Just bought the game!

Gary Grigsby’s World at War is back with a whole new set of features. World at War: A World Divided still gives complete control over the production, research and military strategy for your side, but in this new updated version you’ll also be able to bring spies into the mix as well as neutral country diplomacy, variable political events and much more. Perhaps the largest item is the ability to play a special Soviet vs. Allies scenario that occurs after the end of World War II.

Moderator: MOD_GGWaW_2

Peeking Duck?

Just bought the game!

Post by Peeking Duck? »

and need some help. Please, please, tell me there is a way to run this thing in a higher res thanthe one provided in full screen? Is there not a config file I can modify or something?

cheers,
P
Lebatron

RE: Just bought the game!

Post by Lebatron »

Welcome PD,

The game supports 1024x768 only. I've found that exceptable in full screen, but in practice I always use windowed mode. What exactly do you find so bothersome about 1024x768? It's a decent resolution for this kind of wargame. Don't expect super high res out of games like this. Afterall they're not running off of something like the Unreal engine.  
Jesse LeBreton, AKA Lebatron
Development team- GG's WAW A World Divided
MrQuiet

Post by MrQuiet »

If you really plan on getting into the game then:

Actually, what you are going to want to do is play in windowed mode.
That way you can minimize the game to do other computer things like check your mail, open pdf manual, etc..
The game is very stable in windowed moded. In full screen mode you take your chances on the alt-tabs.

You get use to the smaller game screen in window mode very quickly, I hesitated to use it but never went back once I did.

Hope that helps.
Peeking Duck?

Post by Peeking Duck? »

Thanks for the replies.  The reason I want higher res is because in full screen mode the graphics look stretched (especially font faces appear as if they need anti aliasing) and most importantly I would like to see more of the map!  Playing in windowed mode would be fine if I could resize the window but the engine obviously doesn't provide for that.

cheers,
P
christian brown

Post by christian brown »

ORIGINAL:

Peeking Duck?

I would like to see more of the map!

You can use the zoom feature built into the GUI - interestingly, you can also customize your own zoom level, Lebatron (a very good modder) checks this forum regularly and may reply to your post with instructions on how to modify the text file controlling this aspect of AWD. You could also send him a Personal Message on this site requesting this info. With a little patience, you can search this forum for the zoom control thread, I just did a search myself but could not find the post using the search term "zoom," so you'll have to use another term or just look through older posts. In any case, good luck! We all welcome you to this little forum in support of the game we care so much about!
ORIGINAL: Lebatron

Here are the values I choose for UV2.0+ from the wawgoldart.txt file at the bottom.
// zooms for the game
MAP_ZOOM,4000,5400,2500

I'll be damned if I didn't just run into this (post#22) by accident! Have fun with it : )
"Those who would give up a little liberty for a little security deserve neither and will lose both."
~ Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided”