliterates the feelings of humanity.
Edward Gibbon
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

The "balanced" scenarios use numbers that were within historical ranges that we found, but we tended to give the CSA the upper end of the ranges and the USA values toward the lower end of the ranges.  (My personal opinion is that the South mobilized more fully for the war than the North and probably had a greater percentage of its resources available for the war-effort, and so some disparity from the historical average values is justified, though probably not as great a disparity as the "balanced" scenarios give.)  The regular scenarios just use the average values, mostly from the 1860 census data.

People don't seem to be reporting problems with too many CSA units anymore, so I believe that the tweaks we made in the last few patches fixed this problem, but by all means, please let us know if you encounter a-historically abnormally large CSA troop sizes with the standard game settings.  (But do note that on harder difficulty levels the AI does get additional material bonus and so probably will have larger-than-historical troop sizes at these levels.)
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

ORIGINAL: Gargoil
Maybe you could answer one more question off-topic in this thread? I am playing the Standard Scenario. As I have read, it balances the economies more than it truely was historically. This will most likely result in a better solo game against the Confederate AI? But does this lead to ahistorical Confederate strength later in the game?

Well, the AI will probably be tougher with the balanced forces in the standard game, yes. However, I will note that most players (especially new players) find the AI plenty challenging in the "historical" scenarios so you may want to start there. Either Coming Fury or Southern Steel are designed to be very historical in forces, OOBs, leaders, economies, etc.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Return to “Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865”